Player Watch Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko ruthlessly moved on Burton to get an elite player. Port ruthlessly moved on an elite player to get a good flanker and a draft pick in the teens. There's a difference.

We could've delisted Robbie Gray when we found out about his cancer scare. That would've been ruthless. It would've also been ****ing stupid. Ruthlessness in and of itself isn't necessarily a good thing unless it's combined with intelligence and good decision making.

I think you undersell Burton. Plus we moved up from 6 to 5. If that is worth nothing then please tell the saints.

Is it too much to ask to keep this thread about Burton?

42645373_759220557772025_6325150500541724313_n.jpg

Here’s a thought. Didn’t want to leave this year. Wanted to continue his lack of application in 2019 and then leave under his and Clarko’s own timeline next year when Port had less bargaining chips. Anyway this boring circle jerk belongs in the posturing thread. Believe what you want to. We all have differing opinions. I like Chad but him leaving isn’t the end of the world. Clubs have to do what they have to do. Clarko moved on Burton who didn’t want to leave without a second thought. Clarko is ruthless. Look at what he has achieved with the Hawks.

Probably expected a full year in the middle in 2019 at port and could have hoped to bump the next contract by 15-25%. Saw how Polly did it and thought it was a good idea.

Burton...flying...picture contains Crows players. Do you see where I'm going with this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so hinkley confirmed burton for half back next year.
I knew it was foolish to hope for a wing/forward position for him.
I watched a replay of his game against Port in Tassie round 11. He intercepted a few of Ports thrusts into the forward line playing half back.
Give it time, I think he might end up playing center or wing.

so hinkley confirmed burton for half back next year.
I knew it was foolish to hope for a wing/forward position for him.
IMO, this is dumb. We have a stable and well performing back 7 (DBJ, Howard, Clurey, Jonas, Houston, Hartlett, Bonner) with Lienert and Broadbent as back up. This is not an area we need to strengthen.

The midfield lost Wingard and Polec and even with them, underperformed at times. The forwards were our main problem.

Surely you put our most talented, ready to play, versatile recruit in the area of greatest need. It is dumb to put him in the area of least need.

IMO, this is dumb. We have a stable and well performing back 7 (DBJ, Howard, Clurey, Jonas, Houston, Hartlett, Bonner) with Lienert and Broadbent as back up. This is not an area we need to strengthen.

The midfield lost Wingard and Polec and even with them, underperformed at times. The forwards were our main problem.

Surely you put our most talented, ready to play, versatile recruit in the area of greatest need. It is dumb to put him in the area of least need.

Our defenders were our main problem. Too slow to make decisions, to slow with moving the ball out of defence.

We certainly need better defenders who can actively intercept and run and carry. That's why our most talented, ready to play, versatile recruit is being put in the area of greatest need. Put Watts and Westhoff on the wings - it will encourage movement through the corridor.

Thinking optimistically, if the likes of Burton, Lienert and Broadbent go back it allows Howard, Houston and maybe DBJ to swing forward of centre and Bonner and Hartlett to pinch hit on a wing. We've got a fair bit of flexibility during games. Just depends if Ken wants to use it.

Thinking optimistically, if the likes of Burton, Lienert and Broadbent go back it allows Howard, Houston and maybe DBJ to swing forward of centre and Bonner and Hartlett to pinch hit on a wing. We've got a fair bit of flexibility during games. Just depends if Ken wants to use it.

I feel pretty comfortable with Schoey knowing who to pick on a wing/HFF and how to get the best out of them.

It's funny people melting over "selections" in December!!:huh:

Can't wait for Thursday night of week one of the 2019 season!
Yeah the funny thing about BF posters is they are constantly poised to be outraged by anything and everything rour club does. And I agree, it’s a tad early to be upset about thurs night selections lel.

Yeah the funny thing about BF posters is they are constantly poised to be outraged by anything and everything rour club does. And I agree, it’s a tad early to be upset about thurs night selections lel.

How dare you tell us when we can and can’t melt! If We want to complain about a player who has played off back for the last two years playing off half back in a training session in Noosa, then so help me god We’re going to complain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back