Universal Love Ryder2Gray

Remove this Banner Ad

:D *en

giphy.gif

Gray playing more midfield time leading into the finals after being managed for most of the year could be quite an ace up our sleeve.

Nobody saw that tap coming but I bet Lade was sitting in the box after he slotted that goal reminiscing about Lade2Burg so proud saying that's my Paddy.

I'd love to see Gray, Polec & Wingard running rampant in September off the back of those silver service taps from our soon to be AA ruck.

Gray playing more midfield time leading into the finals after being managed for most of the year could be quite an ace up our sleeve.

Nobody saw that tap coming but I bet Lade was sitting in the box after he slotted that goal reminiscing about Lade2Burg so proud saying that's my Paddy.

I'd love to see Gray, Polec & Wingard running rampant in September off the back of those silver service taps from our soon to be AA ruck.
It was so Lade to Burgoyne and in fact we use Gray much like the Hawks use Burgoyne and it is perfect.

Due to his lack of defensive game I don't think he will be a full time mid any more but when we need to win a clearance or we are behind or in short bursts he is such a weapon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy tap to RGray and goal with seconds left to win...

"one of the greatest AFL plays ever" Andrew Capel tweeted.

Paddy tap to RGray and goal with seconds left to win...

"one of the greatest AFL plays ever" Andrew Capel tweeted.
From memory we've done that 4 times in the AFL now. A centre bounce with under a minute to go and less than a goal behind. The 3 others I remember:

2000, R21 against Carlton.
Primus to Lyle to Peter Burgoyne.

2002, R15 against Sydney.
Primus to Schofield to Poulton.
Clip is too long for its purpose, go to 2:56 for the relevant stuff. Mind you as a whole it's still great fun, we had some pretty good players back then and watching a battered Tredders at work is still pretty cool.

Showdown IIIV, R13 2013 *
Monfries freakazoid goal at 1 minute on the clip, followed by Monfries > Wingard at 2 minutes on the clip.

* initially forgot that one and have edited it in :$

Last edited:
Dat Robbie goal brings back memories. Anyone know who the tackler was that caused the turnover resulting in the Cassisi goal?

OK, how could I have forgotten that? Perhaps because of spillover from the hypnotherapy required to forget the subsequent GF.

From memory we've done that 4 times in the AFL now. A centre bounce with under a minute to go and less than a goal behind. The 3 others I remember:

2000, R21 against Carlton.
Primus to Lyle to Peter Burgoyne.

2002, R15 against Sydney.
Primus to Schofield to Poulton.
Clip is too long for its purpose, go to 2:56 for the relevant stuff. Mind you as a whole it's still great fun, we had some pretty good players back then and watching a battered Tredders at work is still pretty cool.

Showdown IIIV, R13 2013 *
Monfries freakazoid goal at 1 minute on the clip, followed by Monfries > Wingard at 2 minutes on the clip.

* initially forgot that one and have edited it in :$

Paddy to Gray was just one play to kick a winner under 30 seconds left. Other centre taps were great then were part of multiple plays/marks after the initial tap to kick a late winner.

Yesterday's was more exciting and dramatic IMO.

Last edited:
To add to the last minute steals what about Ebert down in Launceston in 2007? IIRC we were two down with a minute to go there as well.

Am sure there is a more concise version somewhere but highlights of the game:

Ryder is just so incredibly valuable to us. Anyone who moaned about the paltry pick 37 we threw in to appease Essendon needs to come forth and be smitten by the deft hand of Paddy. Hard to think of many if any who you'd rather sharking at his feet than Robbie in that situation either. Leaving the hole there was just dumb footy but the Saints, but thank god we had these two guns there to capitalise on it.

To add to the last minute steals what about Ebert down in Launceston in 2007? IIRC we were two down with a minute to go there as well.

Am sure there is a more concise version somewhere but highlights of the game:

Ryder is just so incredibly valuable to us. Anyone who moaned about the paltry pick 37 we threw in to appease Essendon needs to come forth and be smitten by the deft hand of Paddy. Hard to think of many if any who you'd rather sharking at his feet than Robbie in that situation either. Leaving the hole there was just dumb footy but the Saints, but thank god we had these two guns there to capitalise on it.

Anyone who whinges about either the Ryder or Dixon deals has NFI in my book.

We had desperate needs. We went out and got two excellent talents to fill those needs at a fair price. Also considering the new CBA we got them for a retrospective bargain salary wise.

I would do both trades again in less time than it took for Ryder2Gray to pull last night out of the fire.

Anyone who whinges about either the Ryder or Dixon deals has NFI in my book.

We had desperate needs. We went out and got two excellent talents to fill those needs at a fair price. Also considering the new CBA and we got them for a retrospective bargain salary wise.

I would do both trades again in less time than it took for Ryder2Gray to pull last night out of the fire.
There is no negative in those deals I guess the only thing you could say is it highlights our inability to develop talls from the draft in key roles.. lets hope Billy, Dougal & Todd help us turn the corner in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back