Russia's invasion of Ukraine and what it means for football

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like very little?

Yes it seems very much a nothing move, just some proactive PR by him to be seen to be doing something.

No intention of a change of ownership etc, no comment whatsoever of the atrocities in Ukraine, just some corporate spin that his advisors and representatives likely have advised him to do at this time.

Just ban them already. Yet it would be typical FIFA to ban Kenya and Zimbabwe for government interference yet leave a country who's perpetrating an invasion alone being the morally bankrupt organisation they are.

Just ban them already. Yet it would be typical FIFA to ban Kenya and Zimbabwe for government interference yet leave a country who's perpetrating an invasion alone being the morally bankrupt organisation they are.
Everyone is s**t scared of Russia, the whole worlds is just sitting still letting them invade another country. It's just so crazy.

Everyone is sh*t scared of Russia, the whole worlds is just sitting still letting them invade another country. It's just so crazy.
History always repeats itself.
The world was scared of Germany in the 1930’s

TBH nothing, to me it's just him trying to distance himself from the club so we don't get mud on us too.

I'm at a stage where i hope he sells.
I think him selling the club is a real possibility now. Today might be the first step to that eventual outcome.

I wonder if someone like Jim Ratcliffe or Todd Boehly are still interested in buying the club after being rejected by Abramovich a few years ago.

Today is to save face and take the heat off the club in the short term.

If he sells the club surely he calls in for his debts. With the Western world making financial sanctions against Putin and his supporters he'll need to get some of his money out of chelsea

If he sells the club surely he calls in for his debts. With the Western world making financial sanctions against Putin and his supporters he'll need to get some of his money out of chelsea

The debt would surely be part of the settlement agreement. Surely he cannot pocket a sale and still have the club in debt to him?

If he leaves does he take havertz with him ?

To where? Not sure too many clubs will want a Russian oligarch buying them right now.

If Roman sells he probably heads over to Israel for good and lives a quiet life there visiting London, Paris, New York etc occasionally when the heat is off him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I mean. Surely the sale price is going to be quite inflated with all that debt

Would it? Everyone knows Roman needs to sell right now. He would be in a terrible barganning position.

My guess is he hopes to ride out the current Ukraine conflict. Distance hinself from runnijg the club (done). Wait for it to finish; let the dust settle. Then sell the club for top dollar.

Would it? Everyone knows Roman needs to sell right now. He would be in a terrible barganning position.

My guess is he hopes to ride out the current Ukraine conflict. Distance hinself from runnijg the club (done). Wait for it to finish; let the dust settle. Then sell the club for top dollar.
I reckon he'd hold out. Even if he sold and his personal assets are being frozen he'd struggle to see any of what Chelsea owe him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back