Remove this Banner Ad

gym4life

Norm Smith Medallist
Melbourne Bolts Player - BFFCL Pokemon is Life
May 22, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The Thread for Ruck Persons of the SFA.

I know everyone in the SFA is frustrated and angered about the lack of attention The Ruck People in the SFA recieve in the SFA. Lets be honest its a disgrace, and should have been rectified seasons ago.

Well thats about to change, I feel its my job as the All SFA Ruckperson of season 26, to champion the Rucks into Season 26 and beyond.

Before I go into the details, this award needs a name. So no matter how corny this is I am naming this award THE LEDGE (had to get a G4L pic in somehow)
upload_2018-9-10_16-17-19.jpeg

HOW THIS WILL WORK

1. The first Power Rankings list will be posted after round 7, where all ruck persons listed in team line-ups in the match threads will be ranked. The stats that will be used to rank this award will be a mixture of hitouts, Goals, Marks and DT score. If the team wins and the Ruckperson has had a big influence, that will also have a big impact, also if the team lost and the Ruck person had a poor game. (All rankings are decided by me and me alone)

2. There will only be 12 listed in the power ranks, so the Ruck/s will be tied to their team. By this I mean if a team names a new ruckperson a few weeks into the season, that Ruck will be joined with the previous ruck of that team. eg. poster 1/poster 2 - Royals

3. MARKS ENCOURAGED - If a starting Ruckperson is subbed in a game, and moved into another postion, and subsequently takes a mark in that game, it is an automatic boost to the team and the Ruck/s from that team will be affected positively in the Power Rankings regardless of how poorly he has played all season. I know this is kind, but its the SFA afterall and a Ruck should be able to be an all-round asset on the field.

To all the Ruck Persons of the SFA - Good luck in Season 26.

The Thread for Ruck Persons of the SFA.

I know everyone in the SFA is frustrated and angered about the lack of attention The Ruck People in the SFA recieve in the SFA. Lets be honest its a disgrace, and should have been rectified seasons ago.

Well thats about to change, I feel its my job as the All SFA Ruckperson of season 26, to champion the Rucks into Season 26 and beyond.

Before I go into the details, this award needs a name. So no matter how corny this is I am naming this award THE LEDGE (had to get a G4L pic in somehow)
View attachment 556992

HOW THIS WILL WORK

1. The first Power Rankings list will be posted after round 7, where all ruck persons listed in team line-ups in the match threads will be ranked. The stats that will be used to rank this award will be a mixture of hitouts, Goals, Marks and DT score. If the team wins and the Ruckperson has had a big influence, that will also have a big impact, also if the team lost and the Ruck person had a poor game. (All rankings are decided by me and me alone)

2. There will only be 12 listed in the power ranks, so the Ruck/s will be tied to their team. By this I mean if a team names a new ruckperson a few weeks into the season, that Ruck will be joined with the previous ruck of that team. eg. poster 1/poster 2 - Royals

3. MARKS ENCOURAGED - If a starting Ruckperson is subbed in a game, and moved into another postion, and subsequently takes a mark in that game, it is an automatic boost to the team and the Ruck/s from that team will be affected positively in the Power Rankings regardless of how poorly he has played all season. I know this is kind, but its the SFA afterall and a Ruck should be able to be an all-round asset on the field.

To all the Ruck Persons of the SFA - Good luck in Season 26.

WTF is this.

Lol, I posted thinking this was 'The Edge' thread before.

Rucks dont catch a Qootball.

Round 7 Power Rankings
1 - gym4life - Bears

Rd 7 H/O 7 K 12 Mks 6 H/B 17 T 0 Gls 3 B 1 DT 114

Total H/O 89 K 76 Mks 7 H/B 84 T 11 Gls 10 B 6 DT AVG 89.9

Another fantastic display from the best player in the league, despite being moved to the half forward flank he still managed to grind out huge numbers. I expect he will be at the top of the rankings for a long time and not just because I do them.
2 - roo2macca - Gumbies

Rd 7 H/O 11 K 8 Mks 0 H/B 7 T 1 Gls 0 B 0 DT 53

Total H/O 97 K 84 Mks 0 H/B 62 T 27 Gls 8 B 3 DT AVG 87.6

Roo2macca had his quietest week this season, but is it a case of getting his poor performance out the way, so he can get back to dominating. Roo2macca drops 2 spots in the DT averages this season but is still in 4th spot. Its amazing that Rucks fill 3of the top 4 spots in that stat. roo2macca won’t be to concerned in what is only a very minor blip on the radar, to a very good season.

3 Freofalcon - Warriors

Rd 7 H/O 5 K 9 Mks 0 H/B 9 T 7 Gls 1 B 1 DT 82

Total H/O 66 K 83 Mks 5 H/B 79 T 35 Gls 7 B 6 DT AVG 98.8

Freofalcon remains in 1st in the Sweet F.A. this season. Even when subbed he still gets opportunities in other positions, this week only playing 82% game time, but still scoring well. The criticism is , and I continue to ask, is Freofalcon a Midfielder pretending to be a Ruck? Regardless the answer Freofalcon is on fire this season.

4 The Jesus -Hawks

Rd 7 H/O 1 K 11 Mks 0 H/B 5 T 2 Gls 0 B 1 DT 54

Total H/O 76 K 78 Mks 0 H/B 46 T 12 Gls 5 B 6 DT AVG 77.9

The Jesus is another Ruck to be screwed by the Sim this week, but as you can expect ‘The Jesus’ will never commit a Sin. The Jesus would be looking forward to moving onto round 8. The Jesus did still play 93% of game time this week.

5 Tigerturbulance - Furies –

Rd 7 H/O 18 K 15 Mks 0 H/B 9 T 5 Gls 1 B 0 DT 106

Total H/O 83 K 71 Mks 0 H/B 52 T 20 Gls 13 B 2 DT AVG 77.0

Arguably the in form ruck of the competition. Tigerturbulance just keeps closing the gap on the 3 Rucks above him, and after this round is set to pass them in the coming rounds, if his form continues. What a great match he had against the Demons Ruck last round, a clash for the ages.

6 Runk (rd 1), Broken (rd 2-7) - Roys FFC

Rd 6 H/O 19 K 13 Mks 0 H/B 13 T 2 Gls 2 B 2 DT 106

Total H/O 91 K 64 Mks 0 H/B 74 T 13 Gls 8 B 10 DT AVG 74.1

A massive 2 weeks for Broken, with 39 hit outs in the last 2 rounds, his form earning him a well-deserved spot in the TOTW squad. Unfortunately his massive game for the Roys wasn’t enough to get the win for his team, but what is a Ruck to do when the dumbarse midfielders are crap.

7 manangatang - Demons

Rd 7 H/O 17 K 12 Mks 0 H/B 9 T 5 Gls 1 B 2 DT 99

Total H/O 77 K 61 Mks 5 H/B 62 T 12 Gls 6 B 6 DT AVG 70.3

Another good round for Manangatang in a very close win over the Furies. In what could have been the best Ruck duel this season, neither ruck won the battle. Manangatang will be hoping his form continues this week against the Wonders, whose Ruck person is in serious crisis.

8 xenxen - Dragons

Rd 7 H/O 11 K 11 Mks 0 H/B 10 T 4 Gls 1 B 0 DT 81

Total H/O 57 K 55 Mks 3 H/B 47 T 20 Gls 3 B 0 DT AVG 70.0

Another reasonable game from xenxen this round, unfortunately not enough to get her side the win this round in what was a close affair. Performances like this won’t trouble those at the top of the power Rankings.

9 sportsmaniac89 - Swamprats

Rd 7 H/O 15 K 16 Mks 0 H/B 7 T 0 Gls 1 B 1 DT 84

Total H/O 56 K 53 Mks 1 H/B 48 T 19 Gls 2 B 4 DT AVG 68.4

sportsmaniac89 claimed victory in the Avatar challenge he had with U2tigers, but maybe not the way he wanted, after U2tigers was subbed out early. Sportsmaniac89 had a decent game in his sides close loss to the Wonders. He would be happy his form is improving week to week, and he is trending upwards in the Power rankings.

10 Matty411 - Bombers

Rd 7 H/O 13 K 15 Mks 0 H/B 8 T 3 Gls 0 B 4 DT 86

Total H/O 74 K 73 Mks 2 H/B 60 T 14 Gls 4 B 7 DT AVG 69.7

Matty411 performed better last round, however the Bombers still failed to get the win. Is Matty411 a little bit at fault kicking 4 behinds for the day. Matty411 kicks those goals the Bombers win, as simple as that.

11 GreyCrow - Royals

Rd 7 H/O 19 K 11 Mks 0 H/B 8 T 5 Gls 1 B 2 DT 100

Total H/O 67 K 58 Mks 1 H/B 53 T 14 Gls 2 B 5 DT AVG 61.7

What a way to bounce back. GreyCrow put the debacle that was round 6, to show how a Ruck should perform, 19 Hit outs and 100 DT points is a good week for any Ruck. Is this the week we see GreyCrow start his move upwards.

12 U2tigers - Wonders

Rd 7 H/O 4 K 5 Mks 2 H/B 5 T 2 Gls 1 B 0 DT 46

Total H/O 84 K 63 Mks 2 H/B 56 T 16 Gls 8 B 0 DT AVG 70.6

What can U2tigers say, except SORRY to the whole Ruck fraternity. Season 26 is not the season he was hoping for to follow up the huge season he had in S25. Hes been out of form for the last 3-4 weeks, and must be wondering why the Sim is doing this to him. He vows to fight harder then ever to finish the season strongly. Ruour has it that U2tigers might be in trouble keeping his spot in a Wonders side this week, in what is now a talent filled side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back