Moved Thread Ryan Schoenmakers - is now a premiership winning forward and has a 2 year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Schoey. You've earned this. You decided to stay and do the hard yards. A fitting reward, along with a premiership medallion :D

Schoe :hearts: Hawthorn
I :hearts: Hawthorn
I :hearts: Schoe

This is amazing!!! Nothing better than a (sadly much maligned) player elect to stay and fight for his spot, and end up being one of the best players in an emphatic premiership win. And to be awarded with a 2 year contract extension after it all. This is what footy's all about.

2 year contract. Magnificent! Absolutely magnificent!
Couldn't be happier for the guy. Just shows that if you believe in your own abilities and work hard, success will come
Congratulations Schoe!

He needs to take more marks if he really is going to step up as a proper CHF, so I'm hopeful he'll take confidence out of the GF and put it into play next year.

Can't believe the turn around. Gone from a player many on here would've been glad to have seen the back of to a prized re-signing. Hopefully the confidence snowballs as we as a collective can be quite fickle.

Development reminds me a bit of Porkins. Was canned for being a bit s**t for the early part of his career. Ripped it up with a massive final series and had a break out season the next year.

Here's hoping Schoey hits the same trajectory.

Development reminds me a bit of Porkins. Was canned for being a bit s**t for the early part of his career. Ripped it up with a massive final series and had a break out season the next year.

Here's hoping Schoey hits the same trajectory.
Imagine how much better he could've been if he'd been able to play forward from day one. At least he's back on track.

Imagine how much better he could've been if he'd been able to play forward from day one. At least he's back on track.

As long as they keep him there with lake retiring or he will be back to whipping boy before you can say the sod shoe.

Speaking of which - with shoe now the prince of Belair and suckling off to the dogs - who will be the new whipping boy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as they keep him there with lake retiring or he will be back to whipping boy before you can say the sod shoe.

Speaking of which - with shoe now the prince of Belair and suckling off to the dogs - who will be the new whipping boy

Hill, if he wasn't already.

He needs to take more marks if he really is going to step up as a proper CHF, so I'm hopeful he'll take confidence out of the GF and put it into play next year.
Long as he hits the pack like he did during the finals series he will be fine, might not be the best at ground level but he has shown he's great at pressure acts with second and third efforts.

I noticed Schoey polled 11 votes in the GF at the PCM. I wasn't able to watch all of the PCM, can anyone tell me if he polled any decent votes in the other finals or in any of the H&A games he played?

Edit: I noticed in the final votes listing he got a total of 81 voted, not too bad considering how few games he played over the whole year.

Last edited:
I noticed Schoey polled 11 votes in the GF at the PCM. I wasn't able to watch all of the PCM, can anyone tell me if he polled any decent votes in the other finals or in any of the H&A games he played?

Edit: I noticed in the final votes listing he got a total of 81 voted, not too bad considering how few games he played over the whole year.

Where is the final voting list? Thanks

It's still very weird to see so many positive Facebook comments for him now on the Hawks Facebook page. The Facebook posters were always the first ones to stick the boot in whenever he didn't meet their expections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back