News Ryder racially vilified on anti-social media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's worst for Patrick Ryder.[/QUOTE
Let's take things in context here. Someone mentioned that the Suns supporter would get off easy and my comment was inferring that he could lose his job. Now you wouldn't be saying that I'm insensitive to Ryder's situation are you 🙄

Some crows supporting troll made a racist remark about Ryder on Instagram.

What’s the bet we don’t hear a word about it ?

On TEN News this evening they were on about an Adelaide Football Club Member who has outed himself and cancelled his Facebook account. The person has admitted his mistake and his name was aired for all to see. Paul Vandenbergh was also interviewed and he invited the person to Alberton to talk.

The person involved has done the responsible thing and the Club is responding to the situation and perhaps that is all that needs to be said.

s**t, lead story on ABC News, ahead of election talk.

Victor Harbour man, says he was drunk, eliminates social media accounts. Lets see if he takes up Pauly V's invite to take up the cultural awareness program.

The concerning thing is he said he should keep his stupid drunken opinions to himself rather than strongly disown this "opinion"
Meanwhile, the crows CEO goes missing and the coach is the one to front the media. Quite possible he is not available but they do have a chairman. Their leadership is piss weak.

It's disgusting. It's cowardly. It's degrading. I'm guilty of it and very ashamed to my core. People like Patrick and Eddie are living it. Their families and all that love them should not be here now. I'm making no excuses for my behaviour. I'll lead a charge to end racism. Not just in footy but for the human race. It's cancer.

The comments and memes on the nine news facebook posts about this are a disgrace, ugly racist mob mentality. I can't believe that the posts aren't deleted.

Better than a life ban.

Get the crowie in front of Paddy, SPP etc but also with crows aboriginal players Betts, Milera, Ellis-Yoman, and Andrew Mcleod etc. A bit of a kick up the arse and humiliation will achieve more.
Causing more fear and resentment isn't the way to change someone's way of thinking. Education is the only way to make meaningful change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the club shows the same disdain to all ignorant Fuchs and let them experience and educate. Let Pauly sort em' out

The concerning thing is he said he should keep his stupid drunken opinions to himself rather than strongly disown this "opinion"
Meanwhile, the crows CEO goes missing and the coach is the one to front the media. Quite possible he is not available but they do have a chairman. Their leadership is piss weak.

To be honest I think this person has done more than may others would. As Paul Vandenberg says, 'he has made a good start'. Don't can the bloke for at least having the balls to admit he is wrong. I have to admit that i have been pissed and said things that I later regret.

As for the Adelaide Football Club this was on the wire eighteen hours ago,

The person, a three-game Crows member, has had their membership suspended indefinitely, with the club stating it has “zero tolerance to this type of behaviour. This person’s membership has been suspended indefinitely and all of their membership rights have been revoked. The club considers racial vilification to be abhorrent and disgusting, and racism has no place in our society,” the Crows said.

I think that is a fairly prompt and appropriate response.

Last edited:
To be honest I think this person has done more than may others would. As Paul Vandenberg says, 'he has made a good start'. Don't can the bloke for at least having the balls to admit he is wrong. I have to admit that i have been pissed and said things that I later regret.

As for the Adelaide Football Club this was on the wire eighteen hours ago,

The person, a three-game Crows member, has had their membership suspended indefinitely, with the club stating it has “zero tolerance to this type of behaviour. This person’s membership has been suspended indefinitely and all of their membership rights have been revoked. The club considers racial vilification to be abhorrent and disgusting, and racism has no place in our society,” the Crows said.

I think that is a fairly prompt and appropriate response.
Agree, but instead of throwing him in the fire to burn in hell, maybe a little educational would help.

Guess you can’t teach old dogs new tricks.

Looks like the story has already been dropped to the bottom of the AdelaideNow article pile, in favour of some feel-good Crows stories

I seem to recall the banana thrower being hounded at her house? Too far or not far enough?
I'm guessing her fathers business didn't do to well after reporters turned up there either.

Some absolutely appalling comments from 9 News' Coverage posted on their facebook page.
1555808711563.png
Just a sample ^^

They hurt to read... what the * are people thinking. These comments do not belong and have never belonged anywhere, at any time under any circumstance. But now, what the difference is, from 35 years ago, let’s say, is that people will call out these idiots and tell them that it is not acceptable. These feeble responses from the comments section of Channel 9 show that people aren't thinking about what they’re saying, and how this response is not just passing over racism as nothing but they also are concurrently being sexist towards those who are out there playing the game for us to enjoy. Players aren’t just robots, they’re people, which means they have feelings and emotions like everyone else on the planet and we need to think about what we say and how we are reacting to them. They’ve all been active in the face of this adversity and stood up together, and we need to show our support to them and to this movement and prove that what has happened is beyond unacceptable and that we will stand up against it until it has been eradicated. We’re with you, Paddy! ❤️🍐

Some absolutely appalling comments from 9 News' Coverage posted on their facebook page.
View attachment 658948
Just a sample ^^

They hurt to read... what the **** are people thinking. These comments do not belong and have never belonged anywhere, at any time under any circumstance. But now, what the difference is, from 35 years ago, let’s say, is that people will call out these idiots and tell them that it is not acceptable. These feeble responses from the comments section of Channel 9 show that people aren't thinking about what they’re saying, and how this response is not just passing over racism as nothing but they also are concurrently being sexist towards those who are out there playing the game for us to enjoy. Players aren’t just robots, they’re people, which means they have feelings and emotions like everyone else on the planet and we need to think about what we say and how we are reacting to them. They’ve all been active in the face of this adversity and stood up together, and we need to show our support to them and to this movement and prove that what has happened is beyond unacceptable and that we will stand up against it until it has been eradicated. We’re with you, Paddy! ❤️🍐

And most of those morons are probably Crows supporters who would have been up in arms about Eddie Betts being vilified. Sadly this stuff will never be eradicated because you cannot ever educate imbeciles and the world is full of them.

You do wonder how much education helps these bottom feeders. Kim Brennan on Offsiders today was talking about the NRL talking about more education for players that it is not alright to hurt women. Kim speculated that you shouldn't need to educate people that it is not okay to abuse women.

You do wonder how much education helps these bottom feeders. Kim Brennan on Offsiders today was talking about the NRL talking about more education for players that it is not alright to hurt women. Kim speculated that you shouldn't need to educate people that it is not okay to abuse women.

At the same time Jack De Belin is blaming the NRL because they did not provide enough anti domestic violence training. The real issue is of course the NRL's 'No Fault Policy' under which De Belin has been stood down without a presumption of innocence and De Belin's lawyers have argued that if NRL is going to stand a player down due to a pending aggravated violence case they should provide adequate training on domestic and sexual violence.

Brennan makes a very good point. Any defence is probably fair when you arguing for your career but surely some where along the line the individual has to accept responsibility for his or her actions? Given all the publicity and the Government sponsored anti violence campaigns De Belin must be living in a vacuum if he believes violence, particularly sexual assault against women, is OK.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/04/21/he-wasnt-educated-de-belins-lawyers-play-the-blame-game/

PS For those unfamiliar with the De Belin case the Manly and State of Origin lock forward Jack De Belin was charged, along with another man, with aggrevated sexual assault in February 2019. As a result the NRL evoked a policy clause that banned De Belin from playing until the case is heard. De Belin has challenged the NRL's right to suspend him without his being found guilty of an offence. De Belin sought an injunction to allow him to play but dropped that action in favour of a High Court action which is currently being heard. The NRL for it's part is citing the loss of sponsorship, adverse crowd reaction and damage to it's product if De Delin is allowed to play. The case has important ramifications not just for the NRL but for sport in general. I imagine Israel Folau and his team are watching this case with more than passing interest. Folau probably has a stronger case as he hasn't been charged with a crime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back