Media S27 The Edge - Ruck Rankings

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
The Edge Logo.png

It’s the dawn of a new season. Hope springs eternal in every ruck – our hopes are as high as our leaps.

Every ruck wishes to show aggression, skill and thirst for the contest. There are no squibs among us (well maybe one or two, but I won’t name names). We are a band of outcasts – misunderstood and besmirched by the broader SFA community.

But this is a position of honour and prestige. Our impact on games is proven (
thanks to grumbleguts) and is measurable not only in hitouts and height, but also in match outcomes.

We deserve to recognise the strength of the league’s giants – to celebrate living our lives on the fringes and making *tonnes of impact on Qooty matches.

Is it a circlejerk? Absolutely. Are we worthy? You know it.

This is why the concept of The Edge has been carried on for S27. The brainchild of U2tigers will see a slightly different format this year. The idea of ranking our rucks will be continued, although with a new and improved formula:

• Each round, each ruck will be given a ‘RUCKING IMPACT SCORE’ (RIS). This is a complex rating score calculated using black voodoo*.
  • We’ll aim to have a quick write-up each week on spectacular rucking performances and leave the floor open for our fallen rucks to seek an abnormally large shoulder to cry on.
  • Tigerturbulance will generally be a pest, using his superior interviewing skills to get into the minds of our rucks.
  • Everyone who has at least one hitout in any given round will be included on our list (including usurpers, part timers and short people).
  • The RIS will be updated each week, with a rolling tally to help show the relative impact of each ruck across the course of the season.
  • At the end of the season, the ruck with the highest RIS will be deemed the winner and will be able to bathe in the pungent gooey liquid glory of winning the inaugural THE EDGE trophy.
BEHOLD...

The Edge Trophy Banner.png

Of course, non-rucks are welcomed in here (we can’t keep the dirt people out sadly), but we reserve the right to go full ruck on you if your behaviour isn’t up to scratch. The Jesus will * YOU UP.

Good luck to all of my ruck brothers and sisters in S27. Rest easy in the knowledge that the true impact of our presence in this league is measurable (unlike others).

*It’s really going to use a simple formula where I’m allocating ‘points’ based on your stats for each round. The formula includes positive points accumulated for hitouts and tackles (higher weighting), possessions and scoring impact (lower weighting). It contains a strongly negative points accumulation for marks, which are the ruck devil. There’s also talk of adding points for the new stat (ruck contests won differential), but we’ll consult with the stats gods.

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Firstly its great to see manangatang keep 'The Edge' well and truly alive.

The Rucks do deserve a place to Circlejerk.

I will say though, the OP really needed a pic of the great man.

1549591037287.png

I look forward to following this thread, and hopefully its because I am amongst the Rucking fraternity, and kicking your asses.

However if I am not, I will leave you with this.

"To all the Rucks out there - You are the true heart and soul of your Qooty team. May you Ruck with purpose, and your Rucking stay true."

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I look forward to rotating my ruckpersons, causing untold hours of extra work.
Nah; it won't inconvenience me in the least. I've got all the time in the world.

It just means you're depriving your team of consistency in the most important position of all.

Go for it I say. See what The Jesus has to say about it.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Nah; it won't inconvenience me in the least. I've got all the time in the world.

It just means you're depriving your team of consistency in the most important position of all.

Go for it I say. See what The Jesus has to say about it.
The Jesus, please preach your learnings.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I don't have the time to piss in my own pocket.
It really doesn’t take that long. Simply flop it out and piss in the general pocket direction.

I think you’re just poor at prioritising your time.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Unlikely. I'm suffering All-SFA PTSD.
Oh. Well this is awkward.

But you're in my Superqoach team. I need you to get back on that rucking horse and ruck your way back into the team.

Back