Current The Disappearance of Ruth Ridley

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruth Ridley, 58yo woman from Port Macquarie was reported missing by family nearly a week ago. She had travelled from Port Macquarie to Tumbarumba in NSW last month in a dark blue Mitsubishi Pajero towing a caravan.

The caravan was located in Tumbarumba.

Her car has been found in Victoria and Gary her estranged husband is in it, deceased.

nannaridley.jpg

Last edited:
Ruth Ridley, 58yo woman from Port Macquarie was reported missing by family nearly a week ago. She had travelled from Port Macquarie to Tumbarumba in NSW last month in a dark blue Mitsubishi Pajero towing a caravan.

The caravan was located in Tumbarumba.

Her car has been found in Victoria and Gary her estranged husband is in it, deceased.

View attachment 774962

Love it 👍

Police are treating her husband's death as suspicious. She killed Gary?

On October 27, Mr Ridley was caught on CCTV filling up his wife’s car with petrol in Tumbarumba, and three days before that, Ms Ridley was seen at a supermarket in Albury on the NSW-Victorian border.

Police are treating her husband's death as suspicious. She killed Gary?

On October 27, Mr Ridley was caught on CCTV filling up his wife’s car with petrol in Tumbarumba, and three days before that, Ms Ridley was seen at a supermarket in Albury on the NSW-Victorian border.

My first thought was the other way around. Cause of death will obviously be key.

Not sure why you’d leave a body in your own car.

My first thought was the other way around. Cause of death will obviously be key.

Not sure why you’d leave a body in your own car.

If it was her she's had a bit of time to move the body out and she'd still have a car. Now it looks like she's on her own with no wheels, how far could she get with cctv covering rail stations and probably most bus stops in towns?

Very perplexing situation.
First reaction is that she has done a runner ?, but she doesn't seem to be the type of person who would commit a serious crime and then bolt. There's not much further information coming forward atm.

Very perplexing situation.
First reaction is that she has done a runner ?, but she doesn't seem to be the type of person who would commit a serious crime and then bolt. There's not much further information coming forward atm.

There was a question in the title. Missing &/or ?

I first saw her disappearance on facebook days ago, no mention even of her husband being with her so first reaction was she just missing. I saw nothing about her husband being with her at all until later and the way the article was framed led me to think that had been kept quiet for some reason.

When I saw the husband died in suspicious circumstances, that didn't indicate imo it was suicide.

Now it seems the police are actually in the waterways looking for her so I'm not entirely sure what might have happened. There's no mention of a possible car jacking or a third party involved.

I thought it was pretty clear cut that he killed himself?
it seems likely he has killed her then killed himself.. she has been missing for a while and hasn’t contacted family or used bank accounts etc..

I thought it was pretty clear cut that he killed himself?
it seems likely he has killed her then killed himself.. she has been missing for a while and hasn’t contacted family or used bank accounts etc..

That might be the way something like this would usually go. The husbands 'suspicious' death threw me off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back