Podcast S-town

Remove this Banner Ad

Glebehawk

All Australian
Aug 24, 2006
london
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Recently got into this podcast, it's a this American Life production and although very different to Serial...it's pretty gripping. Well first 5 eps are, still making my way through it.

Would have to be based on one of the most intriguing characters I've come across in a while.

If you liked Serial, give it a
Crack.

Binged the whole lot in 2 days as soon as it was released.

What a wonderfully told story. Felt like you really knew John B. By the end of the story.

What's everyone's take on Tyler?

Only 4 episodes in so I'm not sure If their is a twist in the tail with Tyler but I like him, seems genuine. Loved his way of describing John's sexuality as a little sugar in the tank, never heard that idiom before.

Polished it off this morning, one of the most poignant portraits of a man ever reported. Raw humanity is seen throughout every character.

Back on Tyler, I still like him. Some of his decisions are crazy, but I've recently learned that crazy behavior from Rednecks is an evolutionary trait passed down by herding cultures that used violence and acting crazy as defense mechanisms to ward off others from stealing from their flocks. His troubled upbringing another explanation. But he still has a good heart and treated John.B well without bigotry and certainly was more deserving than the cousins.

Nice to see others fans out there. I'm towards the end at Ep 6, it's changed courses a few times...but still really enjoyable. Great little pockets of knowledge too, like the origins of Mad hatters disease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes website does have info on Android, but most are streaming, which means downloads, which means I need to find the damn iPod in this mess ...of a study.

I just use a podcast app on my phone

Listened to it in one sitting last week. Really enjoyed it. Some truly sad moments, as well some genuinely pleasant moments. A lot of stuff I wish they went more into depth with.

Even though you knew he was in his late 40's, did anyone keep thinking that he was in his 60's?

3EEF8AD300000578-4392106-image-a-18_1491830915964.jpg

The picture Tyler took to Johns funeral

To be honest, I thought this started off great and I was hooked but then it just kind of petered out. Plus everyone talked about the big twist so I was kind of waiting on that and nothing really happened. John was an amazing character though, a real tortured soul.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back