Media S26 - The Edge - The Ruck Power Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

541583_fb23dabd873eb6c882748803c1b83990.png

No point posting any other stats this week

Shame you took a mark last week.

You know whats coming.

It is my very sad duty, and with a lot of dissapointment, that I have to let you all know that 3 Rucks are not playing by the rules and spirit that 'The Edge' award is all about.

I don't care if it is 1 mark or 5, A ruck person catching a Qootball is against everything a Ruck person stands for.

Time to name and shame.

Taking 1 x mark this week we had the current leader of the Power Rankings gym4life and also sportsmaniac89 .

And taking 5 x marks we had manangatang .

Down the bottom they shall go.

I should have the Round 3 power ranking done up by tomorrow afternoon.

You know whats coming.

It is my very sad duty, and with a lot of dissapointment, that I have to let you all know that 3 Rucks are not playing by the rules and spirit that 'The Edge' award is all about.

I don't care if it is 1 mark or 5, A ruck person catching a Qootball is against everything a Ruck person stands for.

Time to name and shame.

Taking 1 x mark this week we had the current leader of the Power Rankings gym4life and also sportsmaniac89 .

And taking 5 x marks we had manangatang .

Down the bottom they shall go.

I should have the Round 3 power ranking done up by tomorrow afternoon.
I was swapped by the sim. SWAPPED I TELLS YA.

Round 3 'THE EDGE' - RUCK POWER RANKINGS

gMMRh8Kk7h7AZiZSERJjZF.jpg

So welcome to the Round 3 Power Rankings.

1 roo2macca - Gumbies - UP 1

Rd 3 H/O 14 K 12 Mks 0 H/B 5 T 5 Gls 1 B 1 DT 88

Total H/O 45 K 36 Mks 0 H/B 20 T 14 Gls 3 B 2 DT AVG 86.3

Roo2macca is no longer the dark horse in the run for the power rankings, one could not be as consistent if one tried. With DT scores of 81, 90 and 88 proving that point. He is yet to have a bad game and is a deserved leader of the Power Ranking at this time. The one to beat right now..

2 U2tigers - Wonders – UP 2

Rd 3 H/O 12 K 11 Mks 0 H/B 10 T 1 Gls 2 B 0 DT 74

Total H/O 48 K 35 Mks 0 H/B 22 T 6 Gls 4 B 0 DT AVG 79.3

U2tigers continues to lead the all-important Hit outs stats for the Rucks, but the gap has closed a little. U2tigers had a memorable game this round, by showing he is a big game player. With the Wonders 2 points behind with less than a minute to go U2tigers kicked a ripper of a goal to get the Wonders their first win of the season. U2tigers is happy to tell everyone to watch the last 10 minutes of play, as it must come close to one of the best 10 minutes of Qootball for a long time.

3 xenxen - Dragons - UP 4

Rd 3 H/O 14 K 14 Mks 0 H/B 8 T 6 Gls 1 B 0 DT 104

Total H/O 36 K 32 Mks 0 H/B 27 T 10 Gls 2 B 0 DT AVG 78.6

Another win for the Dragons and another win for xenxen over her opponent. When you start to play well, and are consistently doing it, it surely means xenxen is happy with her output for the Dragon’s. More of the same is expected in the coming weeks.

4 The Jesus -Hawks - UP 2

Rd 3 H/O 12 K 14 Mks 0 H/B 5 T 2 Gls 0 B 2 DT 76

Total H/O 36 K 37 Mks 0 H/B 22 T 4 Gls 2 B 3 DT AVG 75.3

The Jesus, although not unhappy with his performance, would still be disappointed he couldn’t do more in trying to get the Hawks the win. He was beaten by his direct opponent this week, however still has a reasonable game himself stats wise. The Jesus is however starting to find his consistency, and is very confident in his own ability, so watch out fellow ruck persons.

5 Tigerturbulance - Furies – DOWN 2

Rd 3 H/O 9 K 7 Mks 0 H/B 2 T 5 Gls 0 B 1 DT 49

Total H/O 35 K 30 Mks 0 H/B 30 T 8 Gls 3 B 3 DT AVG 70.6

An impressive Ruck showing for Tigerturbulance, as the furies gave the Bombers their second flogging of the season. It looks like a BOG for Tigerturbulance is on the cards, as he faces U2Tigers and the Wonders in the 3rd round. A ruck person to watch out for in the coming weeks.

6 Runk (rd 1), Broken (rd 2-3) - Roys FFC - UP 2

Rd 3 H/O 13 K 13 Mks 0 H/B 5 T 4 Gls 0 B 3 DT 74

Total H/O 29 K 27 Mks 0 H/B 26 T 7 Gls 3 B 6 DT AVG 67.3

Another decent week from Broken, where he was one of his team’s best in the win against the Royals. It would be good to see him hit the scoreboard a little more and fix his inaccuracy in front of goals, where this week he kicked 3 behinds.

7 Freofalcon - Warriors - UP 5

Rd 3 H/O 12 K 19 Mks 0 H/B 11 T 6 Gls 2 B 2 DT 130

Total H/O 27 K 37 Mks 5 H/B 33 T 15 Gls 3 B 3 DT AVG 99.3

Freofalcon put the disappointment of last week behind him to be BOG in the Warriors big win over the Hawks. Freofalcon couldn’t have made any more of a statement in response, getting 130 DT points for the rounds. Freofalcon would be looking to impose himself around the stoppages however, to really improve his game.

8 Matty411 - Bombers - UP 1

Rd 3 H/O 17 K 15 Mks 0 H/B 8 T 2 Gls 0 B 1 DT 81

Total H/O 35 K 28 Mks 0 H/B 26 T 3 Gls 1 B 2 DT AVG 61.3

A much improved week from Matty411, however it was not enough to help get the Bombers their first win of the season. 17 hit outs for the week nearly doubled his hot outs for the season, and he would be relieved he has started to step things up. 23 possessions is also another good sign that Matt411 is starting to hit some form, now the Bombers just need a win.

9 GreyCrow - Royals - UP 2

Rd 3 H/O 9 K 13 Mks 0 H/B 6 T 3 Gls 0 B 1 DT 77

Total H/O 17 K 21 Mks 0 H/B 10 T 6 Gls 0 B 1 DT AVG 43.6

A much improved week for GreyCrow. Still a long way to reach the top in the Power rankings, but has improved each round. Whatever he did to appease the Qooty Gods has worked, as he finally got a full game in without being subbed out.

10 gym4life - Bears – DOWN 9

Rd 3 H/O 9 K 14 Mks 1 H/B 10 T 1 Gls 2 B 1 DT 89

Total H/O 35 K 37 Mks 1 H/B 38 T 4 Gls 5 B 3 DT AVG 97

gym4life would be angry as hell right now, but he has only got his captain to blame. He was having a decent game until JoshWoodenSpoon thinks a good idea to swap places with gym4life in the ruck at the 18 min mark of the 2nd qtr. What a mistake this would be, with gym4life then committing the sin of taking a mark. “Thanks captain ‘The Edge’ is gone” , I heard gym4life screaming in the rooms at half time. Let’s hope gym4life can get back up the ranking soon.

11 manangatang - Demons - DOWN 6

Rd 3 H/O 3 K 9 Mks 5 H/B 8 T 2 Gls 1 B 1 DT 74

Total H/O 28 K 27 Mks 5 H/B 24 T 5 Gls 2 B 2 DT AVG 67.6

Manangatang would be more disappointed by most, regarding being subbed by the coach and sim. Manangatang was swapped out in the 7th minute of the 1st qtr, and after that he was always going to catch a Qooty, so he did what anyone else did, and went ahead and caught 5 of them in a bid to try and help his team to get across the line. Sadly the Demons weren’t able to do it, in the close but large scoring affair. He will be looking to get a full game in the ruck next round.

12 sportsmaniac89 - Swamprats - DOWN 2

Rd 3 H/O 5 K 10 Mks 1 H/B 8 T 1 Gls 0 B 0 DT 58

Total H/O 23 K 18 Mks 1 H/B 17 T 8 Gls 1 B 0 DT AVG 51

Sportsmaniac89 would be disappointed with himself for catching the Qooty last round, but he would surely be angry at the SIM for subbing himm out and allowing this to happen. This is the 2nd time he hasn’t been allowed to play a full game in the ruck. As the lowest ranked player to catch a Qooty, he moves down to 12th spot, but at least there is a lot of time to climb back up the ladder.

Wrap - up

So that concludes Round 3, where the dissapointment of 3 x Rucks committing the Sin of catching a Qootball can be left behind us now.

We are the Most important players on a Qootball team, lets not forget to remind the Sweet F.A. of this whenever we can.

Good Luck for All Ruck Persons in Round 4

Quote - All Sweet F.A. Ruck Person U2tigers " To all the Rucks out there - You are the true heart and soul of your Qooty team. May you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true."

10 gym4life - Bears – DOWN 9

Rd 3 H/O 9 K 14 Mks 1 H/B 10 T 1 Gls 2 B 1 DT 89

Total H/O 35 K 37 Mks 1 H/B 38 T 4 Gls 5 B 3 DT AVG 97

gym4life would be angry as hell right now, but he has only got his captain to blame. He was having a decent game until JoshWoodenSpoon thinks a good idea to swap places with gym4life in the ruck at the 18 min mark of the 2nd qtr. What a mistake this would be, with gym4life then committing the sin of taking a mark. “Thanks captain ‘The Edge’ is gone” , I heard gym4life screaming in the rooms at half time. Let’s hope gym4life can get back up the ranking soon.
A necessary handicap if this 'contest' is to remain at all interesting season-long. Expect a couple more of these maneuvers periodically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it is. I used my ranking in a discussion with my opponent today :D
Good Stuff, I love having a Ruck rivalry with my opponents.

Give a topic to go back to if the match thread needs a boost.

Round 4 - Rucks

No Change

Warriors - Freofalcon
Wonders - U2tigers
Furies - Tigerturbulance
Royals - GreyCrow
Hawks - The Jesus
Dragons - xenxen
Roys - Runk (rd1) Broken (rd2-3)
Swamprats - sportsmaniac89
Demons - manangatang
Bears - gym4life
Gumbies - roo2macca
Bombers - Matty411

Be honest here.

Is there enough interest in this to keep it going?

I reckon most season long pieces will struggle throughout mid year. But stick with it! I think this is a great concept and I would love to see the end product.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back