Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have all been there - scrolling through 10-20+ pages of the trade thread just so that we don't miss anything juicy. The idea of this thread is to be a quick snapshot of any rumours that are floating around and to be an easy reference (also helpful when looking back). Will try to keep it up to date and also add any links to tweets, saintsational posts and other journo comments that seem reputable (and will be moderated accordingly).

Please note, no discussion about the rumour will take place in here. Instead we have the Trade Thread.

Links to tweets, reporters and articles will be welcome, although we will try to stick to the more reputable sources. Try to use the #Whispers hashtag to alert posters to its presence.

This way we maintain a nice clean thread with nothing but rumours and confirmed trades.

For any discussion please post it in the trade thread:

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a family dinner yesterday for a birthday, neice and her squeeze (the one in player management) showed up and after a few beers got chatting about about the state of play at the saints.

The Saints are heavily into young, highly rated tall defender, Fisher McAsey. But also are actively looking for another one as well. There has also been murmurings of a ruckman currently represented by Mac Sports that is being courted in a serious way, but have been told to see how everything is going by mid season to ramp up talks.
Reckons we are right in the frame to pick up a serious player or two in the coming years if we keep going as we are.

Seb Ross has been asked the question of by another Melbourne team, he said possible family ties, so can only assume it's essendon. But nothing fully serious there yet.

As I said after trade period, the Saints are turning heads in a serious way. Reckons there is a seriously good culture being bred at Moorabbin and it's turning the heads of alot of players as the group is seemingly going places.
Also asked about Ben King. "Not this year" was the response.....with a smirk

#Whispers

Not sure if it’s been spoken about yet, but there was a couple of injuries at training today. Can’t be sharing specifics unfortunately. They do seem minor which is good news.
Byrnes did his hammy today. Looked pretty upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha sorry this is a real Johnny ray flamingo post. Rathy mentioned something in passing but didn’t name names so I can’t share anything else unfortunately lads. He’s confident they’re quite minor however!
#Whispers

Just heard a rumour that there has been a bit of a fracas up on the gold coast between Bing and a few players about his future.
They want him to commit to a future at the suns but he has told them that he doesn't want to delve to far into the future and just take it contract by contract. Apparantly his stance had put a few noses out of joint up there and caused friction among the group.

#Whispers

Had an interesting exchange of messages from a mate who is well known with a leaning to the red white and black.
Asked him about a few things.
He said the talk of B King talking to Bombers is absolute BS.
He said " if/when he comes home he is only playing for one club and it's in Moorabbin.
If framing a market he is a $1.04 chance of happening. From someone very close to family.
Ben has said to club he is happy to play down back but the saints want them both up forward.
Also my mate said about the 2 academy they are both guns and Windhagers coach at Hailbury he has comparisons to Petracca.
The coach said he is a rippa. On the cusp of top 20 in the draft but doing his knee and covid happening with lack of exposure could help us.
Club is looking at 2 younger KPD as back up.
Saints were in to a very very good younger mid from up north early in the season but has gone a bit quiet.
#Whispers

"Jordan De Goey has rejected a contract offer from Collingwood, saying he will not sign a new deal with the behaviour clauses the club is demanding."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"St Kilda out of the race for the Jack Bowes pick 7 salary dump"

"
The deal that will get Rankine to Adelaide. St Kilda considered the Jack Bowes deal to accept pick 7 and absorb his $500K plus salary for the next two years but won’t be a taker. Dons have so much cap space. Surely in a strong position."

Last edited:
C'mon guys, it's just unnecessary work for us to keep deleting posts that aren't in line with the point of this thread.

If you want to discuss a rumour you can do so in the trade thread. I don't want to but I may just start thread banning people, I can't be arsed...the only rule of this thread is in the damn title lol

Cheers 👍

Someone called in and asked why St Kilda are apparently not in the conversation for Bowes. Answer was that it was very likely that management and player have specific preferences and will only open talks with those clubs, which is common practice. So Saints most likely not necessarily 'out of the race' out of negligence or disinterest.

Noble now saying we should keep Clark

From the Collingwood board:

Have heard today from an extremely reliable source that the pen has been inked with Jordy. Standards AFL clauses and Jordy will be with us for a further five years. Big thanks to the AFLPA!

DeGoey apparently re-signed with the pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back