Player Watch #8: Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Have always loved watching Jack play and I have never underrated him. Some people questioning why he isn't in the leadership group. My response is simple - he doesn't need to be in the leadership group. He shows a lot of fight and leadership in the forward line and is very vocal. He may not be a leader by name but unofficially he certainly is in my opinion.

Also something else that is interesting and I think I may have raised it a few weeks ago. Jack's record interstate in terms of accuracy is very VERY good.

Interstate (46 games): 115.51 = 69.27% accuracy, 2.50 goals per game

In Victoria (123 games): 300.188 = 61.47% accuracy, 2.43 goals per game

He played a great game tonight, well done Jack - YELLOW AND BLACK :)

Has anyone else kicked 6 against the swans this year or recent years?

What a legend!

I'm not sure, can anyone confirm this? In terms of Richmond players I remember when Richo kicked 7.0 against Sydney at the SCG in 2004 and that game was Richmond's most recent win at the SCG until tonight's win.

Jack would have to be up there with the most damaging forwards in the comp, and one of the hardest to curb. He's great on a lead, takes a strong pack mark, brings other players into the game, and with his lighting reflexes and footy smarts he's super dangerous when the ball hits the ground. Add to that an excellent shot at goal from both set shots and snaps. Now that he's finally adjusted his temperament and his focus is the football, Jack is the complete package. What he also has is that 'x-factor' and he performs on a big-stage. He's the type of player that given the opportunity, could quite easily win a GF off his own boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I share the same birthday as him, a fellow Halloween freak. He is not just doing the freakish things now. He's a really great team player and has been showing how versatile he is.
Yeah but can you kick as good as Jack...?!?...

I've been saying for a while if Jack looked like Boyd, Cloke or buddy ect he would be known as one of the best forwards in the last 5 years. Doesn't even get named all Australian but wins colemans? He simply kicks goals a lot of the time
I think that may be changing, even Mark McClure was praising him last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back