Toast Russell Ebert recognised as a Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there anywhere you can see a break down of Hall of Fame inductees by club?

I feel we've got a large and growing number.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
The wiki page that is right up to date now, after the Legend players they list the Player inductees and you can sort by club. Of course players will be allocated to multiple clubs if they played for more than one, eg Hayden Bunton Snr is listed as a Port player because he played 1 year for Port.

This feels really hollow for me now. This elevation was 100% inevitable and the writing was on the wall in relation to the great man's health last year. That they didn't do it then is something that I hope churns in the pit of the stomach of the selection committee for the rest of their lives.

He deserved this and football deserved this while he was alive to see it.

Surely this was something they could have done last year, when he was still alive though right.
Yes indeed.
Why oh why did it take his passing for others to finally acknowledge his greatness?
So sad he was unable to be here to see his greatest triumph on the field of play.

Ebert - Legend

The two are inextricably linked forever now.
:port:
Has ascended to the pantheon of the immortals, where he truly belongs
:D:thumbsu::trophy:

Is there anywhere you can see a break down of Hall of Fame inductees by club?

I feel we've got a large and growing number.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Player inductee:
1655214136972.png

Coach inductee:
1655214199929.png

Admin inductee:
1655214226521.png

As angry as I was last year that Russell wasn't made a legend, I reconsidered the timing at his funeral when I was reminded Russell Ebert wasn't a man who needed accolades, trophies or fanfare - he was the opposite. Tonight's tribute by Bucky was spectacular - the crowd after initially being restless quietened down and by the end were hanging on every word. It was delivered perfectly but I particularly loved those final few sentences about why our club entered the AFL and how that related to Russell. So while I don't think Russell would have enjoyed the fanfare, I think his family deserved the celebration and it would have been a wonderful night. Would love a transcript of Bucky's speech.

about bloody time, should have happened earlier and as mentioned would have been even better last year or the year before.

never mind, it’s happened now and a well deserved accolade to our greatest ever. Well done GOAT

About time should of been yrs ago congratulations to the family.

I was prepared to let bygones be bygones last night when the news broke but this morning reading this

I can bite my tongue no longer. Whoever decides the nominations and/or judges their worthiness and i'm looking at you SANFL

congratulations on being the architects of this largely unspoken disgrace. Did Russell have to die before officialdom caved in to the

mountain of facts writ large in black and white to expose their greatest strength. A strength to boldly even proudly (with a sfellow on the side?)

wait a lazy 21yrs after Robran was honoured. A strength that judges the jumpers' colours before the player's character?...

if so congratulations you won but you knew that anyway. He who owns the screen, pen and microphone owns the message and has the strength.

Too soon for an ungrateful classless bogan such as myself to raise this flagrant wrong?

The only 'class' I can summon right now is to leave swear words out of this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely this was something they could have done last year, when he was still alive though right.
Whilst I agree wholeheartedly, such was the humility of the Great Man, that I believe he would have been mildly embarrassed and would have used the occasion to praise others as he so often did

Changed the thread title. It should be something like this:

Russell Ebert has always been a legend (or “Common sense wins in the Hall of Fame”)

Or this:

In the Australian Football Hall of Fame, “Legend” has been elevated to “Russell Ebert” status

In the Australian Football Hall of Fame, “Legend” has been elevated to “Russell Ebert” status

That right there. Farken love it

he's the 32nd legend of the game and i think thats sits about right in the whole scheme of things. if you were gonna pick a all-time squad of players with a list of 40 to choose from i think you would be calling out his name somewhere between 30-35

Remove this Banner Ad

Back