Ryan Griffen

Remove this Banner Ad

Deal was subject to a confidentiality clause but here's the exact figures.

Caro was sinking the boots in at that point and gws fans eat it up because ignorance is bliss and they need to make their failure seem not so bad

If you believe rumours will be part of the Devon Smith, Kennedy trade and will be offloaded as a salary dump to Carlton..

He hasnt played much but what is the go with his injury, i read a serious ankle injury but they generally recover fairly well with intensive rehab so what can Carlton expect from him, will he just be tucked away in the VFL like Palmer was this year or will he slot in and any chance to return to close to his best?
Club has said Griffen is expected to play out his contract. I dint think there's ever been any substance to this rumour. He didn't play this year because of injury. He's not the most popular player amongst supporters but he does play a defensive role mostly.
Leon's support has never wavered and he's taken shots at his critics.
Kennedy and Smith may well end up at Carlton, I dont know. Griffen will be no part of it IMO.

Do you understand the reason why Griffin would be coming to Carlton?

Here's a clue: we're not interested in Ryan at all as a player or a coach.

He's only got one more year on his contract. Wouldn't be a signifant salary dump to make it attractive to offload all three of them on the cheap.

What's that got to do with Griffen?

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griffen came to us on a 4 year deal, Dogs paid 1mil of his contract, it was heavily front loaded because of this, they even paid 100k of his wages for this year. Griffen would not be a salary dump.

A club can only give salary cap relief for seasons where the traded player is contracted, Griffen's Bulldogs contract was expiring in 2015 so we'd be helping you guys break the salary cap by picking up any amount of cash for years where his contract would have expired with us.

A club can only give salary cap relief for seasons where the traded player is contracted, Griffen's Bulldogs contract was expiring in 2015 so we'd be helping you guys break the salary cap by picking up any amount of cash for years where his contract would have expired with us.

Do you have anything to back this up. Collingwod paid Heath Shaw 70k pa for years after he left them.

Do you have anything to back this up. Collingwod paid Heath Shaw 70k pa for years after he left them.

I remember at the time someone tracked down the actual ruling online. The media were all over the place regarding both his and Boyd's contract at the time.

Gws would have frontloaded griffen anyway (they had more cap space in 2014 than now) and he will probably retire in 12 months so i doubt his salary is huge in 2018 to dump anyway. Just wishful carlton thinking.

Who started the Griffen rumour. It is flat out rubbish.

Oh now I understand.

Much like your pathetic effort earlier this year in the Harry McKay thread, you're just having another whinge that GWS players are being discussed.

That it incenses you so much that you feel compelled to lie and make up complete garbage, it's probably time to take a break from this board. You're just embarrassing yourself otherwise.

Trolling for bites now?

Now?

Devastating watching Palmer at Preston this year .
Guess we just got lucky snaring Marchbank and Pickett for a song ...
I actually thought Palmer would go ok at the blues, bit sad it hasn't worked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back