Competition S27 SFA Qooty Tipping - well done Woosh!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm IN.

I will flip a coin for every single match.

CAN RANDOMNESS WIN A TIPPING COMP?
Surely you have some complex algorithm being the Sweet F.A's resident stats man? :think:

Surely you have some complex algorithm being the Sweet F.A's resident stats man? :think:
Like I've regularly pointed out, I don't posts stats that are useful.

But everyone basically has an even chance of winning because it's all random.

Like I've regularly pointed out, I don't posts stats that are useful.

But everyone basically has an even chance of winning because it's all random.
This is where margin will be helpful.

untitled-1-png.595169

Each round, the tipster who records the best tipping result (if multiple posters land on the same number of tips,
margin of the MOTR will be used to find a winner) will win the opportunity to select an avatar for the person who has
the worst tipping result for that same round. This avatar is to be carried like a millstone of shame for one whole week,
and squibs will be frowned upon.
zWRtRBC.png

I'm gonna find the mean and standard deviations of scores from Season 26, find a suitable distribution and then take a random sample of it every time.
Would that not be a helpful and practical application of statistics? I dunno, but it feels like you're breaching your own principles here.

Something to think about.

Would that not be a helpful and practical application of statistics? I dunno, but it feels like you're breaching your own principles here.

Something to think about.
Helpful to me only.

In.
Although I have a bad feeling this thread will end up like Wooshette's predictions thread and no one will get badges.
Um yes they will as soon as Im done with holidays and get time to count..I had to wait for the beez to finish. I ws also intending to do the thread again this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

manangatang, I strongly suggest that you make the cutoff for entering tips the Thursday night team sheet deadline. It reduces the chances of simmers winning ;)

Thanks dude. I might need to drop it in as a picture in future anyway, as it doesn’t allow me to scroll it on my phone.
I can see it but can’t scroll either.

manangatang, I strongly suggest that you make the cutoff for entering tips the Thursday night team sheet deadline. It reduces the chances of simmers winning ;)
I think I did change it to that in the OP didn’t I? I’d already got the hot tip on that.

I'll play and defend my title from forty seasons ago.

Aaaaand I'll just pre-select the home team for every match with a margin of 13 for every MOTR if that's okay. :innocent:
Sounds like a legit system. Consider it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back