Official Match Thread S23 Round 17 - Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC @ Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

s0vml3.jpg

Coney Island Warriors vs Roys FFC
Match Preview - Round 17

________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary

The final round of the SFA season has quickly approached us and with finals right around the corner, we take a look at the last round of the regular season. First up we take a look at the Warriors taking on the Roys. Both these sides will feature in the finals series with the Warriors on a 7 game win streak while the Roys were lucky to scrape into the final 8, with an 8-8 record for the season.

The Warriors, after starting the season on a club low, have come together as a unit and enjoyed success in their last 7 meetings beating the Dragons, Roys, Bombers, Royals, Wolves, Demons and the Dragons again on their quest for the ultimate prize. Inspirational leader, Wooshette will need to find a new FF for this weeks game against the Roys though, with prize recruit craffles serving a ban for being a flog which could have the current streak ended by the Roys this weekend. craffles could very well miss parts of the finals series depending on how long his ban will hold for. He will big a big loss to the club having kicked 52 goals for the season and with the next best being Freofalcon with 18 goals the Warriors might find it hard kicking a winning score on Sunday, however the Warriors have a strong core of posters who should be able to cover the position.

On the other side, we have the Roys. It's been a season from hell for the Roys and that's not for reasons being on-field. Club legend and all round Bigfooty good bloke Fred, was taken away from us way too soon after battling cancer for many years. Fred is Fred and his record speaks for itself. His influence around the league for many seasons was something I wish I was around to witness but just hearing the heartfelt messages left for him when he passed spoke volumes of the guy.

The Roys have done an amazing job to hold it all together on field, making the finals in 8th position. Captain fitzroybowiedog has been outright the best poster for the Roys this season with over 900 posts for the season however it's posting form from rookie nahnah that has been the most impressive. nahnah averages 37 posts throughout the season and I expect the youngster to play a pivotal role in the Roys surgence to the flag.

Where and When: Cortlandt Park, Sunday 28th May

LAST TIME THEY MET

xkoqok.jpg

The last time these two clubs met, it was a comfortable 37 point win to the Warriors which was their 2nd win of this 7 game winning streak. craffles the man spoken about who is missing for the Warriors on Sunday kicked 7.5 from his 12 disposals. If the game is anything to go by from their last outing and take away craffles 7 goals, the Roys win that contest. The Warriors will be hoping to find someone who can kick a winning score against the Roys defence. Benwah83 had a big game with 24 disposals and 10 tackles while zackah had 20 touches and kicked 2 goals for the Warriors in their win.

The Roys didn't have a lot of contributiors in their last encounter against the Warriors with Azarole being the best of the bunch picking up 21 disposals and kicking a goal with great help from Mighty P who finished with 24 possessions.

KEY MATCH-UPS
royboy2 vs Whoever is the Warriors Full-Forward
As mentioned above, craffles isn't available for this weekends game and after kicking a bag of 7 goals against the Roys last time around, the Warriors will want to put someone who they can rely on up front to kick the goals. royboy2 would have been planning for craffles however might be now put off his game knowing the ex-Wonder won't be available for selection.

2. nahnah vs Frankston Rover
This match-up could very well determine who wins the game. It's as simple as this.... It's rookie vs SFA royalty. If Roys rookie nahnah breaks even or even beats Frankston Rover in the ruck on Sunday, the Roys will go a long way to winning this game. If Frankston Rover turns it on like we all know he can, then please take the rookie off him as quickly as possible.

3. fitzroybowiedog vs Wooshette
Both captains going head to head in the midfield? We'd like to see that!...... and I think we'll get to see it at some point on the weekend.

Captains please submit Official Team Sheets by 11.59 AEST Thursday

Why's he banned?
Impunity melt banned both him and I when west coke were getting smacked on Sunday. He later let me off but craffles wasn't so lucky after sending a number of melty pms :D

Best OP of the season by far. Great work haydo169. :thumbsu:

I do! I do!
Well, funnily enough, the Warriors have been undefeated since our inspirational skipper moved yours truly into the guts.
Impunity melt banned both him and I when west coke were getting smacked on Sunday. He later let me off but craffles wasn't so lucky after sending a number of melty pms :D
Impunity is a pencil dick flog (that's me criticising him a poster, not a mod, so I'm not breaking any rules and won't also get banned)

Impunity is a pencil dick flog (that's me criticising him a poster, not a mod, so I'm not breaking any rules and won't also get banned)
I think craffles may have called him something similar on the main board, possibly contributing to said ban :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the lack of craffles this week, all of us are going to have to flog it up a little bit harder to cover the shortfall,

#getyourflogsout

s0vml3.jpg

Match Preview - Round 17

________________________________________________________________________________________

Summary

The final round of the SFA season has quickly approached us and with finals right around the corner, we take a look at the last round of the regular season. First up we take a look at the Warriors taking on the Roys. Both these sides will feature in the finals series with the Warriors on a 7 game win streak while the Roys were lucky to scrape into the final 8, with an 8-8 record for the season.

The Warriors, after starting the season on a club low, have come together as a unit and enjoyed success in their last 7 meetings beating the Dragons, Roys, Bombers, Royals, Wolves, Demons and the Dragons again on their quest for the ultimate prize. Inspirational leader, Wooshette will need to find a new FF for this weeks game against the Roys though, with prize recruit craffles serving a ban for being a flog which could have the current streak ended by the Roys this weekend. craffles could very well miss parts of the finals series depending on how long his ban will hold for. He will big a big loss to the club having kicked 52 goals for the season and with the next best being Freofalcon with 18 goals the Warriors might find it hard kicking a winning score on Sunday, however the Warriors have a strong core of posters who should be able to cover the position.

On the other side, we have the Roys. It's been a season from hell for the Roys and that's not for reasons being on-field. Club legend and all round Bigfooty good bloke Fred, was taken away from us way too soon after battling cancer for many years. Fred is Fred and his record speaks for itself. His influence around the league for many seasons was something I wish I was around to witness but just hearing the heartfelt messages left for him when he passed spoke volumes of the guy.

The Roys have done an amazing job to hold it all together on field, making the finals in 8th position. Captain fitzroybowiedog has been outright the best poster for the Roys this season with over 900 posts for the season however it's posting form from rookie nahnah that has been the most impressive. nahnah averages 37 posts throughout the season and I expect the youngster to play a pivotal role in the Roys surgence to the flag.

LAST TIME THEY MET

xkoqok.jpg

The last time these two clubs met, it was a comfortable 37 point win to the Warriors which was their 2nd win of this 7 game winning streak. craffles the man spoken about who is missing for the Warriors on Sunday kicked 7.5 from his 12 disposals. If the game is anything to go by from their last outing and take away craffles 7 goals, the Roys win that contest. The Warriors will be hoping to find someone who can kick a winning score against the Roys defence. Benwah83 had a big game with 24 disposals and 10 tackles while zackah had 20 touches and kicked 2 goals for the Warriors in their win.

The Roys didn't have a lot of contributiors in their last encounter against the Warriors with Azarole being the best of the bunch picking up 21 disposals and kicking a goal with great help from Mighty P who finished with 24 possessions.

KEY MATCH-UPS
As mentioned above, craffles isn't available for this weekends game and after kicking a bag of 7 goals against the Roys last time around, the Warriors will want to put someone who they can rely on up front to kick the goals. royboy2 would have been planning for craffles however might be now put off his game knowing the ex-Wonder won't be available for selection.

This match-up could very well determine who wins the game. It's as simple as this.... It's rookie vs SFA royalty. If Roys rookie nahnah breaks even or even beats Frankston Rover in the ruck on Sunday, the Roys will go a long way to winning this game. If Frankston Rover turns it on like we all know he can, then please take the rookie off him as quickly as possible.

Both captains going head to head in the midfield? We'd like to see that!...... and I think we'll get to see it at some point on the weekend.

"169" is haydo169's IQ, Waist Measurement and a frank admission that he has only enjoyed one 69. Honest.

s0vml3.jpg

Match Preview - Round 17

Summary

LAST TIME THEY MET

xkoqok.jpg

KEY MATCH-UPS

Got excited thinking I was spending the week with haydo169

Leaving disappointed.

Stop those bottom lips quivering you pack of Nancy boys. We are gonna be playing finals so heads up, chests out .
I didn't join the Roy's to join a pack of quitters who complain about a cheating bullshit sim.
I joined the Roy's just cos I thought " oh well why the f*** not".
These last few losses will just make finals glory taste even more sweeter.

And if we lose THEN we can just blame the cheating bullshit Sim

Stop those bottom lips quivering you pack of Nancy boys. We are gonna be playing finals so heads up, chests out .
I didn't join the Roy's to join a pack of quitters who complain about a cheating bullshit sim.
I joined the Roy's just cos I thought " oh well why the f*** not".
These last few losses will just make finals glory taste even more sweeter.

And if we lose THEN we can just blame the cheating bullshit Sim

AMEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back