Rush freaks UNITE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked to see some Rush fans! So criminally unknown here.

Neil Peart - Greatest Drummer IN THE WORLD

Time to devote a thread to one of the greatest rock/prog bands of all time.
The mighty Canadian trio Rush.
Grew up with this band as I'm sure alot of you have that love this group.

I'm going to start with a track from their latest album because it's a scorcher.

Get cracking fellow Rush freaks!

They were tops from 1978-82. Only liked a few songs in the mid-late 80s though. Hardly liked anything after 1990. That song was crappy. Typical modern guitar amplified x 10 poo. :p

What was the name of that guy who used to pole vault around the music forums years back over Rush?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spirit of radio is on constant play at my house.

Bought the new album yesterday - really liking it.

Fave songs are:
The trees
Cygnus x hemispheres
Circumstances
The analog kid
Digital man
The weapon
Losing it
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Natural science
Entre Nous
Kid gloves
The body electric
Fly by night
Bytor and the snowdog
Temple of Syrinx
A passage to Bangkok
The fountain of Lamneth

I mainly really enjoy the 1978-82 albums. Plus 2-3 songs from the 75-76 and 84-90 albums. I don't seem to like any songs from Farewell to King enough to mention. Don't like the recording much

Freewill
Animate

I love this band too. Bought their first 9 or 10 albums at the time and saw them live in about 1990 at Wembley Arena. Real shame they never come here.

Rush at their best

The only two bands that have sold more than Rush are The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.
Yet they are very unknown here.
I think it's the radio stations and the music industries attitude here.($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Wrong.

Rush's sales estimates are at around $40+ mill.

For reference, Zeppelin are at $115+ mill. Hell, Aerosmith have more album sales in the U.S. alone than Rush have worldwide.

Wrong.

Rush's sales estimates are at around $40+ mill.

For reference, Zeppelin are at $115+ mill. Hell, Aerosmith have more album sales in the U.S. alone than Rush have worldwide.
OK then.I got that false info from the Whirlpool forums lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back