Russia 2018 - going? Discussion here

Remove this Banner Ad

Any luck mate? I just jumped in about 15 minutes ago, completely blanked that it was 13th March

Nothing at this stage.

I have been waiting since just after 8pm and for most of those 4 hours there has been very little movement.

On the plus side the past 10 minutes or so has been positive - if you're familiar with the system, my little man has gone for a bit of a run. I made it down to 48 minutes....and now I am back up to "more than an hour".

Long night ahead for the both of us it seems...

OK. Update time.

After 4 and a half hours I finally got in. Unfortunately all the games I wanted were already sold out of Cat 3 tickets.

But then i see France v Australia in Kazan has good availability. I'm already going to Kazan later in the tournament and had no plans to go to this game...

Well, I do now!

I'm not sure how I'm going to get there, but * it. Too good an opportunity to pass up.

How did you go lewigie ?

OK. Update time.

After 4 and a half hours I finally got in. Unfortunately all the games I wanted were already sold out of Cat 3 tickets.

But then i see France v Australia in Kazan has good availability. I'm already going to Kazan later in the tournament and had no plans to go to this game...

Well, I do now!

I'm not sure how I'm going to get there, but **** it. Too good an opportunity to pass up.

How did you go lewigie ?

I started a few hours after you did mate ! So I've been in for probably just under two hours.

My running man is at about a fifth of the way, haha.

Which tickets were left, can you remember? I was hoping to get to all 3, but if I can only get to one that's fine - it still means you can get a free travel visa through Russia for the time period of the World Cup as long as you have atleast one ticket!

Would love to get to the Kazan game . Do you mean that there were tickets available to the two other games but they were the more expensive categories?

Thanks for any info you've got :)

I started a few hours after you did mate ! So I've been in for probably just under two hours.

My running man is at about a fifth of the way, haha.

That damn running man!

Got down to about 45 mins then kicked me out to over an hour for a long while, before working its way down again.

If it happens to you, stick with it.

Which tickets were left, can you remember? I was hoping to get to all 3, but if I can only get to one that's fine - it still means you can get a free travel visa through Russia for the time period of the World Cup as long as you have atleast one ticket!

All three of the Aussie games?

There was availability in all categories for the France game. I think I also saw there was availability in every category for the Denmark game. I didn’t look for the third.

Would love to get to the Kazan game . Do you mean that there were tickets available to the two other games but they were the more expensive categories?

Yeah there are 3 categories, with cat 3 being the cheapest.

I got that for the France game.

If you’re willing to spend more I’m pretty sure there was availability but that may change.

Thanks for any info you've got :)

No worries, sorry I can’t remember all availability.

Good luck & let us know how you go.

But now...I must sleep.

I managed to get a good haul of tickets after waiting for 6 hours across 4 devices between work and home. Now have tickets to 10 games overall between tonight and the ballot, including the opening game, all Aus, 2 round of 16 and a quarter.

Interesting info given it was listed as "High interest" during the previous phase, and it sounds like people missed out.

Odd system if true.
They didn't give out all tickets + there would have been returned tickets due to the credit card problems as described last page by someone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice...what's the availability like now?

Can't be a whole lot left I wouldn't have thought.
Not great. Still some interesting games available.

Vs Denmark is free I think, as is an England game. 3rd place playoff still free too.

Still some options if you're keen on seeing some less popular games.

There's availability for two Spain and England games, plus one Portugal.

Trying to work out going to another game around the Australia schedule and being based in Moscow.

There's availability for two Spain and England games, plus one Portugal.

Trying to work out going to another game around the Australia schedule and being based in Moscow.

I think there was good availability last night for a couple of games that might work for you...

- Portugal vs Morocco
- Poland vs Senegal
- Belgium vs Tunisia

All are in Moscow and would probably work well into your schedule.

Same.
This will be my fifth Cup after previously going to 1998,2002,2006 and 2010. Unfortunately due to a health issue with my wife we were unable to go to Brazil at the time. Also eagerly awaiting the draw to figure out logistics. The Trans Siberian is on our bucket list so would love to incorporate that into the trip somehow but if not we will look at setting up a base somewhere. Got heaps of family in the UK but would prefer to stay as close as possible. Got a heap of FF points so the flights shouldn’t be an issue
* that's awesome. 1998 especially, you went to france, holy s**t! Great world cup. 2006 and 2010 I liked also.

Which games have you been to?

I literally logged on a couple of hours ago.

The wait.....less than 2 minutes.
Any Australian games free when you logged on?

The Cat 3 tickets were sold out for the France game and I think I got the last few cat 3 tickets of the Peru game too

At 130-140$ I'm not sure how many other country games I'd be able to get to to be honest!

Any Australian games free when you logged on?

The Cat 3 tickets were sold out for the France game and I think I got the last few cat 3 tickets of the Peru game too

At 130-140$ I'm not sure how many other country games I'd be able to get to to be honest!
If I recall correctly the Denmark game was also available...might be half a chance to get to that.

Any of you happen to be in wheelchair??
Wheelchair accessible tickets seem to be available to most games, even the opener!

**** that's awesome. 1998 especially, you went to france, holy s**t! Great world cup. 2006 and 2010 I liked also.

Which games have you been to?
1998: Italy v Chile, Nigeria v Paraguay, Romania v England.
2002: Went over at start of KO rounds.
Denmark v England, England v Brazil, Brazil v Turkey, Germany v Brazil Final.
2006: All Socceroos Games plus England v Portugal QF. Added bonus of that trip was going to the Barcelona v Arsenal CL final in Paris whilst we were over there also.
2010: All Socceroos Games plus Paraguay v Spain QF, Germany v Spain SF and Spain v Netherlands Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back