Moved Thread Ryan Schoenmakers - is now a premiership winning forward and has a 2 year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Was contemplating this myself only last night lol. I would loved to see Hodge have a run at full forward. I honestly believe they are grooming Roughy to play on-ball more which is a very exciting prospect. I believe he could be very good at it. (He already is)

Sicily/Hodge/McEvoy/Ceglar/Roughy rotating through the forward line with that other group around them will be very exciting.

Carko likes his versatility but lets leave Schoey up forward. As you posted let someone else be the whipping boy down back while they cut their teeth in the big time.

HF: Rioli Schoenmakers Gunston
FF: Breust Hodge Puopolo

Rough is taking the big bodied midfielder to another level

Was contemplating this myself only last night lol. I would loved to see Hodge have a run at full forward. I honestly believe they are grooming Roughy to play on-ball more which is a very exciting prospect. I believe he could be very good at it. (He already is)

Sicily/Hodge/McEvoy/Ceglar/Roughy rotating through the forward line with that other group around them will be very exciting.

Carko likes his versatility but lets leave Schoey up forward. As you posted let someone else be the whipping boy down back while they cut their teeth in the big time.

Just had a warm feeling remembering that game in 2012 Hodgey kicked 5.0 against Essendon in his first game back in months.

Just had a warm feeling remembering that game in 2012 Hodgey kicked 5.0 against Essendon in his first game back in months.

Ageing body, still supremely clever and strong. I think it could work. I think Mark Ricciuto made a decent fist of it in the twilight of his career and Hodge's body seems to be holding up a little better physically.

Last edited:

Aw how good is Hodge up forward! If he gets too old and crusty just plant him there

Aw how good is Hodge up forward! If he gets too old and crusty just plant him there

Just for all the Geelong supporters out there:

Luke Hodge plays as a loose man in the forward line
And in defence
And in the middle

The 30m flat bullet he kicked under a defenders arm to Gunston was poetry.

The hanger he took on the wing and the selling of the candy that both occurred after half time in the GF are hopefully a sign of where his self belief is at again. The leap and the lateral movement needed in both those moments put the knee under pressure so good to see it's not only strong but that he's got full faith in it.

With Roughy likely to start playing a lot more minutes up the ground I'm excited to see Schoey be the focal point of our forward line in 2016.

Wouldn't mind seeing how this line up would go:

FF: Breust Sicily Puopolo

That HF line would be able to deliver the ball to Sicily with silver service. Obviously it's not a typical modern set up with a player less than 190cm named at FF but Clarko loves a little innovation. It'd be the most mobile forward line in the league and Sicily has the competitiveness, goal sense and marking ability to burn a bigger defender. And it leaves it open to chaos for the opposition if Roughy or McEvoy float forward.

It's taken 10 months and no Rough, but we get to see this setup now.

Good luck Shoey!

Anyone thinking he is the answer are kidding themselves. Had absolutely no impact on the game apart from the clanged that set up collingwood's first goal. Is too slow and falls over too much. Spanger would be a better bet even with his injury concerns.
Should have traded Schoenmakers at the end of last year when he had some currency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't have much of an impact but has had two games and BH and then thrown back in to the big time.

Took some good marks, hasn't forgotten how to kick and smashed some packs. Not devastating but still handy

Anyone thinking he is the answer are kidding themselves. Had absolutely no impact on the game apart from the clanged that set up collingwood's first goal. Is too slow and falls over too much. Spanger would be a better bet even with his injury concerns.
Should have traded Schoenmakers at the end of last year when he had some currency.
Were you at the game or just watching on tv. He had one bad kick he also had some good and very good kicks and fast hands that setup goals, and he created space for our smalls to lead into

Were you at the game or just watching on tv. He had one bad kick he also had some good and very good kicks and fast hands that setup goals, and he created space for our smalls to lead into

I have to agree with Gralin here, he led up to the wing and half forward and took some good marks, he commands a tall defender from the opposition to stick with him allowing our other forwards to lead into space. He had a serviceable game.

How many times did we kick long today to a 1-on-3 in F50m compared with Rnd 4-22?

I thought he did his job
Obviously a little rusty
Seven disposals for the game. The only player on the ground who had less was Aish who went off half way through the second quarter. His job as a forward is to hit the scoreboard. He has played too many games for simply competing to be acceptable. He is not up to it. Stop deluding yourself and admit that even Hawthorn have some crap players.

Seven disposals for the game. The only player on the ground who had less was Aish who went off half way through the second quarter. His job as a forward is to hit the scoreboard. He has played too many games for simply competing to be acceptable. He is not up to it. Stop deluding yourself and admit that even Hawthorn have some crap players.
Reckon there might just be a little more to his KPIs than goals.
Thought his game was on par with gunstons and they were both often bypassed by the kicker as a team member ran into the space they cleared out.
Got involved in more scoring chains than gunners today as well, does that mean gunners is s**t and should be dropped?

He had a great game last time it counted in 2015.

Injured all this year, and 3rd game back.

He's not a crap player. You're a crap poster though...

Rioli only had four more disposals. People who think disposals are the be all and end all are the worst kind of television only supporters.

Our forward setup today looked the best it has for months. Schoey stays.

Your kidding right............tell me your kidding

Remove this Banner Ad

Back