Russia 2018 - going? Discussion here

Remove this Banner Ad

Been following your posts last few weeks.

You get your tickets?
Creepy....

Yeah I got the text Thursday that they were arriving Friday, had to put it off til today as i was working Friday morning, came back and changed the date to Friday after seeing they'd only just got to the DHL depot and got them that evening.

Creepy....

Yeah I got the text Thursday that they were arriving Friday, had to put it off til today as i was working Friday morning, came back and changed the date to Friday after seeing they'd only just got to the DHL depot and got them that evening.
Ah no not creepy just could imagine being in a similar position and stressing out about them coming

Ah no not creepy just could imagine being in a similar position and stressing out about them coming
I know, I was just making fun. My Fanatics tour stuff should be arriving this week too, so I fly out on the 10th... less than 2 weeks. I'm also back to being 100% single just in time for the event ;)

Sounds like all the planets aligning for you
I wont go into the long story as I've done this too many times, but I wish I wasn't, but I am happy that it's come just in time for Russia. Only problem is I didn't lose the love handles before I went haha.

Just saw this news...very strange.

The only thing I can think of is that SOMETHING in these supporters profiles triggered the Russian security system, and thus their FAN IDs were auto declined. God knows what that might be though.

I did read that one of these affected fans often travelled with a group of mates to see games overseas. Perhaps he has done that often enough that he "ticks a box" in the russian computer algorithms that aligns with hooliganism (one of the things the FAN ID was designed to help stop) and thus, with no warning, the system cancelled his ID.

Seems to have only happened to one or two people though, correct?

EDIT - looks like its happened to three or four people in his group of 30.

Im guessing the Russian system has them (incorrectly I am sure) pegged as possible hooligans.

Large group all travelling at the same time. Check
Booked independently of a tour company. Check
Been to multiple soccer tournaments/games before. Check.
They might even have names similar to known suspects, who knows.

i'm guessing that's enough to get the system to just cancel them automatically.

Which sucks royally. Hope they can get it sorted out.

Last edited:
All fine with my Fan ID - though I crossed the border from Kazakhstan to Russia with it and it was the first they ever knew of them so it took 2 hours and we missed our train. But we still got in, thankfully it wasn't cancelled because I haven't checked my emails in weeks so it would've been a shock being stuck in Kazakhstan. We were probably close to the first people in Russia to cross the border on it I reckon

Going to Kaliningrad on the 11th so with the first game there on the 16th you'd think they'd be ready.

Haven't got my Fanatics pack yet... and I leave on Sunday, it's also meant to contain my charter flight tickets. Little worried as they said theyd send them out last week and its the Sydney crew dealing with it.

EDIT: Actually just saw I pick it up in Moscow.. whoops. I shouldn't read those emails drunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those guys won't be able to get in on a tourist visa. have been told by the authorities. That's really ****ed.

Made it to Russia... After playing 20 questions at border control. Was funny cause I was the only non-slavic origin person on the bus from Poland and they heard there was an Aussie aboard and couldn't work out why, lucky some spoke English and helped me

Will probably never visit Russia. Like criticising governments too much. Putin's government is an affront to common decency.

Will probably never visit Russia. Like criticising governments too much. Putin's government is an affront to common decency.
Put some concrete in ur coffee and harden up ya big pair of ladies underpants.

Been watching WC from Croatia and Italy..great event and some great games..it has won me over...think this game has finally gone past aussie rules as a spectacle. ..well done to AFL you fcuktards.

Put some concrete in ur coffee and harden up ya big pair of ladies underpants.

Been watching WC from Croatia and Italy..great event and some great games..it has won me over...think this game has finally gone past aussie rules as a spectacle. ..well done to AFL you fcuktards.
Finally? It might be the case for a small minority, but for the majority of the world football HAS always been a better spectacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back