Russia 2018 - going? Discussion here

Remove this Banner Ad

1998: Italy v Chile, Nigeria v Paraguay, Romania v England.
2002: Went over at start of KO rounds.
Denmark v England, England v Brazil, Brazil v Turkey, Germany v Brazil Final.
2006: All Socceroos Games plus England v Portugal QF. Added bonus of that trip was going to the Barcelona v Arsenal CL final in Paris whilst we were over there also.
2010: All Socceroos Games plus Paraguay v Spain QF, Germany v Spain SF and Spain v Netherlands Final

That’s a seriously impressive World Cup resume.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1998: Italy v Chile, Nigeria v Paraguay, Romania v England.
2002: Went over at start of KO rounds.
Denmark v England, England v Brazil, Brazil v Turkey, Germany v Brazil Final.
2006: All Socceroos Games plus England v Portugal QF. Added bonus of that trip was going to the Barcelona v Arsenal CL final in Paris whilst we were over there also.
2010: All Socceroos Games plus Paraguay v Spain QF, Germany v Spain SF and Spain v Netherlands Final
That is ******* sensational.

Italy vs Chile in Bordeaux * what a game. You saw the great Roberto Baggio, not to mention Paolo Maldini and Za-Sa. Zamerano and Salas. * me dead. Nigeria vs Paraguay was a cracker. That game eliminated Spain lmao. On that Nigerian team were Okocha, Taribo West, Kanu, George, Ikpeba etc. Chilavert from Paraguay. Hagi from Romania! Owen, Shearer, Beckham, and many more.

* I could on and on. You saw fat Ronaldo and two world cup finals!

You are one legend of a guy!

That champ league final was awesome too. I loved that game. Eto'o slotting home the winner. And to see that great Spanish team in the semis and final is amazing. * those memories and to be their live is worth every cent you paid x 1000. That's witnessing greatness and crazy sporting history and players.

Remarkable.

Anyone worried about the anti Western sentiment in Russia that keeps coming up in the news??

Apparently people should think twice or three times about travelling to Russia. I'm going for a month before the world cup lol

If the worst thing that happens is I get a punch in the face I can deal with that

Anyone worried about the anti Western sentiment in Russia that keeps coming up in the news??

Apparently people should think twice or three times about travelling to Russia. I'm going for a month before the world cup lol

If the worst thing that happens is I get a punch in the face I can deal with that
That is media talk and governments talking tough. Besides the knobs, that every country possesses, you will treated by the locals as one of their own.
Let us know what happened if you make it back alive? ;)

I am not concerned at all.

Don't draw attention to yourself, don't be a complete and utter * and you'll be just fine IMO.

Anyone got their tickets yet? I just applied for my Fan-ID and the way the address spits out worries me! Especially for a UK address.
I was worried about that address display as well but mind turned up fine about a month after I applied.

On the safety issue, I couldn’t be less worried. I think they’re going to do everything possible to make sure this goes off without a hitch or any sort of international embarrassment.

Anyone got their tickets yet? I just applied for my Fan-ID and the way the address spits out worries me! Especially for a UK address.

Yeah the address display is a bit strange, but a mate of mine applied and received his, a little while back. Mine has been accepted and is apparently on the way.

Tickets I wouldn't be expecting for at least another month. My understanding is they send them as late as possible so as to minimize the opportunity for scalping to occur. The same mate went to Brazil said he literally only got his about a week before he left the country.

Yeah the address display is a bit strange, but a mate of mine applied and received his, a little while back. Mine has been accepted and is apparently on the way.

Tickets I wouldn't be expecting for at least another month. My understanding is they send them as late as possible so as to minimize the opportunity for scalping to occur. The same mate went to Brazil said he literally only got his about a week before he left the country.
Sounds good, I'm not leaving til a few days before the opener thanks to being in London so I should have everything here hopefully.

Address display was odd but I got my Fan ID a couple of weeks ago. The mate I'm going with got his too. Apparently the tickets will be another month or so away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a residential registration law that has to be completed within 24hrs of arrival. Your hotel will do it for you, but best to check with the AirBnB host if you're staying somewhere independently.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi4p9iYsqLaAhWLsVQKHcQABuYQFgguMAE&url=https://www.accountor.ru/en/fifa-registration-rules-for-foreigners-in-russia&usg=AOvVaw2E4pqpLswojg1xYxuZA_Zl

That's going to be.....interesting.

I'm staying on a ******* train for my first 2 nights in the country.

I have 2 x tst3 Australia (3 australian games) up for grabs for face value of 630 $US, however you can only buy them from me if you have a FAN ID in your name already (ie youve bought tickets for another game off the fifa website to qualify for a fan id). If interested PM me. I'm just waiting for them to arrive by courier, which i predict will happen over the next couple of weeks. I live in Melbourne.

Anyone else taking the FIFA arranged free trains? Received your train tickets yet?

We get a boarding pass emailed to us at some stage in the 60 days leading before departure on the free trains (so should be soonish). Just print that off and bring it for the trip. They do offer an electronic boarding pass for some of their trains so might for these as well. I’m not 100% sure about the free trains but for paid tickets you need your passport as well as fan id to board.

Hopefully we should have match tickets arriving in the next 2 weeks. I know a few people here who have already received theirs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back