Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have all been there - scrolling through 10-20+ pages of the trade thread just so that we don't miss anything juicy. The idea of this thread is to be a quick snapshot of any rumours that are floating around and to be an easy reference (also helpful when looking back). Will try to keep it up to date and also add any links to tweets, saintsational posts and other journo comments that seem reputable (and will be moderated accordingly).

Please note, no discussion about the rumour will take place in here. Instead we have the Trade Thread.

Links to tweets, reporters and articles will be welcome, although we will try to stick to the more reputable sources. Try to use the #Whispers hashtag to alert posters to its presence.

This way we maintain a nice clean thread with nothing but rumours and confirmed trades.

For any discussion please post it in the trade thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reading Tigers board it seems that Lonie will be involved in the Higgins trade with Dogs first rd pick in play.
DONS MAKE HIND OFFER - 2.30PM

Tom Morris reports...

Essendon has tabled a fourth round pick for St Kilda speedster Nick Hind.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the Saints are weighing up the proposal up.

The Bombers like Hind’s pace and believe they could potentially get him via the pre-season draft if needed.

Hind played VFL for Essendon in 2017 and 2018 but was overlooked before joining the Saints as a mature age recruit.

He played 10 matches in 2020 but fell out of favour late in the campaign.

We are taking the piss now

#Whispers

Hey mate, I know this isn't a thread for discussion, but with trade week over I just want to give a huge thank you for your efforts over the last few weeks.

I know there's been days where I've wanted the best of the trade thread without sifting through 20 pages and you willingly gave your time to provide us that. It's not an exaggeration to say you saved me hours, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks again mate!

Hey mate, I know this isn't a thread for discussion, but with trade week over I just want to give a huge thank you for your efforts over the last few weeks.

I know there's been days where I've wanted the best of the trade thread without sifting through 20 pages and you willingly gave your time to provide us that. It's not an exaggeration to say you saved me hours, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Thanks again mate!
Spot on, great thread. Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, had a dinner with the family last night for the first time in months. Had a few beers with the neices squeeze who works in player management. A few interesting things came out.
Higgins had agreed to be a saint months ago apparently. Crouch as well, the drug bust really got us over the line with ratten ringing him up saying that it was ok and that mistakes happen. Real father figure.

Billings was offered a huge contract by essendon, didnt even look at it apparently. Says he is staying at the saints long term. They will be working on a deal for an extension after the cap is sorted and has is under no illusions that it will be significantly less than last time, has no issues with that.

Dunstan was shopped around, but no one wanted to take his contract on. Same with webster. Both happy at the saints as well and are looking forward to smashing it next year. Ready know its an uphill battle and have been having their own starts to pre season already apparently.

Lonie was nearly at the dogs, then treloar happened. Unsure if he will sign the contract in front of him or look to be delisted. Carlton only had interest through PSD in him.

Also reckons Gags is the best in the business with list management, surprised as how little he has been in the role. Absolutely magnificent back house apparently.

The biggest one was not even about a player, it was about Lethlean. The AFL apparently approached him to head up a department in future planning. Told them a strict no, saints have given him a fresh start and he owes it to them to be here for the long haul. Incredibly happy in the environment here. Has been approached by numerous other clubs the last couple of years and they have been told the same thing.

We will have satan for a long time yet.
#Whispers

Frawley is locked in 100%
As above Chips is a done deal
Jake was shopped and no one wanted him , is on a very cheap one year deal
Ed Phillips was the only player they didn't want to delist out of the group that went , its all about salary cap.
They are stoked to get Higgins and Crouch and are extremely bullish about next year .
My Ratts source , Not from some friend of my second cousins brothers wife

PS , Chips didn't retire from Hawthorn he was pushed

#Whispers

was talking to a legit ITK today and asked if Matty Parker was heading back to play WAFL next year apparently Matty Parker has had a bit of interest from another victorian AFL club but its a bit of a long shot but is still more likely to stay in Victoria than return home potentially playing VFL ...

#Whispers

ST KILDA has delisted forward Jonathon Marsh but is working through finalising a new contract for crumber Jack Lonie.

The Saints confirmed on Friday afternoon Marsh had been cut, taking their total delistings to eight this off-season.

WHO'S LEAVING? Your club's retirements and delistings

However, AFL.com.au understands Lonie is on the verge of inking a fresh one-year deal that may also include a trigger clause for a second season.

ST KILDA has delisted forward Jonathon Marsh but is working through finalising a new contract for crumber Jack Lonie.

The Saints confirmed on Friday afternoon Marsh had been cut, taking their total delistings to eight this off-season.

WHO'S LEAVING? Your club's retirements and delistings

However, AFL.com.au understands Lonie is on the verge of inking a fresh one-year deal that may also include a trigger clause for a second season.

8 delistings 1 retired, 1 traded. 10 gone.

I saw a mate's nephew today and had a long chat. He played North VFL last year. He says Wood is a great trainer but thinks he lacks killer instinct and drive in games. Also said he does good stuff but often butchers it. He was being tactful but you sensed he wasn't overly impressed by him. Thought Pittard was stiff and thinks Polec will come good and is an outstanding player who got punished for being a one way player.

He's close mates with O'Brien from Carlton and Jye Caldwell. Said the Saints had Caldy wrapped up, told him he was our number one trade target but rang back and dropped our offer when we got Crouch over the line while Essendon upped theirs. Sounds like Caldwell wasn't overly happy with us.

O'Brien got told by Collingwood that they'd chase him if they lost Stepheson but went cold. The nephew trained at Port and played SANFL with them and rates Dougal Howard really really highly as both a player and competitor. Said he's a Goddard style finger pointer but plays with huge passion and has scope to be elite and a great guy off field.

#Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back