Opinion Ryan Gardner and Timm House

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't seen that anywhere,I know he was into athletics,but i think he would have played some footy at Joey's and then went to the Falcons.

Correct but by his own admission he focused more time on athletics than footy til his draft year so he is still pretty raw was my point.

Correct but by his own admission he focused more time on athletics than footy til his draft year so he is still pretty raw was my point.
I missed that but except that it's correct,on the subject of House and Gardiner my only conclusion is they are to thick to understand or implement Scotts game plan,Crameri did say he was struggling with it in an interview when they came back after Xmas and hoped the old see ball get ball would see him in the side.

Last edited:
Not necessarily so. They might just be not good enough. Henry, Kolo, ZGuthrie are all getting games. They are not fearful of playing kids. Simpson, MOC, Sav, Cunico, Fogarty...
And it is only rd 4.They may have a LT plan.
I actually emailed Wells about a player I rated as a KB for this year's draft, and he firstly replied which was great, and informed that they felt they had an abundance of KB's
I'll take a 198cm FB who has been in our system for more than 2 years to play on guys like Roughead over Henry, Z.Guthrie etc. every day of the week.

I'll take a 198cm FB who has been in our system for more than 2 years to play on guys like Roughead over Henry, Z.Guthrie etc. every day of the week.
Had we not lost Sav pre game v Hawks, it would have been Blicavs.
Blic is our future in defence.

You might be correct.
I have not seen RG.
Seen him VFL ..... you can see the talent there.. big unit... work to be done.. and I reckon if you've seen talent in Parsons.. you'll see the talent in Gardner.

Go Catters

You might be correct.
I have not seen RG.
Having said that, I'd rather see Blicavs at FB than an undersized kid; I just thought Gardner was being groomed for that position.

We had 4 defenders over 190cm playing on Sunday. Thought that'd be enough for any team.
Our defence is doing ok anyway.
If Gardner or House aren't getting games it's because there not seen as ahead of others yet. s**t happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like to see House play Seniors l think 28 and 8 deserves a call up, Henry can play flank or pocket, 3rd up.
Blicavs at CHB provides height and a ton of run.

We had 4 defenders over 190cm playing on Sunday. Thought that'd be enough for any team.
Our defence is doing ok anyway.
If Gardner or House aren't getting games it's because there not seen as ahead of others yet. s**t happens.
Westhoff 200cm
Dixon 200cm
Watts 196cm
Does that say anything? Blitz is our biggest at 198cm approximately. Plus House is 194cm 95 kg with a bit of frame and bulk not like Zuthrie or Henry.
House been playing good football plus he had some good games last year so he deserves a chance.

Like to see House play Seniors l think 28 and 8 deserves a call up, Henry can play flank or pocket, 3rd up.
Blicavs at CHB provides height and a ton of run.
Who comes out for House?

Westhoff 200cm
Dixon 200cm
Watts 196cm
Does that say anything? Blitz is our biggest at 198cm approximately. Plus House is 194cm 95 kg with a bit of frame and bulk not like Zuthrie or Henry.
House been playing good football plus he had some good games last year so he deserves a chance.
Wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance too. Didn't see the game but a bunch of marks in the wet seems pretty good.
But....I don't know anything about his defensive work (does anyone?) and Stewart played the intercept role perfectly yesterday.
Westhoff plays loose back most the time, Dixon rucks a fair bit and Watts is more mobile not really a power full forward.
If it was up to me I'd put Blitz on Watts, bring in Gardner to play on Dixon/Westhoff, Kolo on Marshall
and try to free up Stewart.
Henry on Wingard, Bews on Gray/Boak.
Prob in:Gardner out:Zuth.

Wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance too. Didn't see the game but a bunch of marks in the wet seems pretty good.
But....I don't know anything about his defensive work (does anyone?) and Stewart played the intercept role perfectly yesterday.
Westhoff plays loose back most the time, Dixon rucks a fair bit and Watts is more mobile not really a power full forward.
If it was up to me I'd put Blitz on Watts, bring in Gardner to play on Dixon/Westhoff, Kolo on Marshall
and try to free up Stewart.
Henry on Wingard, Bews on Gray/Boak.
Prob in:Gardner out:Zuth.
By all reports he defensive game was all good. He spoilled alot of marks.

Oh yeah sweet. I've never seen him play defence but only hear about the marking makes it sound like he's a spare or something.
But yeah if he's solid one on one and sticky hands why not.
All good Spazz. Plus his 194cm and at 95kg so his at a not to bad of size..

Westhoff 200cm
Dixon 200cm
Watts 196cm
You forgot Marshall too in their team, he's 196-198 as well, key forward of the future...

You forgot Marshall too in their team, he's 196-198 as well, key forward of the future...
Ok so looks at who played on the weekend
Kolo 193cm
Stewart 190cm
Blitz 198
Bews 186cm
Henry 191cm
Zuthrie 187 cm
Tuohy 187 cm

Looks a bit small for my liking lol
I'm my eye Zuthrie needs a spell in the 2s. I just think he needs to find a bit of form and House to come in 194cm

Blitz on Dixon
Stewart on Watts
House on Westhoff
Kolo on Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back