Media S29 Rising Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I win 0.5 of the Rising Star award this year then?

unlikely.

But we have some bizarre things happen in this comp, so Im not going to rule anything out.

It didnt get much coverage at the time, but are you aware outrageously I went 9 weeks without being nominated.

So awarding you half a rising star would be no where near the most ridiculous thing to happen in this competition, so dont give up hope.

I woke up at 4am to go to a GF party....in 2018 for Pies v Eagles. I had £10 on Pies @10 before finals. I did not come out of that game well or sober...at 9am.

Last year, I overslept and missed the whole thing. Even though I was a Hawks fan then I'm glad I missed it, sounded like a boring game.

You got more out of sleeping than you would have gotten out of the game.

Too. Much. Toby. fu**in. Greene. In. This. THREAD!

Too much Toby ******* Greene on the field as well

You got more out of sleeping than you would have gotten out of the game.

Too much Toby ******* Greene on the field as well

It was a win for me at least :)

Toby Greene is a ******* jet.

Would love him at my team, attitude and all.

He’s Hayden Ballantyne but with less horse training and more karate (NOT tae kwon do), plus the fact that I f**ken love Hayden Ballantyne.

He’s Hayden Ballantyne but with less horse training and more karate (NOT tae kwon do), plus the fact that I f**ken love Hayden Ballantyne.

source.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is also a wide talent gulf between the two.

Round 13
ROUND 13.gif
In a round where the greatest winning margin was just a meagre 16 points, we may have witnessed one of the all-time great rookie all-round performances of the past few seasons. PurpleGreenRed's game in Round 8 set the bar originally but another rooke decided to make a mockery of, and laugh at the bar he set.

Strangely enough, 2 of the best performers were rookies and in the same game and on the same team! It's rare enough having one good performance but 2 from the same team?? Not sure what was added to the water there but it did the trick and they managed to drag their team over the line for a 6 point victory.

We would have loved to have given out two noms this round but since we can't do that, an honorary mention must go to Leviathan Pie for a stellar performance. Keep an eye on this man, no, this Leviathan of the Qooty world.

If ever there was a no-brainer nomination, it would be this one. His stats read like someone who is at the height of their career after only a handful of games played. With 13 Hitouts, 14 kicks, 18 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 FF, 1 FA and 3 goals 1 behind, and not a dirty mark to be seen this all-round game will be etched in the Sweet FA history books. Excuse me whilst I stop myself drooling. I'm of course talking about the Swamprats super sub/ruckman, Rich the babe Evans. Congratulations on being the Round 13 nominee.

I sat down with Rich the babe Evans and his captain philreich to get to the bottom of this.

Phil

1. Evening Phil. this was one of the best all-round Rising Star nominee performances of the season by a rookie, what did you put in the water prior to the game? How proud are you of the nomination?

Stephen Dank visited the club that week...…….

2. How did Rich come to find his way to the Swampies and how do you think he's fitting in at the Rats, and in the SweetFA overall?

Fellow Hawthorn fan SarahSmiles got him on board - nice work SS.

3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future?

He's currently coming off the bench, but that may change in the near future - perhaps in this season's finals series.

4. What other S29 Rookies have also grabbed your attention this season?

Guys like serial_thrilla, Tonga Bob, Santoz & Cap have been very good value. I'm sure the winner will come from those 4.

Rich the babe Evans

1. Welcome Rich the Babe Evans and congratulations on an amazing performance with a no-brainer Rising Star nomination. How did you first hear of the Sweet F.A and what made you apply?

Was dragged into by Sarahsmiles and thought it would be fun to beat up on some plebs.

2. Are you enjoying your time so far? How do you find the Swampies?

Now that I'm starting in the best 18 yes and first offer me a contract.

3. What are your aspirations and goals within the league?

Convert all my team members to veganism

4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match and was there any special peptalk or product Phil gave you prior to this game?

Take these and don't ask any questions.

5. It's 14 games into the season (as of writing), have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made (m)any enemies/rivals?

None yet, heard my opponent Tigerturbulance this week is bit of a campaigner.

6. and finally, how do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end?

Put your house on it.

Round 13_Award.gif

Special thanks must go out to serial_thrilla for doing the hard work on the stats for this round.

View attachment 874143
In a round where the greatest winning margin was just a meagre 16 points, we may have witnessed one of the all-time great rookie all-round performances of the past few seasons. PurpleGreenRed's game in Round 8 set the bar originally but another rooke decided to make a mockery of, and laugh at the bar he set.

Strangely enough, 2 of the best performers were rookies and in the same game and on the same team! It's rare enough having one good performance but 2 from the same team?? Not sure what was added to the water there but it did the trick and they managed to drag their team over the line for a 6 point victory.

We would have loved to have given out two noms this round but since we can't do that, an honorary mention must go to Leviathan Pie for a stellar performance. Keep an eye on this man, no, this Leviathan of the Qooty world.

If ever there was a no-brainer nomination, it would be this one. His stats read like someone who is at the height of their career after only a handful of games played. With 13 Hitouts, 14 kicks, 18 handballs, 7 tackles, 2 FF, 1 FA and 3 goals 1 behind, and not a dirty mark to be seen this all-round game will be etched in the Sweet FA history books. Excuse me whilst I stop myself drooling. I'm of course talking about the Swamprats super sub/ruckman, Rich the babe Evans. Congratulations on being the Round 13 nominee.

I sat down with Rich the babe Evans and his captain philreich to get to the bottom of this.

Phil

1. Evening Phil. this was one of the best all-round Rising Star nominee performances of the season by a rookie, what did you put in the water prior to the game? How proud are you of the nomination?

2. How did Rich come to find his way to the Swampies and how do you think he's fitting in at the Rats, and in the SweetFA overall?

3. What position do you currently have him playing and will we see a move in the future?

He's currently coming off the bench, but that may change in the near future - perhaps in this season's finals series.

Guys like serial_thrilla, Tonga Bob, Santoz & Cap have been very good value. I'm sure the winner will come from those 4.

Rich the babe Evans

1. Welcome Rich the Babe Evans and congratulations on an amazing performance with a no-brainer Rising Star nomination. How did you first hear of the Sweet F.A and what made you apply?

Was dragged into by Sarahsmiles and thought it would be fun to beat up on some plebs.

4. How do you prepare for a Qooty match and was there any special peptalk or product Phil gave you prior to this game?

5. It's 14 games into the season (as of writing), have any teams or posters caught your eye so far? Have you made (m)any enemies/rivals?

6. and finally, how do you rate your chances of winning the Rising Star come season's end?

Put your house on it.

View attachment 874150

Special thanks must go out to serial_thrilla for doing the hard work on the stats for this round.

Congrats Rich, welcome to the club.

The plot thickens for the thirsty few.

View attachment 874143

Phil

Rich the babe Evans

Put your house on it.

View attachment 874150

See GWS Goose? We control this already!

Congrats Rich the babe Evans !!

Last edited:
View attachment 874143

Phil

Rich the babe Evans

Put your house on it.

View attachment 874150

Gold. A vegan eh? Test Tickle get in here. You finally got a live one for the Last of the Vegan Bears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back