Traded Ryan Burton [traded with #15, #35 and future 4th for Wingard and future 3rd]

The fact that Hawthorn were keen to move in Burton makes me wonder if they know something we dont.

They weren't 'keen to move on Burton'. They were keen to bring in Wingard and were pragmatic enough to realise that the only way of getting him was to move on Burton. Your attempt at re-writing history to service your anti-Port agenda hasn't worked, go back to the drawing board and try again.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Certainly seems like it was a monumental stuff up by Port/Kochie, but it worked out pretty well in the end all things considered. Burton will play 250 games and two early picks is kind of what they said they were chasing in the first place.

From our point of view I still can't believe Wingard is on our list. I was also shocked when I read he is still 25. We need an X factor goal kicker and we got one of the best. He had elite numbers for that ~8 week stretch where he played in the middle this year too.

Hawks fans seem to be more delighted with this trade right now but I think once the dust settles, Port fans will warm to it just as much.

I don't think Port are too concerned with the outcome of the trade. I see it as more concern for the circumstances that caused a player like Wingard to request a trade.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I personally believe the Hawks over paid big time,Just looking at the players selected around these picks
Collier-Dawkins , Bytel , Burton for Wingard looks very steep to me

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
I personally believe the Hawks over paid big time,Just looking at the players selected around these picks

Too early to call. The above players may achieve nothing, they may be the best in the league

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Too early to call. The above players may achieve nothing, they may be the best in the league
I think the same could be said for Wingard aswell , He has been extremely disappointing last couple of years and may never become the player he promised to become.

Just a comparison of a player we traded for 2 years ago in Josh Caddy which cost us a late mid 2nd rounder with an upgrade of our 3rd rounder so roughly pick #32

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=3644&pid2=3453&fid1=C&fid2=C

Just seems like alot to give up for a player like Wingard

I like how you just picked the guy your club drafted as the example rather than the guy taken at the actual pick. If you were going to cheat you could've at least picked Stocker who has shown miles more than Collier-Dawkins as a junior.

I think the same could be said for Wingard aswell , He has been extremely disappointing last couple of years and may never become the player he promised to become.

Just a comparison of a player we traded for 2 years ago in Josh Caddy which cost us a late mid 2nd rounder with an upgrade of our 3rd rounder so roughly pick #32

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=15&type=A&pid1=3644&pid2=3453&fid1=C&fid2=C

Does Caddy have two AA's and a best and fairest to his name like Wingard does?

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
They weren't 'keen to move on Burton'. They were keen to bring in Wingard and were pragmatic enough to realise that the only way of getting him was to move on Burton. Your attempt at re-writing history to service your anti-Port agenda hasn't worked, go back to the drawing board and try again.
Derp.
My point is why would they give him up after he has shown good promise and just re-signed? They offered him up to Port straight away. You are re-writing history if you are trying to say they were desperate to keep him.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I like how you just picked the guy your club drafted as the example rather than the guy taken at the actual pick. If you were going to cheat you could've at least picked Stocker who has shown miles more than Collier-Dawkins as a junior.

Does Caddy have two AA's and a best and fairest to his name like Wingard does?

Ok lets start with the first part of your response , I specifically selected the player Richmond took because he is from my team and would have been an easy out to select another player like Stocker who already has enough posts about him and could have selected the player which Port actually did select with that pick - But that would have made you come back with a very different response im thinking also #20 was RCD selection so even later than that pick.

I also selected Jack Bytel (which isnt from my team so hope that makes you feel better) and is also injured and probably out for the year so i think i have selected very reasonable players.

Caddy doesnt Have 2 x AA but does have a premiership medal , But looking at Wingards numbers compared to Caddy not sure if that really makes up the difference.

Ok so let me ask you this question, Would you give up Duursman,Burton and what ever the trade was for #35 for Chad if you could ?
I personally think you guys got a great deal for a player that really is not that consistent and has not lived up to his junior potential

Ok so let me ask you this question, Would you give up Duursman,Burton and what ever the trade was for #35 for Chad if you could ?

I'd 100% keep Chad every day of the week.

The only way I can justify this trade is if the rumours regarding Wingard wanting out through free agency next year anyway were true, in which case the package we got for him now is better than the compo pick we would've gotten for him next year. But I'd take Chad back in a second if I could.

You're severely underrating him, a guy like Caddy isn't fit to carry his bags. Caddy won't achieve the individual awards in his whole career that Chad had already achieved by the age of 22.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I'd 100% keep Chad every day of the week.

The only way I can justify this trade is if the rumours regarding Wingard wanting out through free agency next year anyway were true, in which case the package we got for him now is better than the compo pick we would've gotten for him next year. But I'd take Chad back in a second if I could.

You're severely underrating him, a guy like Caddy isn't fit to carry his bags. Caddy won't achieve the individual awards in his whole career that Chad had already achieved by the age of 22.

Maybe you are over rating Wingard , If you look at their career output there is barely a bee's dick in it and the last year Caddy is a better player easily

Maybe you are over rating Wingard , If you look at their career output there is barely a bee's dick in it and the last year Caddy is a better player easily

If you look at stats alone Dale Thomas had a better year than Trent Cotchin. Let's just say there's a reason nobody's offering #15 and Burton for Josh Caddy.

Maybe thats because Caddy is happy playing in a team that won a flag

Ah okay. Toby Thurstans > Matthew Richardson then.

Richmond supporters of all people using the 'bUt He PlAyEd In A pReMiErShIp' argument is hilarious.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Ah okay. Toby Thurstans > Matthew Richardson then.

Richmond supporters of all people using the 'bUt He PlAyEd In A pReMiErShIp' argument is hilarious.
You clearly didnt understand my comment , Ill simplify it

Thats because Caddy is happy playing in a premiership winning team , Meaning its pointless he wont leave

Wingard - Wanted to leave even though contracted

You clearly didnt understand my comment , Ill simplify it

Thats because Caddy is happy playing in a premiership winning team , Meaning its pointless he wont leave

Wingard - Wanted to leave even though contracted

So you're just mindlessly trolling about something with no relevance to the argument then? Okay, noted.

Start a Josh Caddy thread if you want to talk about how great he and Richmond are. This one has nothing to do with him or your club.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers

Not really the same thing, the person you replied to said those players may achieve nothing. They are yet to play AFL games and could be total busts, the same can't be said for Wingard because we already know he has what it takes to play at this level.

He averaged 20 touches and a goal a game in 2018, not many players in the AFL managed that last year and that is a 'disappointing year' which goes to show why he costed so much. If he plays at the level he did in 2018 for the rest of his career we still have a good solid player, if we can get him to reach his potential we have an absolute superstar who will be one of the best players in the game.

Back