Media S28 | The Weekly Review [Season Wrap-up]

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 was always going to be an obvious one for finding our Spam of The Week ‘winner’. Or was it?

Truly, a Rats-Bombers match thread promised (and delivered) plenty of zeros and ones. Usual suspects Antonio BlueVein (187 posts), Far Kern (144 posts) and WaynesWorld19 (130 posts) were hyper-active.

But my hunt didn’t stop there. I ventured over to the Furies-Wonders thread and observed the efforts of my dear friend TJASTA.

99 posts isn’t crazy in its own right, but the fact that these posts represented just above 15% of the entire match thread’s posts puts it into better context.

Also consider the fact that around 27% of TJASTA’s posts consisted of 4 words or less, and we have ourselves a deserving Round 3 Spam Of The Year nominee.

Congratulations(?)

View attachment 729731

Round 3 was always going to be an obvious one for finding our Spam of The Week ‘winner’. Or was it?

Truly, a Rats-Bombers match thread promised (and delivered) plenty of zeros and ones. Usual suspects Antonio BlueVein (187 posts), Far Kern (144 posts) and WaynesWorld19 (130 posts) were hyper-active.

But my hunt didn’t stop there. I ventured over to the Furies-Wonders thread and observed the efforts of my dear friend TJASTA.

99 posts isn’t crazy in its own right, but the fact that these posts represented just above 15% of the entire match thread’s posts puts it into better context.

Also consider the fact that around 27% of TJASTA’s posts consisted of 4 words or less, and we have ourselves a deserving Round 3 Spam Of The Year nominee.

Congratulations(?)
meh

View attachment 729702

Well, Round 3 started off as extremely tedious. I was searching for gold in a s**t mine, and unsurprisingly was having little luck.

A few little nuggets rose to the surface. KohPhi was exposed as the league’s Kevin ‘Shifter’ Sheehan in a tidy little TL15 media thread.

View attachment 729684

For those who don’t know Shifter from AFL circles, he likes to talk up every young player he comes across (even hacks like Corey Ellis) as the next legend of the game.

While I was cynical of the suggestion at first, the Corey Ellis analogy does seem to explain a lot about the Bombers’ recruitment strategy.

Test Tickle ‘s ‘please explain’ thread threw up more questions than it provided answers…

View attachment 729685
View attachment 729686View attachment 729688

Think this is where I got to eventually. Thank you Loonerty.

View attachment 729689

So the week was mediocre, and then this little baby came along…

View attachment 729690View attachment 729692
View attachment 729706
View attachment 729697

giphy.gif

Thanks NaturalDisaster . Thank you.
* you manangatang I just spent five and a half hours of my life trying to find the real like button.

View attachment 729731

Congratulations(?)
How can Antonio BlueVein possibly be called a “usual suspect”. Yet.

I averaged better than Bradman last season by the way, and unlike that flog, a Premiership Captain, if anyone hasn’t quite caught up...

In this part of the world, media comes and media goes. Eventually my own not insignificant efforts will here will be soon carelessly tossed (like yesterday's shithouse newspaper) onto the raging dumpster fire of wasted effort in the land of Sweet.

But my attention and that of many of you has continued to be drawn into a thread that was started in December 2016.

This is a long time ago. Lots of s**t has happened since then but I’m slightly intoxicated and cbf looking it up.

So here’s some much-deserved recognition of brahj's enduring piece of media glory – the #scandal thread. It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Congratulations brahj on being the Round 4 nomination for Media Of The Week.

Round 4 can be best summed up as follows.

giphy.gif

As I was desperately cruising around for posting or stories of note, I picked up a disturbing pattern of banter from the Bears.

It appears that they think that posting “Go Bears” is quality and provocative bantz…

Go Bears!

Go Beers.

Grand Final-losing quality right there folks. Can they keep it up? Let's find out!

The only other area of note was when Barrybran started chroming again - at around 7:00pm Friday night no less - changing the thread titles of all the match threads. Did laugh.

I noticed three subtly different impacts of this…

1. General confusion and angst

2. Wayne confusion

3. A sad Spoon

Thanks for giving us something Barry.

I now pray to the Round 5 gods to dish us up something of substance. Some melts. Some Admin bashing. Some borderline AdSense-threatening shenanigans.

Anything.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be time for the Baby Bombers to showcase what they've learned from KohPhi and CALL ME SNAKE.
I've personally learnt a hell of a lot from KohPhi.
We make a good team.
A bit like Martin & Lewis,
Hall & Oates, Abbott & Costello.
And on cold Friday nights we are like
Peter North and Traci Lords.

View attachment 734857

Round 4 can be best summed up as follows.

giphy.gif

As I was desperately cruising around for posting or stories of note, I picked up a disturbing pattern of banter from the Bears.

It appears that they think that posting “Go Bears” is quality and provocative bantz…

Grand Final-losing quality right there folks. Can they keep it up? Let's find out!

The only other area of note was when Barrybran started chroming again - at around 7:00pm Friday night no less - changing the thread titles of all the match threads. Did laugh.

I noticed three subtly different impacts of this…

1. General confusion and angst

View attachment 734843
View attachment 734844
View attachment 734848

2. Wayne confusion

View attachment 734847
View attachment 734852

View attachment 734858

3. A sad Spoon

View attachment 734853
View attachment 734855

Thanks for giving us something Barry.

I now pray to the Round 5 gods to dish us up something of substance. Some melts. Some Admin bashing. Some borderline AdSense-threatening shenanigans.

Anything.

Go Bears is the new Here we go. Right JoshWoodenSpoon ?!

How can Antonio BlueVein possibly be called a “usual suspect”. Yet.

I averaged better than Bradman last season by the way, and unlike that flog, a Premiership Captain, if anyone hasn’t quite caught up...
I think what mananananananannanananangatangtingtang meant was usual suspect in a shitposting kind of way. I usually suspect what Antonio BlueVein is posting is s**t.

An overexcited rookie takes out our Spam of the Week nomination for Round 4.

The Bears have been noticeably spammy in our current match thread, and it seems to be led by new recruit AuntyBlindEye.

In his match thread against the Royals, ABE notched up 79 posts in total, equating to 15.5% of the thread’s total posts.

Not bhed. Good size.

Reel it in big fella. You’re the Round 4 nomination for Spam Of The Year.

A quality piece of media is like a fine diamond.

Sometimes you just need to see it in the right light to appreciate all the facets and quality marks. To see all the flaws.

We at The Weekly Review enjoy many types of media content. Well, some types. Well, only really a little bit – the rest is s**t.

The Half Back presented a refreshingly interesting (if incomplete) look at who remains in the league after each joining season, starting at Season 1.

The discerning may question the quality of the OP shoop, but the cut and clarity of the idea and execution cannot be denied.

Congrats Halfy on creating the R4 nomination for Media Of The Week.

And no, it’s not just because you had a cry about missing out in R3.

View attachment 735159

An overexcited rookie takes out our Spam of the Week nomination for Round 4.

The Bears have been noticeably spammy in our current match thread, and it seems to be led by new recruit AuntyBlindEye.

In his match thread against the Royals, ABE notched up 79 posts in total, equating to 15.5% of the thread’s total posts.

Not bhed. Good size.

Reel it in big fella. You’re the Round 4 nomination for Spam Of The Year.
4 Bombers posters topped the ton and nearly made me top myself and you've given it to a chump that only poster 79 times? Integrity unit incoming.

4 Bombers posters topped the ton and nearly made me top myself and you've given it to a chump that only poster 79 times? Integrity unit incoming.
I’m trying not to shine a light on it.

Congratulations to ShaunDuggan, whose sharp wit in the face of binary gives us hope for a brave and enjoyable post-binary future.

You have won the Round 4 nomination for Post Of The Year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back