Delisted Ryan Bastinac (2015-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course, although its hardly a glowing endorsement for Blacky.
Well, actually, the grammar is fine, he just doesn't use punctuation and has made a couple of minor spelling errors. The fact that he sent it is his glowing endorsement.

The clash pits North Melbourne against traded midfielder Ryan Bastinac for the first time. Scott agreed with Bastinac’s assertion that he was pushed out of his preferred role after 121 games at Arden St.

“I think Ryan made it pretty clear he was pushed out of the role he plays best, not pushed out of North Melbourne,” Scott said. “He’s right, he sees himself playing his best footy as an inside midfielder and he really struggled for game time in that position for us. “He saw greater opportunity and we saw an opportunity to get a first-round draft pick back [that] we gave up for Jed Anderson. Like all trades you hope they’re win-win.”

2c8b6b9a835f1a0ab7f5bb68423175ce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking good for you blokes, hapy to see him do well. He is a good bloke is Basti.

Think he'll strive up there now that he is being given more inside time! Was always really damaging inside forward 50 too!
Has taken a few weeks to adjust to the game plan so hopefully last week's form continues on. Really like his creative handballs that open the game up.

Has taken a few weeks to adjust to the game plan so hopefully last week's form continues on. Really like his creative handballs that open the game up.
can shank his disposal here and then but hopefully continues to improve and get involved in our gameplan, could be a good solid contributor

His hands in tight are elite. He showed that at North in his early days when he played alongside ziebell and swallow in the middle.

We didn't see much of his good side in the past few years trying to play him as an outside link player. Just didn't suit his strength whatsoever.

From what I've heard he is really loving the group and being up there so I'm sure you'll see the best of him over the next couple of years.

can shank his disposal here and then but hopefully continues to improve and get involved in our gameplan, could be a good solid contributor
What I wasn't expecting is that he is great at finding a target inside 50 by foot. I've seen him pinpoint a pass under pressure a few times this season and I didn't know he had that ability.

What I wasn't expecting is that he is great at finding a target inside 50 by foot. I've seen him pinpoint a pass under pressure a few times this season and I didn't know he had that ability.

That pass to Taylor in the third quarter was absolutely perfect. Set up a goal from a tight situation.

Having Basti as an inside workhorse really suits our team needs. Between him Robbo and Rich we have some good inside ball winners, with the likes of Hanley, Beams, Rocky on the outside and able to rotate in. Basti just doesn't have the tools to be a link up player. But Rocky and Beams can be very very good in a link up role. Basti gives us the luxury of being able to play these guys outside, so his worth to the team is more than just what he personally brings to the table.

While he hasn't been racking up huge numbers each week I think Bastinac uses the footy better on a much more consistent basis then our other mids whether it's handballing out of the pack to a teammate in a better position or finding a target down the field. Expecting a top 5 B & F finish which would be a great result from him at a new club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back