Media S26 - The Edge - The Ruck Power Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

So who are my biggest challenges in Season 26, speak up if you know you will be playing in the best position a team has, the Ruck.

Lets get the banter started.

I will also challenge my opposing Ruck person each week in the match threads, if they have the courage to accept.
Expect to lose both of your eyes my friend. My straw is ready.

Round 1 - Rucks
Here are the eligible Rucks for the Round 1 Power rankings - updated as teams are released

Warriors - Freofalcon
Wonders - U2tigers
Furies - Tigerturbulance
Royals - GreyCrow
Hawks - The Jesus
Dragons - xenxen
Roys - Runk
Bombers - Matty411
Swamprats - sportsmaniac89
Demons - manangatang
Bears - gym4life
Gumbies - roo2macca

I have to say so far I am disspapointed, it looks like I will be going back to back All SFA this season.

I Implore the Captains to think long and hard on who they select in this very vital position. Select only your best as Ruck.

Last edited:
If that happens the whole competition will be dissapointed
My ego has taken a hit, you are the 2nd person to say that to me in 2 days.

I welcome the Challenge. May all rucks get as many hitouts and goals as they can, just remember if a Ruck takes a mark they are dead to me.

Round 1 - Rucks
Here are the eligible Rucks for the Round 1 Power rankings - updated as teams are released

I Implore the Captains to think long and hard on who they select in this very vital position. Select only your best as Ruck.
Blacky Did

Round 1 - Rucks

Warriors - Freofalcon
Wonders - U2tigers
Furies - Tigerturbulance
Royals - GreyCrow
Hawks - The Jesus

I have to say so far I am disspapointed, it looks like I will be going back to back All SFA this season.

I am the Mark Blicavs of Qooty

ALL-SFA wing to ALL-SFA ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankston Rover

I’m 5’9

Have you really thought this through?

f73774b4bdf402f7f84fcb59edb0d86e--people-photography-best-portrait-photography.jpg

"Wait YOU'RE Freofalcon?!?!?!"

Round 1 'THE EDGE' - RUCK POWER RANKINGS
What better way to start the 'Edge' Ruck power Ranking than with a classic from the man himself. (Especially after trouncing the Wonders copped today)

Enjoy and I will get to the Rankings shortly.

OK so here we are. There is a clear leader after Round 1, with one of the finest rucking performances we have seen for a while. But with that there were clearly some Pathetic performances thrown in, giving captains a lot to think about. Who wants a Spud Rucking for your team?

1 gym4life - Bears - H/O 17 K 14 Mks 0 H/B 22 T 5 Gls 3 B 2 DT 143

What a Monstar performance he had today, but even more impressive is he did it over the reigning S25 All Sweet F.A. Ruckman in U2tigers. He may not have got more Hitouts than U2tigers, but its not likely any Ruck person will, but 36 dispoaslas and 3 gls 2, was a massive help in contributing to the Runaway wins by the Bears. His 143 DT point was
the most by a Ruckman in Round 1

2 Freofalcon - Warriors - H/O 12 K 10 Mks 0 H/B 10 T 7 Gls 1 B 1 DT 100

Freofalcon clinches 2nd on the power rankings after having a good game for a winning side in a massive margin, in which he contributed nicely. 7 Tackles are a good indication that he likes to get involved in the hard stuff. The Warriors will be hoping for more hitouts off the Ruckman in coming weeks. A good first week none the less.

3 U2tigers - Wonders - H/O 20 K 9 Mks 0 H/B 6 T 5 Gls 2 B 0 DT 92

A solid start for the reigning All Sweet F.A. Ruckman, once again leading all Ruck persons in H/O's with 20 in round 1. He may well argue the massive loss to the Bears had little to do with him, but he won't say that as Qooty is a team game. A handy 2 goals were also a highlight for him this week.

4 roo2macca - Gumbies - H/O 16 K 12 Mks 0 H/B 9 T 6 Gls 1 B 0 DT 90

roo2macca just holds out another 3 rucks for the 4th spot, where one could throw a blanket over all of them. Counting against him was playing on a losing side, but he performed admirably himself, also added in the against colum were the 4 FA's he had. But its hard to go past his 16 hitouts and DT score of 90 in a pretty close game.

5 manangatang - Demons - H/O 16 K 8 Mks 0 H/B 6 T 2 Gls 0 B 2 DT 60

In 5th we have the winning ruckman for the win over roo2macca's side. Lets see why he falls behind. He had the same amount of hitouts at 16, but had 7 less posessions then his opponents, and also failed to get a goal, scoring onl 2 behinds. It was a close call but we think we got this right.

6 Tigerturbulance - Furues - H/O 6 K 12 Mks 0 H/B 9 T 0 Gls 2 B 1 DT 73

Coming in 6th we have a winning ruckman for this round, in his battle he finishes on top due to the 2 goals he was able to kick, in helping Furies get the win. As a rookie Ruckman he needs to be made aware that getting Hit Outs is pretty important, and will need to improve on his 6 next week. With more hitouts, he could have jumped a few spots.

7 sportsmaniac89 - Swamprats - H/O 15 K 7 Mks 0 H/B 4 T 3 Gls 0 B 0 DT 57

In a mediocre performance sportsmaniac89 can feel lucky he got the 7th spot, only just beating out 8th. With 15 Hitouts and only 11 disposals will need to lift to keep his Ruck spot. The Swamprats will also be hoping he can hit the scoreboard in coming weeks. The verdict is to give him a few more weeks to improve.

8 xenxen - Dragons - H/O 10 K 10 Mks 0 H/B 8 T 3 Gls 0 B 0 DT 70

Although having better stats then a couple of Ruck persons above her, one just cannot excuse her overall teams performance in the shellacking they got from the Warriors.
xenxen did nicely with 20 disposals, but failed to dominate in the ruck, and on the scoreboard. xenxen is lucky the bottom 4 Ruck persons were dismal today.

Apologies for the following interruption in the rankings

Now it gives me no joy to go to town on the following 4 Ruck persons. I will always champion my fellow rucks, but these performances were diabolical, and if I see a performance like this again I will take it on myself to speak to their captains. How could I rank these 4?

9 Runk - Roys FFC - H/O 5 K 4 Mks 0 H/B 3 T 1 Gls 1 B 1 DT 34

Maybe a bit harsh on Runk, as it was his captains fault for subbing him out halfway through the 2nd qtr. Who knows how he could have gone, but he mustn't have been pleasing his LG group to be subbed out anyway. We should look forward to vast improvement next round.

10 GreyCrow - Royals - H/O 3 K 7 Mks 0 H/B 4 T 1 Gls 0 B 0 DT 38

Being subbed out early in the 4th quarter and playing for a side who smashed their opponents is the only thing that saved him here. 3 hitouts in 3 Qtrs of Qooty is just not good enough. 11 possies and no scoreboard pressure. The only pressure has is the the intense pressure to perform in Round 2.

Now this is a little bit satisfying, as the 2 most vocal to dethrone me comes seasons end produced Angus Graham type performances.

11 Matty411 - Bombers - H/O 6 K 7 Mks 0 H/B 9 T 0 Gls 1 B 1 DT 49

What can one say except to say how disappointing Matty411 had in a well beaten side. Matty can hold his head up as at least he kicked one of his sides only goals.
Matty has proven himself, and the Bombers will persist.

12 The Jesus -Hawks - H/O 4 K 9 Mks 0 H/B 5 T 2 Gls 0 B 0 DT 47

Much like the Bombers Ruckman, this performance in a losing side is an abberation, and The Jesus still has credits in the bank. 4 Hitouts in a game - Wow I didn't know that was possible. The Jesus should take this performance and use it to motivate him for the rest of the season.

Wrap - up

Well thats a wrap - Ruck persons will now move up and down the order from here. Remember if a mark is taken a Ruck will automatically move down to the bottom, regardless of how well they have done to date.

I look forward to Round 2, and for the Rucks everywhere -

Quote - All Sweet F.A. Ruck Person U2tigers " To all the Rucks out there - You are the true heart and soul of your Qooty team. May you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true."

gym4life did not back down once during that match thread and backed it up on the field. An all-time Sweet FA performance.

My ego has taken a hit, you are the 2nd person to say that to me in 2 days.

I welcome the Challenge. May all rucks get as many hitouts and goals as they can, just remember if a Ruck takes a mark they are dead to me.
giphy.gif

Might as well give me the all-SFA ruck spot right now because I’m the best qooty player of this lot, and I’m definitely the best poster.
Takes note, and surely this comment must be considered when gym4life drops down the order next round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back