Player Watch Ryan Burton

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Burton has slot beautifully into our team. Has instantly become one of our best defenders. Composed. Great decision making and disposal. Everything we were promised

Duursma is showing us already he will be a 200+ gamer with elite fitness, work ethic and elite goal celebrations

Wingard is getting berated by new his teammates for being lazy and selfish

1557469290710.png

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The way Walker has been moving the last 12-18 months, Burton is the perfect match-up and should run off him at every opportunity.
This.
Destroyed him when he was with us. His performance that night in 17 was unbelievable. Still can't believe McGrath rolled him that year for the Rising Star.

Oh and pls tell me Chad will come good.
TD.

This.
Destroyed him when he was with us. His performance that night in 17 was unbelievable. Still can't believe McGrath rolled him that year for the Rising Star.

TD.

It depends on whether the Hawks are in contention to make finals or not.

If you're in the mix, then yeah, he'll come good. He loves to take centre stage. He feeds of the energy of the crowd and the team playing attacking football.

If you're not...he'll try and force things to happen that aren't there, then sulk when it doesn't come off. Which is what happened in his last couple of years.

Wingard is a product of how the rest of your team is travelling. It doesn't surprise me that Roughead would take issue with him - Robbie Gray was the same, and I'd consider both of them to be very professional in their approach to football. Chad isn't exactly the most dedicated player when it comes to his preparation.

Trading for Wingard might be Clarkson's Waterloo.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This.

TD.
Chad is choc-full of talent, but Clarkson has some heavy work on his hands. Port couldnt do it, and so gave up on the end. Will be very interesting to see if Clarkson can succeed! I really hope he does come good, I hate to see talent wasted, even if he is with the oppo!

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This.

TD.

dunno if he will ever get back to his AA form from his early years. Been a long time since he has been playing like that. But i think he was averaging 20 disposals and 1 or 2 goals a game in the 2nd half of last year for us. Definitely not the stats of a bad player. He is a very solid player with great skills.

People (me included) thought he would go back to that AA form with a new club. Seems like what he has been for the past 4 years is what he will remain.

dunno if he will ever get back to his AA form from his early years. Been a long time since he has been playing like that. But i think he was averaging 20 disposals and 1 or 2 goals a game in the 2nd half of last year for us. Definitely not the stats of a bad player. He is a very solid player with great skills.

People (me included) thought he would go back to that AA form with a new club. Seems like what he has been for the past 4 years is what he will remain.

Nah. The form he's in for Hawthorn right now isn't 'what he's been like for the past 4 years'. It's much worse.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting bit from article ..

The Power could welcome back vice-captain Hamish Hartlett for his first game since round five last year.
Hartlett – who attended the same Adelaide school as Burton – tore his ACL in training before a hamstring issue delayed his return this season.
"I grew up a Sacred Heart boy like him, grew up watching him down at Sacred Heart as captain there," Burton said.
"I grew up watching him play for Port Adelaide, barracking for him.
"Now, hopefully I get to run out alongside him, either this week or coming weeks, which will be very exciting."

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Always looked right at home at this level from day one in the AFL with Hawthorn, but what has impressed me that I wasn't aware of before seeing him in a Port guernsey was just how quick he is.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
This guy is a freaking star.

He is almost as good as Dan Houston I reckon and could easily end up even better.

I really hope he plays up forward or on the wing before the end of the year.

He's as good as Dan with an added bit of athleticism.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
I heard about the North Adelaide "1 goal in mind" grand final. But had no idea that Burton's dad was the goal kicker.

Norths should get Craig to emulate our 'kick the first goal' ritual at this week's SANFL game - strictly a one-off mind you.

Back