Ryan Ferguson

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yet another US case of wrongful conviction, I'd like to be able to say that in this one "at least all turned out for the best", and while it did in that he was released after 10 years of incorrect incarceration, the people who convicted him are now in higher power than they were (prosecutor is now a judge for eg) and this kid has had his life stalled.

Absolutely amazing documentary called "dream/killer" about the case on FOX, it's as much about the father's attempts to free him as it is the son's innocence. I will openly admit I cried in parts as a father myself, for what he went through, for his struggles to prove his son's innocence and for his unbending determination in freeing his son. Ryan is a lucky, lucky man have him as his father. Any good father out there who watches this and listens to Ryan's father talk about what he has done for his son will feel the same.

An amazing, amazing case.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Thanks Duritz. I've read some reviews and the plot, I'll watch it later on today.

Imagine if he was sentenced to death. He was inside for 10 years, there's a fair chance he would have been executed in that 10 years. It's for this reason that I'm against the death penalty. One mistake is one too many.

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Thanks from me also. I'd watched the case via YouTube in the past and glad to see justice.

As for the death penalty, I think people would be less inclined to lie in evidence when the accused's life or death is on the line, but maybe I'm an optimist.

EDIT: It seems Erickson actually did it, which I also had doubts about.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks from me also. I'd watched the case via YouTube in the past and glad to see justice.

As for the death penalty, I think people would be less inclined to lie in evidence when the accused's life or death is on the line, but maybe I'm an optimist.

EDIT: It seems Erickson actually did it, which I also had doubts about.

Did he? Is there an update on this?

Back