Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have all been there - scrolling through 10-20+ pages of the trade thread just so that we don't miss anything juicy. The idea of this thread is to be a quick snapshot of any rumours that are floating around and to be an easy reference (also helpful when looking back). Will try to keep it up to date and also add any links to tweets, saintsational posts and other journo comments that seem reputable (and will be moderated accordingly).

Please note, no discussion about the rumour will take place in here. Instead we have the Trade Thread.

Links to tweets, reporters and articles will be welcome, although we will try to stick to the more reputable sources. Try to use the #Whispers hashtag to alert posters to its presence.

This way we maintain a nice clean thread with nothing but rumours and confirmed trades.

For any discussion please post it in the trade thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

I gave this to a few of the boys the other day. Enjoy.

“We are going to talk Treloar again.
It will be dependent on moving on 3-4 players.

but we think a second round pick will get it done.

I’ve understood this as we would be after both Crouch and Treloar.

Obviously plenty of hoops to manage before this goes from a conversation to likely.”

#Whispers

There is a lot to play out.

I only know that we are very keen and a few things would have to fall our way to make it happen. As a fan base we just need to let it play out.
Pies have had a long standing interest in Lonie. Not sure it’s still relevant.

as I understand it, Collingwood want him gone and will effectively take under and cough Up cash to make it happen.

you however need a buyer for his contract as it is large and he would want to be interested in your clubs direction.
FYI, Jake Nial - St Kilda can't be counted out completely in the Treloar scenario, though it is unclear whether the Saints have the draft capital – they hold pick 17 – and the salary cap space to make it happen.

#Whispers

Not even sure this will play out in the media.

but Friday through to Saturday evening/Sunday morning we spoke about the frame work of a side deal.

crows kept coming back to our first rounder and we kept saying no, we won’t discuss.

we offered players etc for later picks.

we even told them behind closed doors we wouldn’t be trading if they matched and I believe this was communicated to both crouch/agent and Adelaide prior to lodging.

the fact they thought we even would consider cracking after all this is crazy.

Last point on this deal aswell- we consider Brad a good footballer - who hasn’t scratched his potential. That point is being pushed by Ratten

#Whispers

On Dunstan leaving for a low pick:

I think that’s what will happen if Treloar comes into play like I’m expecting and how Leathlan is positioning.

check out his interview last week and compare to this morning. Subtle changes but you can see how we are positioning this.

#Whispers

Guys, Collingwood have to trade Treloar, and they will. They are prepared to pay a quarter of his money for next year, and want a first this year.
At this stage none of that appeals to us. We will hover around and wait for the terms to become more agreeable.
We have been working the phones hard today on players we want to move on. We obviously need to get money off our books if we want to add another big contract.
One of our mids has his nose out of joint with our trade activity, will be interesting to see what may eventuate from that.
And this talk of having to use a first this year for Ben King is not really accurate. I can’t see King leaving Suns anytime soon, and if he does I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to another Melbourne based club.
We want to use our first this year to bring in another talented kid, we have a very specific list plan which requires us to keep adding young talent through the draft, especially after missing out early last year.

Ross worth a pick in the 20’s IMO.

#Whispers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard two bits of info from a mate who was told them from separate sources.

One was that Hind is going to Essendon but the deal hasn’t been sorted out.

The other was that Treloar’s camp has told the Bulldogs to trade for him

He naturally didn’t name the sources so I have no idea how questionable they are (or himself as a mad doggies fan), but thought I’d pass it on for a conversation starter.
If we did trade Hind, what would we expect back in return?

#Whispers

St Kilda Football Club has today informed Matty Parker he will not be offered a contract for 2021.

The 24-year-old joins Doulton Langlands, Ryan Abbott, Jack Bell, Jack Mayo, Logan Austin and retiree Nathan Brown in the initial group of changes made to the Saints list following the 2020 season.

“This was a really difficult decision to make,” Head of List Management James Gallagher said.

Been told by a very reliable source, that treloar has told collingwood teammates he would like to get to St Kilda in 2021.

I believe Rendell has said similar on radio during the week too.

Adam has been seeing different team mates throughout the week telling them his situation.

We obviously can’t get it done, but we are Treloars club of choice.

#notsureifitk

#Whispers

All signs pointing to Bulldogs mate. If Dodoro coughs up what Dogs want then it’s on.
I believe Dogs hoping to turn Dunkley into an early first and Treloar.
Right now we simply don’t have the cap space.
A lot would have to fall into place for Saints to go down Treloar path.
Dodoro trying to match our 5-in record from last season.

Treloar tossing up between hawks and dogs. Hawks now in pole position.

He wants us but we’re not budging on 500k per year.

#Whispers

SYDNEY has held discussions with former No.1 pick Paddy McCartin about reviving the ex-Saint's stalled career after a year out of the game with concussion.

However, Swans CEO Tom Harley said ongoing uncertainty about list sizes going into 2021 made it difficult to make a firm call on the strong-marking tall forward.

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

hope that where did best for Paddy eventuates.

Will take a look at Matthew Parker from the saints after he was delisted. Not saying we will get him

Looks like it might not be completely over for Parker with the blues potentially keen.

#Bluemour

#Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back