Scape Goat S and C team should be gone

Remove this Banner Ad

No way he would come to Freo. We just sacked his best friend, Burgess was the guy who recommended that we hire Weber in the first place when he did the review for the club years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bloke seems to have a great reputation, but I question how deserved it is given now often he changes clubs.

It's rare you see someone hold down a post like that for less than 5-10 years.

No way he would come to Freo. We just sacked his best friend, Burgess was the guy who recommended that we hire Weber in the first place when he did the review for the club years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it’s his fault!

Don’t want him. Port have been better since he left anyhow. Overrated.

So it’s his fault!

Don’t want him. Port have been better since he left anyhow. Overrated.
i mean they replaced him with his 2IC, seemingly wasn't much of a change in direction

Is that what happened? I remember it as Weber being the man hired to conduct the review and the club being so impressed they offered him the role?

Is that what happened? I remember it as Weber being the man hired to conduct the review and the club being so impressed they offered him the role?
IIRC according to Pav’s book, Weber and Burgess conducted the review, Weber was then brought in with Burgess ‘engaged as strategic consultant’ while he was at the Socceroos and then Liverpool

If anyone's interested, Perth Glory have just announced Jason Weber as their new S&C coach. Good thing he only has 7 players to work on.

Multiple calves and groin issues coming up
In other news, Glory have announced Kleenex as a sponsor.

They need all of the soft tissues they can get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone's interested, Perth Glory have just announced Jason Weber as their new S&C coach. Good thing he only has 7 players to work on.

the rate they/the league have been losing players the past few weeks, combined with this news, I suspect I should be giving the Glory my phone number to give me a call up

How is it at all possible after a year of compressed fixtures, restricted training reduced staff that Port can have no injuries by the end of the season?

I can only dream of the day this happens. Best decision to ditch key people in our S&C team.

Looks like a great appointment.

Merriman, who was most recently the head of strength and conditioning at Melbourne, was also a part of Hawthorn’s strength and conditioning team from 2011 to 2017, where he held separate roles of rehabilitation manager and physical performance coach.

Looks like a great appointment.

Merriman, who was most recently the head of strength and conditioning at Melbourne, was also a part of Hawthorn’s strength and conditioning team from 2011 to 2017, where he held separate roles of rehabilitation manager and physical performance coach.

“I’m a coach myself in the hockey realms, and talking to a few colleagues who know Justin Longmuir well, I know that JL is someone who I’d really like to work with.

“Having spent time in Cairns with Melbourne at the same hotel as Fremantle late in the 2020 season, I just couldn’t believe how young and vibrant they were and I was really impressed with how humble and respectful they were as well. They were probably the two main factors.”

Well f*** me, that's nice to read.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back