Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Rupe but he never managed to take the senior opportunities he was given. Good luck to him going forward. Would love to see him remain with our VFL side but I think there'll be more money to made elsewhere.

Good move by the club, if you're going to refresh then you need to be turning over these fringe types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid citizen, good role player, would have been perfect at Gold Coast or a lesser team like Adelaide. great Attack and pressure. below average skills. Would be needed in a team that needs to protect one or two stars from being constantly battered.

carlton a year or two ago to protect Cripps, for example.

Played more games in the famous Black and White stripes than me.
Or EVERY OTHER POSTER ON THIS FORUM.
Had a crack, lived the dream that we all have.
Well done Rupe.
Thank you for your service.
Filled a role when needed , i wish him all the best.

Came to the AFL too late, by all accounts a very good athlete in the amateurs but never showed that at AFL level where he was a work horse type.

Agree with the comments re these are the types you have to upgrade to move forward.

Got his chance late, injuries didn't help. Obviously a smart, hard footballer with great clearance skills but, just lacked pace and polish. He reminded me of a 70's footy star trapped in a 00's modern game. Feel he made the most of his opportunity, did his bit for the team and I wish him all the best for the future.

Probably needed to happen but f?ck we are going into next year with no depth. Lets pray for no injuries and for some of our young guys to grab it with both hands.

This leaves us thinner than a pair of Oprah's stockings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back