Strategy s**t **** **** B@LL$ (After Bye Expectations/Requests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
here's mine. a very specific thing. when simmo gets sacked from west coast (feels inevitable), pick him up as an assistant/mentor/support figure to david noble. i don't think we should sack the coach and throw the club into more disarray, but a tested veteran to oversee that department, who's also guy with sentimental attachment to the club who'd be willing to come and help us out would be invaluable in getting things back on track. and if noble decides to step down, he'd be a capable caretaker.

Off-field:
  • full review. Especially the development side of things.
  • Execute the skills coach.
  • Get a PP sorted.

On field:
  • Stephenson and Thomas to rotate between HB and midfield. Need to get the ball into their hands more and create some run out of the back half.
  • Move on ziebell.
  • Keep LDU in the midfield.
  • Figure out a way to get some help for Larkey.
  • Trade goldstein for a 2nd rounder.
Can you trade an unrestricted free agent?

The idea of putting mckay from defence to forward MIGHT net us 2 more goals, and WILL cause 6+ more goals against.
I was thinking about this the other day... given we struggle to score one goal a quarter, I'd probably prefer anything that will improve our attack, even if we lose by more.

I feel that our gameplan is designed more to contain losses to between 30-50 points, rather than trying to win (and potentially losing by 100+)

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I smell an opportunity.

6kgl8z.jpg

Think of what we could do with that 2nd rounder - the next Declan Watson or Josh Williams.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I got what I wanted re McKay playing forward.

He'll have to go back in defence next week against the Cats but I'd still like to see at least a few more games of McKay playing forward.
Dan! If you're going to make moves like that on game day can you at least get him to do some kicking practice at training beforehand. Better yet, do a deal with Vossy to swap Ben with Harry for the odd match every now and again.

Dan! If you're going to make moves like that on game day can you at least get him to do some kicking practice at training beforehand. Better yet, do a deal with Vossy to swap Ben with Harry for the odd match every now and again.
Set shot kicking did look stinky.

But the contested marking was refreshing to see. Even the crowd got excited with Ben's first contested grab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back