Blue Dawn
Norm Smith Medallist
- Joined
- Feb 4, 2007
- Posts
- 5,512
- Reaction score
- 102
- Location
- In infinity.....
- AFL Club
- Carlton
- Other Teams
- It'll dawn upon you!
It may be a simple matter of 'tactics' re contract negotiations BUT........
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/okeefe-could-fly-south-next-winter/2008/09/19/1221331
O'Keefe could fly south next winter
Jessica Halloran and Michael Cowley | September 20, 2008
SYDNEY could lose one of their biggest stars, with the club still trying to secure the signature of forward Ryan O'Keefe and they face a tough battle against Melbourne clubs eager to lure him south.
The Herald understands the Swans have offered O'Keefe a four-year deal believed to be less than he would attract on the open market.
The out-of-contract Swan is keen to stay in Sydney but a number of Melbourne clubs are desperate for the talents of the All-Australian and premiership player.
O'Keefe has been in career-best form - he was again on the shortlist of 40 for All-Australian selection this year - and Victorian clubs expected to lead the chase for him include Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood.
O'Keefe could not be contacted by the Herald yesterday but he does not have a manager and is negotiating his own contract.
The 27-year-old has strong ties to the southern state. A childhood Footscray supporter whose father played for the Bulldogs, he was clearly honoured to represent Victoria in the Hall of Fame match earlier this year.
In an interview in June, O'Keefe said he would prefer to see out his career at the Swans but would not rule out returning to Victoria.
"I love Sydney and I love being up here, but you never say never," O'Keefe said at the time.
Since re-signing with the club following the 2005 premiership success, O'Keefe has been one of Sydney's most consistent performers. He was runner-up in the best and fairest in 2006, fifth in 2007 and is expected to finish in the top five of the Swans' club champion poll again.
He's 27 but should we seriously consider him IF he was available?
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/okeefe-could-fly-south-next-winter/2008/09/19/1221331
O'Keefe could fly south next winter
Jessica Halloran and Michael Cowley | September 20, 2008
SYDNEY could lose one of their biggest stars, with the club still trying to secure the signature of forward Ryan O'Keefe and they face a tough battle against Melbourne clubs eager to lure him south.
The Herald understands the Swans have offered O'Keefe a four-year deal believed to be less than he would attract on the open market.
The out-of-contract Swan is keen to stay in Sydney but a number of Melbourne clubs are desperate for the talents of the All-Australian and premiership player.
O'Keefe has been in career-best form - he was again on the shortlist of 40 for All-Australian selection this year - and Victorian clubs expected to lead the chase for him include Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Collingwood.
O'Keefe could not be contacted by the Herald yesterday but he does not have a manager and is negotiating his own contract.
The 27-year-old has strong ties to the southern state. A childhood Footscray supporter whose father played for the Bulldogs, he was clearly honoured to represent Victoria in the Hall of Fame match earlier this year.
In an interview in June, O'Keefe said he would prefer to see out his career at the Swans but would not rule out returning to Victoria.
"I love Sydney and I love being up here, but you never say never," O'Keefe said at the time.
Since re-signing with the club following the 2005 premiership success, O'Keefe has been one of Sydney's most consistent performers. He was runner-up in the best and fairest in 2006, fifth in 2007 and is expected to finish in the top five of the Swans' club champion poll again.
He's 27 but should we seriously consider him IF he was available?








