Universal Love Ryan Extends

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I can see feathers get ruffled easily. And let's be clear, he wasn't "having a drink with his family"
He had drinks with his and Brennan Cox's family, where were you when Brennan received his extension? He also got suspended but I didn't see you worrying? I think you are reading too much into the predraft talk of Ryan and that is making you form a biased opinion.

His draft video was crazy good and we were lucky that he had some issues away from footy. Otherwise we wouldn't have got him with a late pick.

He had one small hiccup but other than that he's probably the best player we've drafted since Neale. These guys are so young of course they're going to make the odd mistake.

Finishing so high in the 2km proves he's kept himself in great shape over the off season and has an appetite for hard work.

A fitter and stronger Ryan gets me very excited.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's in AA talks after this season.

Fantastic news. Can’t remember when I was more enamoured with a player after just a handful of games. Made an enormous impact when he came in; both with the ball but even more surprisingly as a brave and wily intercept defender. He almost set a league record for intercept marks in about his second or third game.

Him and Wilson together has got me really excited. Expecting it to change our whole game plan (or at least the way it is executed).

Yeah, I can see feathers get ruffled easily. And let's be clear, he wasn't "having a drink with his family"

I don't think a first year player should be missing games due to failing to meet off field standards, I don't think 11 games is a big enough body of work to earn more years, I want players to be committed and professional, especially as they establish themselves.

I've said my piece. Hope he flourishes into a very good player.

Not the place for this, Pav. He stuffed up, he got disciplined for it, we move on.

His draft video was crazy good and we were lucky that he had some issues away from footy. Otherwise we wouldn't have got him with a late pick.

He had one small hiccup but other than that he's probably the best player we've drafted since Neale. These guys are so young of course they're going to make the odd mistake.

Finishing so high in the 2km proves he's kept himself in great shape over the off season and has an appetite for hard work.

A fitter and stronger Ryan gets me very excited.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's in AA talks after this season.

It's still insane we got him for 66, was reading this article from just before the draft earlier and they had him going potentially in the 2nd round :eek:

He’s everything an AFL club wants in a modern-day defender: A great interceptor and overhead mark, a good ball-distributor, great decision-maker and, of course, a strong ability to defend. He could go as early as the second round.

Love this kid.

Future looks bright :cool:

P943Fi4.jpg

The bloke is obviously a solid platinum diamond encrusted p1sshead...

BUT
geez he can't half play :p

Rapt to have him locked away for an extended period. Gun intercept mark, elite kick and made it the AFL the hard way. With Ryan and Wilson distributing the ball out of the back half I'd feel a lot better if I was playing up the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)