Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

ROUND 3 ROUND 3 - KABOOM - ROUND 3 ROUND 3

After the unconscionable delay to the R 3 write up caused by technical malfunctions to the Aunty, the KABOOM noms were pushed back.So here we are at end of Rd 4 and you are about to read about witty work in Round 3. Confused? Welcome to the land of my people.

New Kaboom Rule - Rookie jokes and jabs at Wayneo do not count towards a Kaboom

Before I start it has been noted several Rookies have been having fun with WaynesWorld19. Yep this is easy, the guy spams a lot and does dumb things. Everyone knows that. New rule? Who decided on that? I did because I can.

If any Rookie or other campaigner wants to have a whinge, feel free to lodge a request for The Beandip Correction. I am certain AuntyBlindEye Antonio BlueVein Strigoi and the other powers that would be plutocrats involved in Rookie of the Year will pay attention. I will not.

The rationale for the new rule is as simple as Wayneo himself. It is far too easy to knock yet more holes into the "Human Colander". The guy has had more bleed outs than Julius Caesar on the Ides of March.

So to the Round 3 Bantz Noms

The S.29 Rookies are a wonderfully diverse and clever crew. In my trundles around Match and other Threads I pay close attention to every post from every Rookie. Of course if you believe that I can offer you a remarkably good deal on the Holden brand name and vehicles. Of course the last half decent Holden was Craig who played for the Bloods and Swan Districts iirc.

I must say that Tonga Bob continues to delight not just his lucky team mates but all his opponents with his good humoured quick wit and charm. Yes his tongue is discoloured from kava and betel nut and his tatts are blood curdling but there is no doubt he helps make a match thread.Here he is having an interchange with crowd favourite fumbler in their Round 3 match thread:

fumbler said: "Last week we played against a side who loved chatting to themselves and this week we play against a side who loves chatting about themselves."

Tonga Bob replied: "That's ironic. Last week we played against a side who loved playing against themselves and this week we play against a side who loves playing with themselves.
As his Skipper TheInjuryFactory and others pointed out it is less a Kaboom but more
kfc-zinger-logo.png

Enjoy the accolade Tonga Bob. (Thanks TIF who supplied the image)

Round 3 also saw much admiration for the continuing good work of Santoz, jezzajay and GWS Goose among many others.

Here is some nice work from serial_thrilla in the Drags v Dees Match Thread where he takes the Wooooooo out of the sails of the unique cooney

Cooney said, "I haven't given up." To which the the Drags' recruit responded:
"No, you are the one constant in the Demons lineup this week. It's a fairly small constant, but you're still there."

Cap has shown how wonderful it is to be loved by the Sim in matches, but here is Cap responding to the bog standard comment from a player being bested in Banter.

AceAndy said "Pipe down Rookie"

Cap responded with "Classic B Grader call"

Ouch.

ROUND 3 ROUND 3 - KABOOM - ROUND 3 ROUND 3

After the unconscionable delay to the R 3 write up caused by technical malfunctions to the Aunty, the KABOOM noms were pushed back.So here we are at end of Rd 4 and you are about to read about witty work in Round 3. Confused? Welcome to the land of my people.

New Kaboom Rule - Rookie jokes and jabs at Wayneo do not count towards a Kaboom

Before I start it has been noted several Rookies have been having fun with WaynesWorld19. Yep this is easy, the guy spams a lot and does dumb things. Everyone knows that. New rule? Who decided on that? I did because I can.

If any Rookie or other campaigner wants to have a whinge, feel free to lodge a request for The Beandip Correction. I am certain AuntyBlindEye Antonio BlueVein Strigoi and the other powers that would be plutocrats involved in Rookie of the Year will pay attention. I will not.

The rationale for the new rule is as simple as Wayneo himself. It is far too easy to knock yet more holes into the "Human Colander". The guy has had more bleed outs than Julius Caesar on the Ides of March.

So to the Round 3 Bantz Noms

The S.29 Rookies are a wonderfully diverse and clever crew. In my trundles around Match and other Threads I pay close attention to every post from every Rookie. Of course if you believe that I can offer you a remarkably good deal on the Holden brand name and vehicles. Of course the last half decent Holden was Craig who played for the Bloods and Swan Districts iirc.

I must say that Tonga Bob continues to delight not just his lucky team mates but all his opponents with his good humoured quick wit and charm. Yes his tongue is discoloured from kava and betel nut and his tatts are blood curdling but there is no doubt he helps make a match thread.Here he is having an interchange with crowd favourite fumbler in their Round 3 match thread:

fumbler said: "Last week we played against a side who loved chatting to themselves and this week we play against a side who loves chatting about themselves."

Tonga Bob replied: "That's ironic. Last week we played against a side who loved playing against themselves and this week we play against a side who loves playing with themselves.
As his Skipper TheInjuryFactory and others pointed out it is less a Kaboom but more
kfc-zinger-logo.png

Enjoy the accolade Tonga Bob. (Thanks TIF who supplied the image)

Round 3 also saw much admiration for the continuing good work of Santoz, jezzajay and GWS Goose among many others.

Here is some nice work from serial_thrilla in the Drags v Dees Match Thread where he takes the Wooooooo out of the sails of the unique cooney

Cooney said, "I haven't given up." To which the the Drags' recruit responded:
"No, you are the one constant in the Demons lineup this week. It's a fairly small constant, but you're still there."

Cap has shown how wonderful it is to be loved by the Sim in matches, but here is Cap responding to the bog standard comment from a player being bested in Banter.

AceAndy said "Pipe down Rookie"

Cap responded with "Classic B Grader call"

Ouch.

You clearly need to work harder B52.

Round 4

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
round 4.png

It was a bit of a quiet week in terms of rookie performances. biaseddustyfan continued to make solid progress, serial_thrilla put in a decent effort and Tonga Bob further showed his potential leadership abilities.

Piggy Smalls started to show some class with a very handy performance for the Furies, picking up 11 kicks, 6 marks and 5 handballs to go along with 3.1 goals.

This week's nomination goes to the only rookie who stood out from the pack, and stand out he did. Maylandsman continued the annoying pattern of impressive Dragons rookies, like they don't have enough success to keep them satisfied. His performance sees him rocket up the ARSE points leaderboard to fourth position. His 15 kick, 12 handball, 7 tackle effort as well as his 3 goals has earned him the round 4 Rising Star nomination.

RScertRD4.png

~~~

I caught up with the young Gecko and his adorable captain AceAndy to chat about his nomination.

AceAndy
1. Howdy Ace. You must be ecstatic to have one of your new recruits receive a Rising Star nomination for S29. How impressed have you been with Maylandsman so far?
Great to see one of our rookies recognised by the Rising Star panel, little surprised it took so long but better late than never. Dragons have had a great recent history with the Rising Star award winner for the last two seasons.

Maylandsman has been a quality player from the get go and under the on-field tutelage of fumbler has been one of the Dragons standout players in season 29

2. How did the little lizard come to join the Dragons and how do you think he is fitting in so far?
Maylandsman came to us via the Dingster Rookie Recruiting Process which usually involves a sharp blow to the back of the head , a blindfold and being bundled into the back of a black SUV and being thrown out at the players gate at Ljp’s Lair.

Really fitting in well at the Dragons and it is clear from the team PM Maylandsman is a ripper bloke.

3. What position do you currently have Maylandsman playing and can we expect to see him get a run in other positions through the the season?
Maylandsman is currently playing Ruck-Rover and if his current form holds up I suspect he will play out the season as Ruck-Rover.

4. What S29 rookies have caught your eye this season so far?
Season 29 looks to be a good one for rookies with most clubs having picked up one or two really good ones. serial_thrilla has been in sensational form in match threads for the Dragons and I imagine he will be recognised by the panel in coming weeks.

We played the Warriors last week and I was very impressed with how Tonga Bob went about it. As I said seems every team has managed to pickup one or two really great ones which is great for the future.

Maylandsman
1. Welcome Maylandsman. Congratulations on receiving the Round 4 Rising Star nomination. How did you first hear of the SFA?
Dingster started stalking me. My only escape was to join. Never heard of it but in the glad I finally did.

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How are you finding the Dragons?
The competition is great, love the banter. Only a few take it like their penis preference, hard. The rest is good old fashioned mickey taking.

3. How do you prepare for a qooty match?
Watching re runs of the mighty ducks under the bridge where I stay. Warm up is getting chased by the local kids throwing rocks at me. Like any good athlete I fuel up at McDonalds in their bins out back. And finish with a Mcshit.

4. What are your aspirations for yourself within the league.
To win free wi-fi. Is that a prize? Dingster said it was. Or win a Madonna mask. Oh and meet some disturbing chaps criteria for banter.

5. Have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made any enemies yet?
No enemies, fumbler once when he pinched some cans from my bins. Turns out he is a pretty good avatar whose posts I enjoy reading. Fellow rookie Serial Thrilla has some spunk.
I like all posters that are putting in the effort to keep it real and gave some fun. I don’t remember the serious wanks.

6. How do you rate your chances of winning come the end of the season?
Lay down misere. Particularly if there is a carton of coke or free wi-fi. With the coke cans can be full or empty, organisers decide. So yeh, I’m a chance.

I reckon so too mate. Thanks for your time.

~~~

LDRBRD4.png

jusjoshin continued his slide down the rankings, falling out of the top 7 to make way for Maylandsman. Cap, Cesoir and Tonga Bob remain in their positions by putting in decent efforts and look pretty hard to beat so far. Despite being in the top 3, Tonga is yet to receive a nod. Will get a nomination next week or will he be slightly upstaged yet again? Tune in next week whenever the hell I post the round 5 nomination to find out and give it up for Maylandsman.​

Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
This is getting ridiculous.

There must be something else at play here...
Think of it this way, there are what... 17 rounds in a season and there's 29 (I think) rookies in the league. You can't be nommed twice and about 20 of the rookies have proven to be spuds this far when compared to the top 7.

So, it's more a matter of when than if you get a nom if you continue to track the way you are, put your head over the qooty, train hard and party harder.

You're doing well. Not ABE well, but I'm impressed none the less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back