Scape Goat S and C team should be gone

Remove this Banner Ad

From the members meeting last night, Bell confirmed pretty much a full reset of the S&C and medical teams.

- Weber gone and Merriman in. Andy Brayshaw commented that he had spoken to Angus about the Merriman and said he is very talented but will absolutely push the players.

- Dr Ken Withers is in his final year with the club, and it will serve as a handover year with two new club doctors having come on board and doing a transition year with Dr Withers.

- We have 1-2 new physios who have started with the club ahead of the preseason.

Last edited:

From the members meeting last night, Bell confirmed pretty much a full reset of the S&C and medical teams.

- Weber gone and Merriman in. Andy Brayshaw commented that he had spoken to Angus about the Merriman and said he is very talented but will absolutely push the players.

- Dr Ken Withers is in his final year with the club, and it will serve as a handover year with two new club doctors having come on board and doing a transition year with Dr Withers.

- We have 1-2 new physics who have started with the club ahead of the preseason.

Physics or physio’s?

- We have 1-2 new physios who have started with the club ahead of the preseason.

I spoke to Peter Bell after the meeting to ask him to clarify the physio replacement for Jeff Boyle and to confirm Harris
Garland‘s appointment and his role.

When I mentioned to Peter Harris’ qualifications and expertise in Physiology and in particular Injury management and prevention , Peter was genuinely surprised. He was unaware of this and told me he would speak to Harris about it.

It sounds to me we may have picked up much more than we realised.

Peter expanded on his answer regarding physio staff and mentioned we have assembled a team which includes Marshal Stockden.

I spoke to Peter Bell after the meeting to ask him to clarify the physio replacement for Jeff Boyle and to confirm Harris

When I mentioned to Peter Harris’ qualifications and expertise in Physiology and in particular Injury management and prevention , Peter was genuinely surprised. He was unaware of this and told me he would speak to Harris about it.

Peter expanded on his answer regarding physio staff and mentioned we have assembled a team which includes Marshal Stockden.
Sounds like he should be carrying a six shooter!

Sounds like we've finally cleaned house there. How many years and opportunities wasted I couldn't begin to count but this over all potential changes to the club has me the most excited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump!

Does anyone know where you can see a list of who our medical and S&C teams are for this year?

I have gone around the club web site and tried google but had no luck.

I understand that Ken Withers has left now but would like to see who we have in place for this season.

Hopefully we can keep more of our players on the park this year as the last few years has been a disaster for us.

Bump!

Does anyone know where you can see a list of who our medical and S&C teams are for this year?

I have gone around the club web site and tried google but had no luck.

I understand that Ken Withers has left now but would like to see who we have in place for this season.

Hopefully we can keep more of our players on the park this year as the last few years has been a disaster for us.
With our past list management having a tendancy to trade/draft pre-injured players the availability blame can be shared a bit imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back