RWC Grand Final: New Zealand v France

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone's been calling France terrible...worst team to make the final etc. No one will give them a chance. But it's a trap! France has been dreaming of this game. Their sort of superstitious logic told them they could only beat the AB's once in this world cup...so they were never in the pool game mentally. But they'll be in this one.

I think NZ will win...and they might win easily. But I have a feeling they'll get a scare.

Lol at France's start to the week in preparing for the Final. Lievremont tells them to not go out after the game, so they go out. He finds out and says the following:

"I told them they are a bunch of spoiled brats...Undisciplined, disobedient, sometimes selfish. Always complaining, always moaning. It has been like this for four year"

That is just hilarious. Okay, I take back what I said. NZ are going to kill them.

Love this quote from the same interview:

"In 1999 we spent four days celebrating our semi-final win. We didn't prepare properly and I don't want us to relive this same thing." FOUR DAYS! :D

Lol at France's start to the week in preparing for the Final. Lievremont tells them to not go out after the game, so they go out. He finds out and says the following:

"I told them they are a bunch of spoiled brats...Undisciplined, disobedient, sometimes selfish. Always complaining, always moaning. It has been like this for four year"

Lol that is gold. :thumbsu:

We should wipe the floor with them. But stranger things have happened.

Joubert has been appointed as the referee. France's long term tactic of breeding referees in foreign countries is finally starting to pay off. If they're not too hungover they might be a chance.

Joubert has been appointed as the referee. France's long term tactic of breeding referees in foreign countries is finally starting to pay off. If they're not too hungover they might be a chance.

He's South African.

This game will be as one-sided as the 2007 AFL grand final... just like that game, a team that once had a history of underachieving in the big matches will finally get the monkey off its back. Mark it down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha yep.

Btw, I heard that France won the jerseys and dressing rooms coin toss but have allowed the All Blacks to play in their black jersey out of respect. France had the right to wear their dark blue jersey and force the AB's to wear white. Quite nice of the French really, given last world cup they beat NZ when they made the AB's wear their alternate strip and doing so again might have given a slight mental edge.

Daresay they thought making New Zealand wear their alternate outfit would give them motivation and thus it will be 'easier' facing them in black. Surprised they had a coin toss for it, should really be determined by which team did better in the pool stage or something.

No need for 'Grand' in the topic title, we're BigFooty, not Joe Idiot public :p

I think if France had forced the All Blacks to wear their alternate strip, it would only make NZ angrier and more determined to decimate and utterly humiliate France, and run the score up as much as possible.

France made the correct decision for the spirit of the World Cup, but also for their own good.

Anyhow the weather should be good for the final, the referee is a good referee, and the atmosphere should be intense. The only downside is Dan Carter isn't playing, which saddens me not because of his lost impact, but because of how much of his life he's put into this moment that he's missing. I predict a good game from Cruden, and Piri Weepu to be much more accurate kicking wise than he was last week. My only worry for the All Blacks is that if their halftime lead is too big, then they could get complacent in the 2nd half, ala 1999 vs France. All Blacks by 20.

NZ will win comfortably - we all hope they will choke but it won't happen. They haven't lost all tournament, have players out injured and are still winning. If they were playing Wales in the final, they might have had a scare.

Seriously, they should win by 20-30 points. But if they don't, it will rank as possibly the greatest choke of all time.

Ive been glimpsing at some of the RWC finals on the football marathon on Fox

and I have to say the quality of Union has deteriorated in terms of attacking play, and how you might as well try to get around the Great Wall of China so impossible has it been to pass the defenses

Tryless bores in the big games, to the point there was NO try in the last World Cup final! And Im sure there wasnt a try in the 'Invictus' match between South africa and NZ

You might as well call it glorified trench warfare!

If Wales had kicked straight they should have been in the finals they didn't so they shouldn't.

I personally think South Africa should have beaten the Australians in the qualifying finals with the amount of ball and possession they had.

Anyways if France get first try watch out. I don't understand how people are saying France are no chance seriously just look at 1999 and 2007!

If Wales had kicked straight they should have been in the finals they didn't so they shouldn't.

I personally think South Africa should have beaten the Australians in the qualifying finals with the amount of ball and possession they had.

Anyways if France get first try watch out. I don't understand how people are saying France are no chance seriously just look at 1999 and 2007!

ah yes, the hypotheticals

That's the thing about rugby union, it rivals soccer in terms of the amount of tries scored (ie none) and the overall fairness of the game, especially at the business end of the tournament

Another hypothetical

Had South Africa beaten Australia (and they could have), im sure they wouldve beaten the All blacks in that semi

Also people say that the NRL stands for National Rigged League, France have exposed the loophole in the Draw and have managed to get to the final, even though (in French: meme si :mad:) they have played like flogs and have lost twice this tournament

The All Blacks deserve to (finally) win it. Along with Sth Africa they are consistently the best team in the world.

Have to agree with X in that it will be a bit of a joke if a team who has lost twice to get to the final wins it over an unbeaten team until then. That said, the AB's know the rules and it's their pride which refuses them to accept any form of loss even if it means an easier draw through to the final.

I'm actually picking a tight game simply due to the nature of the occasion. The All Blacks by 8 and the bulk of nation to finally sleep well after a World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back