Scape Goat S and C team should be gone

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's popular to bag out our S&C by claiming we're the worst in the league and nobody else suffers the injury issues we do, so here's a bit of perspective.

I know it's popular to bag out our S&C by claiming we're the worst in the league and nobody else suffers the injury issues we do, so here's a bit of perspective.

I think you’ll find that the baggers of our dept are doing so based on a large body of evidence and don’t ever say that other teams don’t have issues from time to time.

I think you’ll find that the baggers of our dept are doing so based on a large body of evidence and don’t ever say that other teams don’t have issues from time to time.

I'm not disputing we have issues. But if you read this thread you'd almost think Fremantle are the only team that have ever had serious injury crises.

I'm not disputing we have issues. But if you read this thread you'd almost think Fremantle are the only team that have ever had serious injury crises.

That’s because you’re on the Fremantle board. And Fremantle supporters are passionate about their club and care first and foremost about what’s going wrong at their club.

Not much perspective. Just one team going through a rough trot.

Not really sure it's their job to prevent the unpreventable.

you’re telling me that more then one club has regular issues with injuries? shocked to be sitting here

Sturt played well off an incredible turnaround on an ankle. Fyfe also a possibility to play this weekend. Hill also coming good. So there are some positives
And the never to play again Hogan is out there.

If we assume that there was a review that didn’t recommend sacking the lot of them, I wonder what other changes may have been put in place?

They don't know their arses from their elbows

Tbf the Logue one is just unlucky. Can't really pin an impact injury on the S&C staff.

Hogan however...didn't a similar thing happen with Sturt a few weeks ago?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

colyer better not be an ‘in’

Easier to say before half the 22 goes down. Don't think we'll have a choice; for whatever reason J-Lo is of the view that Colyer provides something our other players can't (hence why he keeps being named) and I fully expect he'll be back in.

Sydney lost another tall player today in Amartey. Their crisis is growing worse.

Tex Walker did his knee, so he's out for a week or two as well.

Richmond lost Cotchin, Nankervis and Prestia on the weekend.

Hard to tell how much of this is S&C and how much is simply a combination of bad luck and a really short period for players to get back to match fitness. We're far from the only club that's losing key players to issues with their legs.

Sydney lost another tall player today in Amartey. Their crisis is growing worse.

Hard to tell how much of this is S&C and how much is simply a combination of bad luck and a really short period for players to get back to match fitness. We're far from the only club that's losing key players to issues with their legs.
In isolation no. Five straight years of having big injury lists says yes.

Is your point that other teams get injuries so we shouldn't be upset or as concerned as some are?

Or that our S&C do a good job in your opinion?

It is not only this year for our team... Yes 2020 has been interrupted etc but this is very similar to 4 out of the last 5 years.

Do you think our S&C team should be in the job next season?

In isolation no. Five straight years of having big injury lists says yes.
Is your point that other teams get injuries so we shouldn't be upset or as concerned as some are?

Or that our S&C do a good job in your opinion?

It is not only this year for our team... Yes 2020 has been interrupted etc but this is very similar to 4 out of the last 5 years.

Do you think our S&C team should be in the job next season?

The point is that it's professional sport. You have a lot of athletes pushing their bodies to their limits, many of which are barely held together with strapping, and as a result it's inevitable that clubs rack up injury lists.

The entire point of this thread is that our S&C is so uniquely terrible that it destroys any chance our club has of competing; the thread started with Harley Bennell (who played one game for Melbourne and got dropped) and moved onto the list of injuries we've been accumulating post-restart.

Maybe there's something wrong with our S&C. But the evidence on the thread isn't particularly conclusive, given it's largely based on cherrypicking bad cases from Fremantle while ignoring our good management and any context from the rest of the league, and I think a few people should really be taken that into account before calling for people to be sacked.

The point is that it's professional sport. You have a lot of athletes pushing their bodies to their limits, many of which are barely held together with strapping, and as a result it's inevitable that clubs rack up injury lists.

The entire point of this thread is that our S&C is so uniquely terrible that it destroys any chance our club has of competing; the thread started with Harley Bennell (who played one game for Melbourne and got dropped) and moved onto the list of injuries we've been accumulating post-restart.

Maybe there's something wrong with our S&C. But the evidence on the thread isn't particularly conclusive, given it's largely based on cherrypicking bad cases from Fremantle while ignoring our good management and any context from the rest of the league, and I think a few people should really be taken that into account before calling for people to be sacked.

A few bad cases?

We have rolling injury issues to key players. It isn't just this year or last year, which would be an emergency. It has been a consistent problem over the past five years. Teams with long injury lists don't win the flag and can't compete consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back