Media S25 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

So when's the Season 26 thread going up Dingster ? I know at this point its a formality but sausageroll does prefer to pretend there's some competition.

proxy.php

2 - Matty411
135663.jpg

494 posts averaging 30.8 per week.
255 possies averaging 15.9 per week.
990 dreamteam points averaging 62 per week.
Kicked 11 goals

Ding: Way back in Feb Matty contacted me to find more about Rising Star and in his own words "I'm ambitious and a touch competitive." With the support of KohPhi he simply got better and better as the season went on. He earned and established a prime role in a strong Bombers side and never let his team mates down delivering on the qooty field but also with some top quality media. Grats on a stellar season mate and look forward to seeing you excel next season and beyond.

Yakker: A sophisticacted and measured poster with a great sense of humour and good timing. I don't know if he has been taking tips directly from KohPhi but he seems like a newer version. He has complimented the crash and bash style usually adopted by recent team mates and tempered it with his more refined style. His media pieces have been first class, in particular his rookie round table stuff. I had Matty number 1 in the rising star but only by a whisker.

EJW: I think the one that comes across as the most thoughtful. Didn't notice him as much in the match thread when we played, but his media work was the clear best of this years crop.

KohPhi: If there was one positive to come out of the D2D period it was that he recruited Matty411 to the Bombers. One thing that stood out about Matty411 was his desire to learn 'on the job' quickly and establish himself within the SFA. Not only has he achieved that, he is well on the way to being a star in the League.
Brilliant and innovative media, excellent bantering skills and a genuine desire to embed himself within the League when others tread warily, Matty411 has shown himself to be a leader in what I believe to be quite simply, an outstanding rookie class of S 25.

Cloud_: You have done your apprenticeship so it's time to step up. Welcome to the Royals. Cloud_'s thinking this

proxy.php

1 - BLERN
176932.jpg

907 posts averaging 56.7 per week.
333 possies averaging 20.8 per week.
1171 dreamteam points averaging 73 per week.
Kicked 4 goals

Ding: A massive grats on being the S25 Rising Star. There really was a bee's dick between 1 and 4 but you got the chocolates on a split decision. Obviously the posts per week is nothing compared to all the other teams you "played for." BLERN was everywhere! I'd but my coffee in the morning from BLERN. BLERN drove me to work. I'd order a pie for lunch and the chick serving was BLERN. I'd take a dump and out came BLERN! At the end of the day I tossed a coin between Matty and BLERN and you guessed it....BLERN stole it the prick.

EJW: The Sweet FA's answer to Eddie McGuire. Absolutely everywhere. And deadset relentless. Also a decent dose of humour. A great season.

Yakker: His team mates at Mt Buller really enjoyed his irreverent and good natured banter. His Dragons team mates were impressed with his quick wit. His Bomber team mates thought his media work was outstanding. BLERN wasn't the quickest out of the blocks but he certainly made up for it once he got his momentum up. A great contributor in nearly every match thread every week.

Woosh: BLERN averaged 56.6 posts in Warrior match threads, posted all season in all media, match threads, werewolf etc…immersed himself in all aspects of the League. He made himself available for interviews and all media asked of him, showed great enthusiasm and enjoyment of the League from day 1.
BLERN also made several media threads himself and some fan fiction.
Posted Round 14 Match Threads and took the time to do a good job. A worthy Rising Star.

Cloud_: You run the league. I am just your puppet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And well, we were all waiting for it, mate. You nailed it, BLERN. What can I say? Honoured to be in the same rookie season as yourself :) Congratulations!

NOW HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER OF YOUR FANFIC :mad::p

Last edited:
Congrats BLERN was a clear standout, and I loved our rivalry early this season, until we realised we actually respected what each other did.

A worthy winner. Well done to the Energizer Bunny.

upload_2018-6-5_21-1-26.jpeg

Well done mate, looking forward to matching up against you next season.

proxy.php

2 - Matty411
135663.jpg

494 posts averaging 30.8 per week.
255 possies averaging 15.9 per week.
990 dreamteam points averaging 62 per week.
Kicked 11 goals

Ding: Way back in Feb Matty contacted me to find more about Rising Star and in his own words "I'm ambitious and a touch competitive." With the support of KohPhi he simply got better and better as the season went on. He earned and established a prime role in a strong Bombers side and never let his team mates down delivering on the qooty field but also with some top quality media. Grats on a stellar season mate and look forward to seeing you excel next season and beyond.

Yakker: A sophisticacted and measured poster with a great sense of humour and good timing. I don't know if he has been taking tips directly from KohPhi but he seems like a newer version. He has complimented the crash and bash style usually adopted by recent team mates and tempered it with his more refined style. His media pieces have been first class, in particular his rookie round table stuff. I had Matty number 1 in the rising star but only by a whisker.

EJW: I think the one that comes across as the most thoughtful. Didn't notice him as much in the match thread when we played, but his media work was the clear best of this years crop.

KohPhi: If there was one positive to come out of the D2D period it was that he recruited Matty411 to the Bombers. One thing that stood out about Matty411 was his desire to learn 'on the job' quickly and establish himself within the SFA. Not only has he achieved that, he is well on the way to being a star in the League.
Brilliant and innovative media, excellent bantering skills and a genuine desire to embed himself within the League when others tread warily, Matty411 has shown himself to be a leader in what I believe to be quite simply, an outstanding rookie class of S 25.

Cloud_: You have done your apprenticeship so it's time to step up. Welcome to the Royals. Cloud_'s thinking this
Matty411 mate. You are a rising star in every sense of the word. Even though its two words. I wont ever be able to compete with you in media threads. I dont think i have the ability to even get close to you.

When the theatrical version of s25 is written, you will be a noble or some sort with the ability to destroy any who mock you. While i will be the fool running around EVERYWHERE just wishing to be involved. (While everyone fails to kill me. I will be the on stage cockroach i reckon)

Thanks for all your efforts this year. They have entertained me greatly. I expect big things from you in the future. Which strangely is right now. No wait now... mmmm if both are the future do they cancel each other out to become nothing?

Thanks for the kind words Dingster Yakker Elton Johns Wig and KohPhi - Has been a top year and looking forward to taking my game on n off the field to another level in S26.

Also cheers to the support of my Bombers mates and fellow rooks.

proxy.php

1 - BLERN
176932.jpg

Kicked 4 goals

Ding: A massive grats on being the S25 Rising Star. There really was a bee's dick between 1 and 4 but you got the chocolates on a split decision. Obviously the posts per week is nothing compared to all the other teams you "played for." BLERN was everywhere! I'd but my coffee in the morning from BLERN. BLERN drove me to work. I'd order a pie for lunch and the chick serving was BLERN. I'd take a dump and out came BLERN! At the end of the day I tossed a coin between Matty and BLERN and you guessed it....BLERN stole it the prick.

EJW: The Sweet FA's answer to Eddie McGuire. Absolutely everywhere. And deadset relentless. Also a decent dose of humour. A great season.

Yakker: His team mates at Mt Buller really enjoyed his irreverent and good natured banter. His Dragons team mates were impressed with his quick wit. His Bomber team mates thought his media work was outstanding. BLERN wasn't the quickest out of the blocks but he certainly made up for it once he got his momentum up. A great contributor in nearly every match thread every week.

Woosh: BLERN averaged 56.6 posts in Warrior match threads, posted all season in all media, match threads, werewolf etc…immersed himself in all aspects of the League. He made himself available for interviews and all media asked of him, showed great enthusiasm and enjoyment of the League from day 1.
Posted Round 14 Match Threads and took the time to do a good job. A worthy Rising Star.

Well said guys and well done BLERN - I’ve already expressed my thoughts in PM but well deserved. Now to see if the EKA mirrors this result!

Matty411 mate. You are a rising star in every sense of the word. Even though its two words. I wont ever be able to compete with you in media threads. I dont think i have the ability to even get close to you.

When the theatrical version of s25 is written, you will be a noble or some sort with the ability to destroy any who mock you. While i will be the fool running around EVERYWHERE just wishing to be involved. (While everyone fails to kill me. I will be the on stage cockroach i reckon)

Thanks for all your efforts this year. They have entertained me greatly. I expect big things from you in the future. Which strangely is right now. No wait now... mmmm if both are the future do they cancel each other out to become nothing?
Cheers mate. I might need a new hat after this thread - I fear it’s grown too big! I look forward to reading your fanfic about the story of S25.

On your Question, this kind of deep thinking will cause my mind to overheat. Save some for offseason discussion.

proxy.php

1 - BLERN
176932.jpg

Kicked 4 goals

Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for all your efforts Dingster you have done a fantastic job with this aswell as Elton Johns Wig and Yakker . It just wouldnt have worked without you and all the extra work you have put upon yourself in doing this. You deserve more accolades than you get.

And thanks to the rookies. All off you. Its been a great season and while this might be a highlight for me. Several of you are still chasing after the real highlight in a SFA premiership. I am excited, and eager to see how it ends up. Without all of you i would never have spent so much time on here.

And lastly and most importantly.

Cheers
unnamed (32).gif

Your ability to say something nice in return whilst still no contact from BLERN has been duly noted.

The EKA race isn't over yet BLERN old mate.
Haha it’s all genuine I assure you. Lot of respect amongst this crop. Hell, at this rate any one of us could take out the EKA!

For now, it’s the time I’m for BLERN.

Your ability to say something nice in return whilst still no contact from BLERN has been duly noted.

The EKA race isn't over yet BLERN old mate.
Acknowledging matty was more important than acknowledging myself. I still dont expect to win the EKA. But this has been fantastic to win something.

Im very happy right now

It's Official: Voted Best BLERN on the Rising Star!

Well done BLERN, and to Matty, and well... to all of you! Season 25, you've done extremely well!
I always thought i was the best BLERN this season. But its nice to have it recognised.

All those other BLERNS can ead (i dont mean that. Im sorry if i upset any other BLERNS with my comment)

Acknowledging matty was more important than acknowledging myself. I still dont expect to win the EKA. But this has been fantastic to win something.

Im very happy right now
Shits n giggles fella......really top season. Congrats, but congrats to all of you. A super, super rookie year.

Also, again, massive props to Dingster, great thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back