Official Match Thread S28 R15 Baghdad Bombers v Gold City Royals at Stadio Olimpico, Roma, Italia

Spectators Tickets Here

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

BOMvsGCR.png

StadioOlimpicoCrop.png.jpg

Welcome to Round 15, International/Remembrance Day Round. Each game is hosted in an overseas country and is a great opportunity for players and Qoaching staff alike to experience a new culture and create lifelong friendships and ties. We also commemorate our fallen military comrades as Remembrance Day is on the day after the match.

You may be surprised that the Bombers’ ‘home’ game is not being held at their ancestral home in the middle of the desert, with camels, opium, and burqa-clad women waiting for their husbands to return from the oil fields. No, in fact we are in beautiful Rome, Italy, where the pizza has no pineapple and the spaghetti is oilier than Blacky’s hair. Antonio BlueVein must feel right at home, in saying that, he doesn’t enjoy cannoli so is he a real Italian?! KohPhi might give him a run for his money in those stakes, as he made Bolognese sauce from scratch at Easter for his famiglia. One thing’s for sure, we know who ate all the tiramisu on the plane over…

Whilst Italy is not part of the Commonwealth, they too of course have a day dedicated to their armed forces personnel and it happens to be today, the 4th of November. Players may choose to pay their respects at ceremonies in various piazze across Rome, and unite with our Italian amici. Lest We Forget.

1200px-Altar_della_Patria_September_2015-1.jpg

LAST TIME THEY MET….
First Elimination Final S27: Gold City Royals 17.5 (107) lost to Baghdad Bombers 19.14 (128)
Close but no cigar for the Royals.

CURRENT LADDER POSITION
Bombers – LLLLL and lost to Swamprats last week, keeping their wooden spoon nightmares very much alive.
Royals – LLWWL 7th place and lost to Gumbies last week.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
Bombers:

CALL ME SNAKE delivered on the wing last week, with 25 disposals, 5 marks and even a goal, obtaining 90 DT points, the most for his team. Someone from the Royals might need to cut off this saucy snake's head.
Whilst WFL had a quieter game last week, he is #1 in kicks for his team. There aren't many Bombers players in the top ten stats so this is something to celebrate.

Royals:
Looking at last round’s stats, the Royals have quite an outstanding outfit, with multiple possession getters and goals coming from all over the joint.
McEvoy – Last week she had 30 disposals, including 19 handballs! This winger sure knows how to play Qooty. Keep an eye on her as the Royals aim to keep their finals hopes alive.
brahj – number one in tackles for the league and 6th in Frees For, surely there is a correlation here? Bombers might want to watch their backs.

PREDICTION
Royals by 5 in a nail-biter.

Captains, please have your team sheets in by 11:59pm ADST Thursday 7th November 2019. Grazie!

Anyone know how to build stuff? I'm thinking of buying a property in the Italian countryside for 1 Euro but don't for the life of me have any building/carpentry/reno skills. I'll have a budget of about 50k. Just think, if we get it done by this time next season, we can take a detour from Rome to my new shack and have all the wine and cheese and fruit one could want. You can help too, Royals, if you want. You will just be capped at one bottle of wine each.

I'd ask for your expertise, Tony Lynn 15, but the team you've built this season has got us primed for the wooden spoon...

Hi bombers

Looking forward to a week of Bagh dad jokes

I’ll start

Did you hear about why the restaurant on the moon got bad reviews?

Everyone said it had no atmosphere
Only because nobody came to my birthday party :(
Oh well - I had my cake and ate it too

Anyone know how to build stuff? I'm thinking of buying a property in the Italian countryside for 1 Euro but don't for the life of me have any building/carpentry/reno skills. I'll have a budget of about 50k. Just think, if we get it done by this time next season, we can take a detour from Rome to my new shack and have all the wine and cheese and fruit one could want. You can help too, Royals, if you want. You will just be capped at one bottle of wine each.

I'd ask for your expertise, Tony Lynn 15, but the team you've built this season has got us primed for the wooden spoon...
You back off from that wooden spoon. That is mine. Go on, get back up the ladder.

Ah yes the Royals.

The SIM's way of saying Bombers we have punished you all season because we don't like you. We have given you shitty results all season and last week you got smashed and can no longer make the finals. Your season has ended prematurely so to celebrate here have a ******* week with the Royals.

Thanks SFA and by the way, go * yourself.

Tony xoxo.

I have a couple of Asian friends that could do it. Dirt cheap and no need for any pesky permits or red tape. They are fruit picking at the moment so you would just need to give me a week and we are good to go.

Ah yes the Royals.

The SIM's way of saying Bombers we have punished you all season because we don't like you. We have given you shitty results all season and last week you got smashed and can no longer make the finals. Your season has ended prematurely so to celebrate here have a ******* week with the Royals.

Thanks SFA and by the way, go fu** yourself.

Tony xoxo.
Sounds like you need to employ my strategy against the Dragons in S26 - have a couple of your boys play for the Royals this week.

Entertaining OP from por_please_ya . The location is a bit of a pain for me and it is disconcerting that the game is held a Stadio Olimpico rather than the Colosseum. Baghdadaists and Monarchists alike, be assured my Kitchen crew will still provide the full range of food, grog and cigar concession stands.

At all the Wonders' home games we celebrate the heroic sacrifice of Roman troops in our efforts in civilising much of Europe, Nth Africa and the Middle East. We also civilised Pomgolia which again seems to think it is not part of Europe. I hope both teams observe local customs by leaving your disgusting pineapple and deep fried "Parmas" (sic) at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you need to employ my strategy against the Dragons in S26 - have a couple of your boys play for the Royals this week.

I am an innovater Baz not an imitator.

Entertaining OP from por_please_ya . The location is a bit of a pain for me and it is disconcerting that the game is held a Stadio Olimpico rather than the Colosseum. Baghdadaists and Monarchists alike, be assured my Kitchen crew will still provide the full range of food, grog and cigar concession stands.

At all the Wonders' home games we celebrate the heroic sacrifice of Roman troops in our efforts in civilising much of Europe, Nth Africa and the Middle East. We also civilised Pomgolia which again seems to think it is not part of Europe. I hope both teams observe local customs by leaving your disgusting pineapple and deep fried "Parmas" (sic) at home.
it's "Parmi"

Good morning Royals, we had such a pleasant time in our last interaction.

I would like to introduce you to our newest member.

Don’t be shy Metalcrusher 😍

It’s a bit of a ghost town as most of these Royals peasants actually work for a living, whilst you and I employ these flogs and pay them a damn decent salary.

$17 p/hour is more than fair for the productivity they provide.

Let the fun begin!

98903244-48DA-48D6-93E8-677E55A2F490.gif

Hi bombers

Looking forward to a week of Bagh dad jokes

I’ll start

Did you hear about why the restaurant on the moon got bad reviews?

Everyone said it had no atmosphere
philreich

Ah yes the Royals.

Thanks SFA and by the way, go fu** yourself.

Tony xoxo.
When the game is simulated multiple times to get desired result.

It wreaks of conspiracy when game is posted later than usual.

Back