Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1549798653032-png.617441

* Kudos to Barrybran for the great graphics work

* Kudos to Ant Bear for creating this great award back in Season 23

Welcome to this Seasons prestigious Rising Star Award .....A very recent award introduction to the SFA Honor Board, but gathering momentum in it's status

Previous Winners of the Rising Star:
S23 - Elton Johns Wig
S24 - Yakker
S25 - BLERN
S26 - Cadaver

S27 Rookies are priveledged to be joining one of the Premier Fantasy Leagues ....starting as wet nosed doe's ...your challenge is to quickly learn the inner workings of the League ...and you can be enjoying the success of an SFA Grand Final

As you read this OP ....watch this video & get excited about the opportunity you've been provided.... you've been selected from the 100's of applicants who applied to join the SFA

About the Rising Star

The criterion for this award is a combination of on field performances via the Qooty Sim & DT Points accumulated ...... combined with your off field performance, both in Matchday Posting, but also in the various Media Threads that occur during the week.

Each Week, a panel of notable Qooty Illuminaries will dissect each Rookies performance and announce a Weekly Rising Star

On the completion of the Home and Away season, A rising Star awards night will be held to honour not only this seasons Rising Star, but the whole Rookie Class for Season 27.

Your Judging Panel for S27 is:

The Chairperson is the respected Barrybran ....and his trusty sidekick & stats man Cadaver

The Committe also welcomes FinBar19 grumbleguts Sab22 TheInjuryFactory and WaynesWorld19 ....who in conjunction with Barry and Cadaver will discuss, assess, and dissect the rookies

Each Week our respected panel members FinBar19 grumbleguts and myself will use our Qooty IQ to interview the Weekly Rising Star Winner ....hard hitting interviews, getting to the heart of what the SFA really want to know about them

May I present the Rookie Class of S27: UPDATED 21st Feb

Baghdad Bombers: ......... CJMB / CazC30

Coney Island Warriors:....... leobarryustar / harry000

Dragons FFC: ...................AceAndy / SaltPeter / Bluella / Andrew Birch / PeanutButter Pies / Cold Sober

East Side Hawks:............. ArdentEagle / Snake_Baker

Fighting Furies:................ Edmund hunt / UAWM / Carson Dial / TigerTime_89

Gold City Royals:................ Nil

Gumbies FFC:.................... snozulu / Orasia Fantazio / Vdubs / THE THIN MAN / acuguy / Brick Loosener / Huntercrow

Las Vegas Bears:................ Thomas2 / Ressies BushPig

Mount Buller Demons:.......... Callums_Guns / Shokunin

Roys FFC:........................... el Tel

Sin City Swamprats: .............Nil@

West Coast Wonders:.............Nil

May I Recognise S26 Committee:

Last season, that legendary & supreme organiser of people U2tigers hosted Round table discussions including SFA guns BLERN, GotTheGoodes and Matty411. To continue their great work from Season 25 Dingster, Yakker and Elton Johns Wig popped in to provide Expert comments.

Congratulations to this committee ....we, the Committee of S27, hope to emulate & build upon your great work !

Last edited:
Last edited:
Rising Star Statistical Analysis

Round 1 ......Full Stats Analysis by Cadaver
Hitouts: No one :(
Kicks: ArdentEagle with 12
Handballs: salt Peter with 10
Disposals: ArdentEagle with 21
Marks: Orasia Fantazio with 7
Tackles: Edmund hunt with 7
Frees For: AceAndy and salt Peter with 3 each
Goals: PeanutButter Pies with 4
Dream Team: ArdentEagle with 92
Exie: ArdentEagle with 113
Round 2 .....Full Stats Analysis by Cadaver
Hitouts: TigerTime_89 (FUR) with 6
Kicks: SaltPeter (DRA) with 15
Handballs: AceAndy (DRA) with 17
Disposals: AceAndy (DRA) with 29
Marks: snozulu (GUM) with 6
Tackles: Edmund hunt (FUR) with 6
Frees For: multiple with 1
Goals: harry000 (CIW) with 4.1
Dream Team: AceAndy (DRA) with 97
Exie: AceAndy (DRA) with 105

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

Round 8

Round 9

Round 10

Round 11

Last edited:

1549798653032-png.617441

May I Recognise S26 Committee:

Last season the S26 committee hosted Round table discussions including SFA guns BLERN, GotTheGoodes and Matty411. To continue their great work from Season 25 Dingster, Yakker and Elton Johns Wig popped in to provide Expert comments.

Congratulations to this committee ....we, the Committee of S27, hope to emulate & build upon your great work !

Just highlighting my outrage at receiving NIL credit for last season.

Just highlighting my outrage at receiving NIL credit for last season.
Let me explain ......I had the format in a certain way, your name was definitely there ....but then the Draft was appraised & it was felt we would word it similar to your post last year ......but hey Dumbarse, you left yourself off the committee :p

I simply took your post (below) and modified it to be better :p .....well, I may have inadvertantly left off the "I will host" part of the paragraph :oops: ......will you take an written apology & a highlighted ammendment to the OP

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/s26-sweet-f-a-rising-star.1200033/

Last edited:
Well done team. Great to see you continue on the past efforts of EJW, Dingster, U2, GTG and myself over the past few seasons.

Do it proud and get your names out there. I shall watch on with interest.

There's no fleas on you Matty !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close to R1 & at best count we have 19 Rookies .....divided by 12 teams, is 1.5 Rookies per club

Hopefully we still have some new blood to come .... Dingster any updates?

Captains, get your pen & pads at the ready
Team lists are in so here we are.

We know this .....but we're after the behind the scenes goss on potential Rookie additions ......you can tell me, no-one's reading this thread anyway
Nyotta!

Imagine being a new faced rookie, popping your cherry so to say with an excellent performance/posting, and then being rewarded with an interview by these posters: FinBar19 grumbleguts and WaynesWorld19.

You all do realise the goal is to make rookies want to stay right?

Imagine being a new faced rookie, popping your cherry so to say with an excellent performance/posting, and then being rewarded with an interview by these posters: FinBar19 grumbleguts and WaynesWorld19.

You all do realise the goal is to make rookies want to stay right?
Who better to analyze a rookie ....myself, battered & beaten by bullies as a young naive rookie .....my tale of survival against the odds, ideally places me to understand the trials of a young Rookie

The committee meetings will be a bit awkward, round table discussions will be tougher as I'm on ignore with another committee member ....so we'll need the services of an interpreter / middleman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back