Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

You wouldn't be saying that if you knew what Cesoir said about you in RookieChat™.
You bastard! You told me what's said in RookieChat™ stays in RookieChat™. Next you'll be telling The Filth Wizard about the time I spilled my guts about him. It's supposed to be a safe haven, now I feel violated - like the time I was an altar boy in Ballarat :eek:

You bastard! You told me what's said in RookieChat™ stays in RookieChat™. Next you'll be telling The Filth Wizard about the time I spilled my guts about him. It's supposed to be a safe haven, now I feel violated - like the time I was an altar boy in Ballarat :eek:

Anything that's said in FilthChat stays in FilthChat you jerk.

Nice melt rookie.
Babies first melt.

This caught my eye. I am mildly offended the Kaboom component is considered as fiction.
Only in the sense that you claim any of the rookies are funny.

jks rooks. Love ya work.
So where is the next winner?

Sophmore's of today, can't get any awards thread right.
Like I said, once the editor approves the interview it will go up.

My name is Cesoir and I am a circle jerk addict.

I used to interact with my team mates at the Royals, but since ABE forced me to join the rookie CJ I find their banter way too negative so I only post in rookie PM sessions. I want to get better but it is just such fun frolicking with the other rookies I don't know if I'll ever be the same poster again :(

Thanks for listening.
******* love this.

We should continue this discussion in RookieChat™. There are too many Qoomers™ here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 5
rounround 5.png

This was a week where a few rookies really showed that they will not be overawed by the occasion and belted their opponents. Cap had a round that sees him pull ahead of the pack, GWS Goose and Tonga Bob were once again overlooked and Santoz had a whole box of doughnuts.

Lemon Boi started to show some promise in the middle with a 14 kick, 6 handball game with great disposal efficiency to help his team to a win.

Chipmunk had a solid debut off half back. He helped himself to 6 kicks, 4 marks and 5 handballs. Not an effort that will yield a great return on ARSE points, but a good enough game to give plenty of confidence going forward.

This week's nomination was an easy choice though. This rookie absolutely smashed the previous ARSE points record, scoring 214.84 ARSE points. The first rookie in history to break the 200 mark. They recorded 14 penetrating kicks, 13 silky handballs, 8 bone crunching tackles, 4 goals and a whopping 7 frees for in an effort to help his team. Any rookies looking for a nomination should have a chat to PurpleGreenRed about how he went about it, as they could learn a lot and it will be difficult to beat. Congratulations PurpleGreenRed, the Round 5 Rising Star goes to you. Give him a round of applause.

RScertRD5 (1).png

~~~

I had a little chat with the young rookie and his captain about his efforts.

TedDougChris
1. Welcome TDC. You must be happy to have one of your new recruits receive a Rising Star nomination for S29. How impressed have you been with PurpleGreenRed so far?
Hi ABE - we've been rapt with PGR so far - he shows all the qualities of someone who will go far in his Qooty. He ignores my instructions, doesn't follow any of my advice on the training track and kicks accurately in front of goal. All the hallmarks of a potential superstar of the sport. If he keeps up this sort of performances, we'll probably have to trade him - he's making a few of us look bad....

2. How did the PGR come to join the Roys and how do you think he is fitting in so far given he isn't a retiree?
We were lucky enough to recruit PGR through the Tour of Qooty covert operations earlier in the year. We had a chat, I lied outrageously and then have constantly ignored his requests for payment. I'm just following in the time-honoured traditions, like making sure as Admin you are in the All SFA side, regardless of your actual performance.... He's settled in well, keeps ruffling Roylion 's hair and pokes Reardo when he's not expecting it.

3. What position do you currently have PGR playing and can we expect to see him get a run in other positions through the the season?
PGR has moved through the middle early, currently sitting in the Rover spot (Ro) !! He's performed well, culminating in a fantastic performance in Rd 5 - something even Tony Lynn 15 might have noticed....

4. What S29 rookies have caught your eye this season so far?
It's been an impressive recruiting haul this year, not just with true rookies like Tonga Bob and TalkingFootyNow1223 who have been good - but it's also been good to see a few returning characters - such as Kapow!!! , Taylor and Marlowe popping back into the league. Note to Broken - still a list spot here mate !!

PurpleGreenRed
1. Welcome PGR. Congratulations on receiving the Round 5 Rising Star nomination with a record setting round. How did you first hear of the SFA?
First heard of the Roys when the SFA ventured into Fremantle territory. Hooked since

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How are you finding the Roys?
I am enjoying my time @ the Roys. Apart from Induction night....it's all going well. Too much Bourbon flowing and not enough Scotch...but that's another story. The boys have been very welcoming and I've enjoyed the experience.

3. How do you prepare for a qooty match?
Whisky or Uisghe as it's properly known. A bit of pre game banter with the other side and even my own team....and a gentle stroll roll the ground with my Westie "Rover" ... perfect warm up!

4. What are your aspirations for yourself within the league.
My aspirations aren't that high...I'd rather be more Fyfe-esque than Schammer-esque but ...happy to contribute!

5. Have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made any enemies yet?
Strigoi caught my eye last week. I think the only poster that can dribble more than TedDougChris ! She also has never seen Game of Thrones. Sheltered! Still thoroughly wonderful poster..and she's in Pittsburgh. Go Steelers!
The Bombers (quell surprise) were harsh when I tentatively went in to say hello. Avoided since!

6. How do you rate your chances of winning come the end of the season?

We won't be winning anything if I don't receive my brown bag full of pineapples as promised by my captain. I'll simply kick the wrong the way and confuse tf out of the sim! One game at a time is the Media department's standard response

Thank you both for your time and nice ARSE Purps.

~~~

LDRBRD5.png
PurpleGreeRed's effort sees Leviathan Pie drop out of the top 7, while his record setting score sees PGR up to fourth spot. Cap, Cesoir and Tonga Bob look fairly comfortable in the top 3. It's only round 5 but it is hard to see those 3 being beaten. Tonga and Santoz are upholding the bombers spirit with their posting numbers despite Tonga not even playing for them.

Justice for GWS Goose! And slow down Cap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back