Ryan Nyhuis tackle on Robbie Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you expect from Port - they did the same thing when Nic Nat was up on report earlier in the year when he got a week. Ports medical team are inclined to exaggerate the situation a bit! Think Nyhuis definitely deserved 2 weeks but perhaps 3 was too many.

Wow that’s massive form.

And west coast stitched up Gray in the preseason and Jonas for giving Gaff a love tap.

West Ciast have massive form of stitching opposition players up.

This is a fun game everyone can play.

Because there was more than one outcome, you do understand that, yeah?

Nyhus was extremely remorseful, excepted the charges and pleaded guilty. 3 weeks was over the top, especially considering he pleaded guilty!

So why did his advocate ask for three?

3 weeks is a complete joke!

The AFL aka VFL never ceases to amaze me with how amateur it is managed and run.

DiS8SVgV4AEfypS.jpg

Freo footy club should have come out guns a blazing and backed their man instead of bending over like they do for the AFL/MRP every time something stupid happens.

Aww Bless Him

Lets hope sexy robbie can play this week after that car crash of a collision

Poor little mite was getting absolutely toweld up by an unknown until then

Pity Kinkley didn't mention that when he was addressing the MRP post match.

Today show as pres and a give up whiner* as coach

* who is taking you nowhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They agreed, they didnt ask!

I thought it was reported that the AFL and the young blokes advocate both asked for three?

That was AFL360 tonight anyway. If you read back through the thread I initially thought it was 2 down to 1.

2 would have been about right and 3 seemed a bit much to me until I saw a different angle last night which I hadn’t seen on Sunday. I do get Freo supporters being pissed off. There are different rules for different clubs and different rules for different players. We have been on the receiving end often enough to know that.

I thought it was reported that the AFL and the young blokes advocate both asked for three?

That was AFL360 tonight anyway. If you read back through the thread I initially thought it was 2 down to 1.

2 would have been about right and 3 seemed a bit much to me until I saw a different angle last night which I hadn’t seen on Sunday. I do get Freo supporters being pissed off. There are different rules for different clubs and different rules for different players. We have been on the receiving end often enough to know that.

For the record IMO you have been very reasonable throughout Eddie :thumbsu:

Because there was more than one outcome, you do understand that, yeah?

Nyhus was extremely remorseful, excepted the charges and pleaded guilty. 3 weeks was over the top, especially considering he pleaded guilty!
Didn’t have much choice but to plead guilty. Bloody dangerous execution of a tackle. 3 weeks is correct outcome.

"Nyhuis' representatives tell the Tribunal that they agree that a three-match sanction is fair." From the AFL website.

It's not just about the 3 weeks, it's the whole process, it's a mess!

Lets hope sexy robbie can play this week after that car crash of a collision

Poor little mite was getting absolutely toweld up by an unknown until then

Pity Kinkley didn't mention that when he was addressing the MRP post match.

Today show as pres and a give up whiner* as coach

* who is taking you nowhere
How’s the rebuild going champ under Ross the boss?

3 weeks is a complete joke!

The AFL aka VFL never ceases to amaze me with how amateur it is managed and run.

DiS8SVgV4AEfypS.jpg

Freo footy club should have come out guns a blazing and backed their man instead of bending over like they do for the AFL/MRP every time something stupid happens.

Cry a river, he completely deserved it.

Sling tackle, knocked out Robbie for the game = 1 week

Robbie will miss this week with concussions = an extra week

and 1 week for the actual act.

Completely fine, move on.

Cry a river, he completely deserved it.

Sling tackle, knocked out Robbie for the game = 1 week

Robbie will miss this week with concussions = an extra week

and 1 week for the actual act.

Completely fine, move on.
proxy.php

The argument though is whether it was a sling tackle. There was a lot said in the media and even by Gleeson at the Tribunal that wasn't actually true. They first said both arms were pinned. Then later it was just the one. And then you look at the picture (above) taken just before contact with the ground and neither arm was pinned before the impact.

Secondly it was alleged he threw him head first into the ground. Also not true, as you can see from the picture his arm and body hit the ground first. Thirdly in that picture you can see Gray's legs up in the air well above the rest of his body. Given Nyhuis has one arm on the ground and another around his torso how did he get the leverage to make that happen? What you will find is that Gray flicked both his legs up off the ground to try and back heel the ball and in doing so caused himself to tilt forward exposing his head. And also for whatever reason grabbed on to Nyhuis arm with his right hand so he didn't have time to brace with it either.

Us Freo supporters are used to wearing penalties at the MRP/Tribunal and Nyhuis is a great lad that will take it on the chin and move forward - you'd have to be an idiot to think he tried to hurt him based on the evidence though. If you move past the emotion of a great player getting injured (nobody likes that), we really do need to have a discussion about players protecting themselves when being tackled. The reality is (based on physics) if he didn't try and back heel the ball and grab an arm he probably wouldn't have hit the ground with his head. This isn't victim shaming, this is just a conversation that needs to be had to avoid head injuries, just like we did with ducking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back