Traded Ryan Burton [traded with #15, #35 and future 4th for Wingard and future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

could be a win win win for all involved.
Port did they best they could in the trade, burton mayes and Durrsma (or how ever you spell it) isnt so bad. love the chad tho!!
Chad was stagnating at Port and we couldnt get his work ethics up. this might be the kick up the arse he needs. win for chad.
and hawks get a genuine superstar if they can turn him around. win

haws got the best end of the deal but i think port maximised the best they could. sad to see him go tho thats for sure!!
Yeah agree with this and good post.

Chad seems a unique personality. I just think given the talent hes a guy you try manage and keep as happy and as motivated as possible. Sometimes it's easier said than done.

It's up to Hawthorn to try and channel his talent into the top 10 player he can be.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jack Higgins 1st year player picked up with pick #17 had just as good a year as wingard did averaging just 4 touches less but same goals and better DE playing foward .

I tell you what, that ought to be one of the worst football-related calls I have ever read

I reckon Burton is equivalent to a top 10 pick, smooth mover.
Would depend on the draft, but highly unlikely in majority of them.

After 2017 perhaps we’d have gotten that currency, but not after 2018.

Nah, I'm much happier with the proven ability of Burton than I would be taking a punt on someone like Taryn Thomas or Chayce Jones. Draft picks being well and truly overrated by both sides in this thread.

Nah, I'm much happier with the proven ability of Burton than I would be taking a punt on someone like Taryn Thomas or Chayce Jones. Draft picks being well and truly overrated by both sides in this thread.
General rule of Bigfooty.

Agreed. I'd rather Burton than a 2019 1st from Hawthorn if I was Port.

As a Hawk fan I'm happy to have it that way to, as the pick is more tradeable next year than Burton, as Burton has to agree to a trade which makes things harder.

The opportunity was there for him to get home to his boyhood club so it was ideal for all involved now and in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Many underrate how hard it is to bring junior footy performance into AFL.

I've never like it when fans turns on players their clubs let go, especially when the parting is amicable.

So with that in mind I wish Ryan Burton all the best at Port Adelaide and will always be grateful for the handful of above-average games he gave us. There's no doubt in mind he's a nice little player who may someday rise to the heights of AA flanker. Thank you for two solid years of footy Ryan, I'll always look back with fondness on your 'accidental' bump on Shaun Higgins! :)

I've never like it when fans turns on players their clubs let go, especially when the parting is amicable.

So with that in mind I wish Ryan Burton all the best at Port Adelaide and will always be grateful for the handful of above-average games he gave us. There's no doubt in mind he's a nice little player who may someday rise to the heights of AA flanker. Thank you for two solid years of footy Ryan, I'll always look back with fondness on your 'accidental' bump on Shaun Higgins! :)
I was keen on Richmond drafting Burton at the time, but as more of a Jack Darling type forward.

It’s been interesting how Clarkson has developed him, and I wonder if a change of clubs may also see him revisit the position he played as a junior.

I was keen on Richmond drafting Burton at the time, but as more of a Jack Darling type forward.

It’s been interesting how Clarkson has developed him, and I wonder if a change of clubs may also see him revisit the position he played as a junior.

The safer option was to utilise his skills down back without him needing to turn on his leg....3 pre- seasons in the gym will also help to develop his body strength enough, were Port to decide to use him as a 3rd tall forward option.

He has beautiful foot skills & a good football brain.

Sad to see him go, but you have to give something back to get quality in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside word is that Wingard has a poor attitude. Be interesting to see if Clarko can beat it out of him.

Inside word is that Wingard has a poor attitude. Be interesting to see if Clarko can beat it out of him.
From all reports Wingerz is not letting the critics down. Not busting his gut at training, and supporters already looking for excuses about why he’s not training with sufficient intensity.

From all reports Wingerz is not letting the critics down. Not busting his gut at training, and supporters already looking for excuses about why he’s not training with sufficient intensity.
Are you basing that off one guys training report for the Hawks board? :drunk:

No, he had his critics before Hawthorn had to pick him up. Poor attitude at Port, now bringing it to Hawthorn it would seem.
Yes i am aware he had his critics, i'm asking what you are basing it off in his time at the Hawks? He seems to have impressed most since coming to the club from what i have heard.

Very comprehensive reply. Stick in your head in the sand.

It's common knowledge to people with connections to football in South Australia.
Ian, Port posters have been saying he’s got a bad attitude ever since he said he was open to a move.

“Inside word”.....congrats on reading bigfooty.

From all reports? Did you miss the ones saying that Hawks supporters should be very excited about Wingard and how good he was training?

Chad = Awesome. Out manouvers and out smarts all challengers. Kicks goals without thinking about it. Took a great contested mark from behind a big pack. Be excited. Be very, very excited.

He looked fantastic when I was there last week too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back