RWC Grand Final: New Zealand v France

Remove this Banner Ad

LoL

So people from NSW and QLD aren't Australian's anymore and aren't entitled to represent their country?

Do you call that a true representation of Australia? There are more states and territories in this country than NSW & QLD.

New Zealand, on the other hand, play the game across their entire nation.

Do you call that a true representation of Australia? There are more states and territories in this country than NSW & QLD.

Thats just a load of crap, IMO. If other states developed some top players, they could just as well be included in the side. WHat are they supposed to do find some players from Vic/SA/WA/Tas etc just to represent the whole country?

NZ is a much smaller place than AU, obviously, naturally they are going looks a wider spread of players considering most of NZ is two islands.

An Australian is an Australian no matter where they come from.

The refereeing in that final was shocking.

If it had been even handed I reckon there's every chance that the frogs would have won it.

As a neutral it tarnishes things and leaves a bitter taste.

One thing I am tired of hearing is how they always make New Zealand the favourites every time the Rugby World Cup is on

Granted when its not the Rugby World Cup, NZ is one of the few teams that are willing to play attacking Rugby, unlike England (ZzzZZZZ)

Having said that, NZ is not as good as everyone make them out to be, and they have only won 2 world cups, THE SAME amount AS Australia and South Africa

Australia is actually a better team than NZ, however Australia likes to "pump up NZ's tyres" because Australia knows no other way than play psychological mind games on the trans tasman neighbour. Because Australia likes to play the Underdogs, despite the fact, Australia has 1. a better infrastructure for Rugby, 2. a bigger population than NZ.

Anyway: Im glad NZ have the same amount of Webb Ellis trophys as Australia :p

Lol. A better infrastructure for rugby? Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Australia doesn't even have a national league of its own. Last I checked, the short-lived Australian Rugby Championship has been dead for 3 years. How can a country claim to have ANY rugby infrastructure at all, when they don't even have their own national competition like the NPC or the Currie Cup?

And population doesn't matter. The fact is that Australia's best athletes are choosing AFL, Rugby League, and Cricket. And heck, now they're even choosing soccer. The fact is that Union in Australia is 5th in the pecking order for getting top athletes, while in New Zealand all the best athletes are playing Union.

One day, AM. We Aussies may be able to count the NZ North island as one of ours.

It's moving towards us at a rate of 41-47mm a year. :p

LoL

On the upside you could play for the All Blacks and actually be recognised as one of us and not some alien from another state. ;)

Seems France have been fined $15,000 from the start of the game, when the French team, walked up to the Haka, arms linked, because they crossed over the half way mark. I kinda understand the ruling, but didn't really thing there was any malace/ill intent in the move, just trying to be intimidating back.

Seems France have been fined $15,000 from the start of the game, when the French team, walked up to the Haka, arms linked, because they crossed over the half way mark. I kinda understand the ruling, but didn't really thing there was any malace/ill intent in the move, just trying to be intimidating back.

Yep

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...d-cup-final-haka/story-e6frf4zl-1226175828636

It was worth it, and it almost paid off

Is there anything else you can say?

Ben... Les Francais est percevoir les villaines du... [strike]Football [/strike] / [strike]Rugby[/strike] TOUT LE MONDE :eek:

'Nous faisons tout ce qu'il faut pour gagner'

C'est Normal! :eek:

I swaer if anyone thinks McCaw is innocent despite kneeing Parra in the head....yet the Kiwis go on and on about a love tap to poor little Richie...
What is this. I don't even.

Fair dinkum mate even the most ardent anti-All Blacks Person would recognise that as an unfortunate Rugby incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha! Oh dear. Get a clue.

Here is a tip - add up the population of QLD, NSW and ACT. Add up the population of NZ. Also add up the numbers of registered players. Heck I might as well do it for you:

QLD, NSW, ACT population ~ 12,114,074
NZ Population ~ 4,315,800

QLD, NSW, ACT registered adult players ~ 41,049
NZ registered adult players ~ 28,288

Their "entire nation" indeed.

A lot of the above posters are 100% right. Australia has the potential to absolute dominate world rugby IMO. And their current team has the young talent to meet that potential.

Just have to deliver, which as an All Blacks fan, I can tell you, is easier said than done. ;)

What is this. I don't even.

Fair dinkum mate even the most ardent anti-All Blacks Person would recognise that as an unfortunate Rugby incident.
I think bno1's point wasn't that there was anything too bad with the incident, but what the NZ crowd were booking Quade Cooper for wasn't that bad with McCaw. Yet he put up with the crowd the whole time, in one respect simular incidents (both rather harmless in the end).

Haha! Oh dear. Get a clue.

Here is a tip - add up the population of QLD, NSW and ACT. Add up the population of NZ. Also add up the numbers of registered players. Heck I might as well do it for you:

QLD, NSW, ACT population ~ 12,114,074
NZ Population ~ 4,315,800

QLD, NSW, ACT registered adult players ~ 41,049
NZ registered adult players ~ 28,288

Their "entire nation" indeed.

A lot of the above posters are 100% right. Australia has the potential to absolute dominate world rugby IMO. And their current team has the young talent to meet that potential.

Just have to deliver, which as an All Blacks fan, I can tell you, is easier said than done. ;)

Well up to last night, Australia had won 2 world cups compared to NZ's 1, yet Australia say they are not as strong as NZ historically in rugby or they beat up the all blacks to be Rugby Demi gods

But as we all know! Australia enjoys playing underdog, which they always do - for everything! I think its a thing called 'tall poppy syndrome'

If Australia really wants to play "underdog", why dont they rumble against the U.S.A or China instead at the Olympics? NZ is too easy a target

Also its totally ok if Australia doesnt use Victorians, Tas, Territorians, South or West Australians to actually represent the country, 12 million is enough

I think bno1's point wasn't that there was anything too bad with the incident, but what the NZ crowd were booking Quade Cooper for wasn't that bad with McCaw. Yet he put up with the crowd the whole time, in one respect simular incidents (both rather harmless in the end).

The difference is pretty clear, DR.

[YOUTUBE]Z9RYZStDdDI[/YOUTUBE]

Cooper clearly looks down at McCaw then knees him in the head. One was obviously blatant and one was a complete accident.

The anti-McCaw crusade has been going on in here for a long time.

The difference is pretty clear, DR.

[YOUTUBE]Z9RYZStDdDI[/YOUTUBE]

Cooper clearly looks down at McCaw then knees him in the head. One was obviously blatant and one was a complete accident.

The anti-McCaw crusade has been going on in here for a long time.
I'd admiu it was silly, dumb, even deliberate. But , you got the feeling from the level of the reaction he's king him him behind the play.

Like this
[YOUTUBE]714jxXF7LLc[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think the incident was as bad as some make it out. But, I can understand you'd KO'ed an opponent. I understand how that warrants the poor reaction fro crowds. I'm not trying to turn this into an AFL/Rugby debate - just that is was some footage I'm more aware of.

I understand where your coming from mate, but I just don't think you realise just how revered Richie McCaw is in New Zealand and by his team mates. He's the leader of the most famous product to come out of New Zealand who'll most likely be knighted sooner rather than later.

The booing was OTT, but it's not surprising. Cooper picked the wrong bloke to have pot shots at just months out from a World Cup in Richie's homeland.

I understand where your coming from mate, but I just don't think you realise just how revered Richie McCaw is in New Zealand and by his team mates. He's the leader of the most famous product to come out of New Zealand who'll most likely be knighted sooner rather than later.

The booing was OTT, but it's not surprising. Cooper picked the wrong bloke to have pot shots at just months out from a World Cup in Richie's homeland.
Ah, that puts a little more light to it thanks.

Mine was more an outsiders view. If you'd had no idea how the reaction came to be as an outsider you'd think he did something way over the top. I Don't so much thing there was much of a problem with the crowds reaction either, it never seemed abusing, just a home crowd. We all get sucked into it.

IRB are ****ing idiots.

They basically let the English cheat, then they slap one of the Islanders with a huge fine for wearing the wrong mouth guard, and now they're going to fine the French for doing something which complements their game, not detracts from it?

Absolute clowns.

:thumbsu: The IRB is a joke and is ruining the sport of rugby.

To be fair, I think they were fined for walking over that line at the end but let it go. Even the New Zealanders said there was nothing in it - but no, the IRB have to go all high and mighty. Fools.

Ah, that puts a little more light to it thanks.

Mine was more an outsiders view. If you'd had no idea how the reaction came to be as an outsider you'd think he did something way over the top. I Don't so much thing there was much of a problem with the crowds reaction either, it never seemed abusing, just a home crowd. We all get sucked into it.

Fair enough mate. Good to see you on the this board too. :thumbsu:

:thumbsu: The IRB is a joke and is ruining the sport of rugby.

To be fair, I think they were fined for walking over that line at the end but let it go. Even the New Zealanders said there was nothing in it - but no, the IRB have to go all high and mighty. Fools.

I absolutely loved the French reply. They accepted the challenge and it set the tone for the game. Bunch of stupid old farts running the game. Always have been.

I absolutely loved the French reply. They accepted the challenge and it set the tone for the game. Bunch of stupid old farts running the game. Always have been.
I thought it was a great reply too. As a neutral watching, I thought it added a lot to the build up.

I understand the won't cross the centre line rule, and why it's there, but there was no malace what the French team did. Just let it go.

The pub I was in for the game was packed with kiwis and everyone cheered loudly when the camera first showed the french in their V and then when they started walking forward. It added to the theatre of the event and was great for the game. As long as teams don't disrupt the haka it should be fine.

Anyway, the French won't care. Money well spent I'd say. I'd love to see the Wallabies do something similar in a decisive bledisloe cup match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back