Official Match Thread S29 Round 1: Sin City Swamprats vs Baghdad Bombers @ Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

1580113119046.png
Hello everyone, welcome to 2020, the start of a new year, the start of a new decade and most importantly of all, the start of a new Qooty season. After a successful State of Origin series, Qooty kicks off again with its 29th season. 29 seasons of Qooty, which means we are only one season away from the 30-season milestone. We want the milestone season to be a great season, let’s make that the build up to it is just as great.

It’s Round 1 and this match between the Sin City Swamprats and the reigning Wooden Spooners, will be held at the Rats home of the Underground Stadium.

S28 Recap

The Swamprats put up a strong premiership defense during S28, they finished the season as minor premiers with 10 wins, 4 losses and 2 draws. They however, could not replicate their S27 finals success as they lost to the Hawks quite comfortably in the first week of the finals. They made the prelim after beating the Wonders, however, could not overcome the Demons in the prelim.

S28 for the Bombers was a simply disastrous season. It seemed that their on-field performance aligned with their off field posting, they lost their first four games before beating the out of form Hawks in round 5, they then won their next 2. Their last win was in Round 9 as they lost their remaining 7 matches.

Off Season

During the off-season, the Swamprats had a change of leadership as philreich and SarahSmiles stepped up to captain the club.

The off season wasn’t massive recruitment wise for the Swamprats, however they recruited club whore akkaps and signed a rookie in Leviathan Pie. They also delisted Elite Finger Twirler.

The Bombers had a massive off season for recruitment. They managed to snag ex Bears captain JoshWoodenSpoon, whom, if he isn’t wallowing at a lost bet in the corner, will improve the Bombers massively. They also recruited ex Dragons skipper cammo6556, snozulu from the Gumbies and cadsky from the Royals. They have also brought in rookies Santoz, Bamboo Harvester, windows1, Bovo and Butler40. They lost CazC30 to the Dragons, ex captain beez to the Gumbies, ex league admin boncer34 to the Demons and delisted CJMB, Hands On, UnitedWarrior93, ArrowMan, Blue_Balls & ctacp.

Last time they met

S28 R14

Baghdad Bombers 13.10 (88) wdb Sin City Swamprats 18.7 (115)

It was a relatively close first quarter, until the Swamprats pulled away in the second quarter and looked like giving the Bombers a pounding after a 7-goal lead at 3QT. The Bombers kept them to one goal in the final charge, but only managed 3 of their own. Mobbs medallist philreich dominated with 23 disposals, 9 tackles and 3 goals, whilst CALL ME SNAKE held his own for the losing side with 25 disposals, 5 marks and a goal.

Skippers Interview

1580113155554.png

During the week, I sat down with philreich and WaynesWorld19, to discuss their outlook for the upcoming season.

ND: Thanks for joining me fellas, hope you are both pumped for the upcoming season!

Phil:
Thanks ND, you know, last I was dreaming about an ocean that was made of orange soda.

Took me a while to work out it was just a Fanta sea

WW19:

ND: …

ND: Alright. How do you each view your teams prospects for S29, on and off field?

Phil:
On field, I'm expecting to play finals, and from there, anything is possible. Off field, the absence of Far Kern may affect the squad. I want to thank everyone for their best wishes - it's greatly appreciated.

ND: We all wish Far Kern the best. Wayneo?

WW19:
ND this Bombers Unit is the without doubt the strongest team list ever assembled in the SFA .....a mixture of youth and experience.
We have tossed the magnets around ....had our technical experts scour the SIM results of every player the last 2 seasons .....and developed our own algorithm for players best positions

The Bombers will play Finals .....we're crazy enough to expect success

ND: Right, you’ve done a fair little coup there, including dual Beez medalist JoshWoodenSpoon. How will these recruits improve the Bombers in and off field?

WW19:
It's fair to say Josh has struggled with the adjustment to Baghdania .....he cuts a lonely figure in our team meetings, often quietly sobbing ....but he's making an effort & studying hard in our spam 101 classes

Of the established players cadsky has risen to the standards expected by the Bombers ....and will play a critical onfield role in our resurgence

ND you're well aware of the gentile nature of our posting unit ....well Santoz and Butler40 are going to rock this place & give the Bombers a harder edge on & off-field.....they'll be mentored by Metalcrusher

We struggled for a FF last season ..... Santoz has demanded the FF spot

Too many recruits to individualize ......but expect new records to be set !

ND: I look forward to it.. Wait, wtf did I say? Moving on, Phil, The Swamprats have won the last three Mobbs medals, is this an indication of dominance or a team with selfish players?

Phil:
You're basically asking me to understand the sim - you might as well ask me how a woman thinks.

ND: Will either of you break the spam label this season?

Phil:
Doesn't concern me too much what certain people think of us. The Rats are here to have fun in match threads, and if some don't like our style, then so be it. It's better than going missing for 3 days like certain other teams.

WW19: We refute this label & it's insinuation ....we're engaging & active ...and happy to play with ourselves, if the opposition refuses to engage

My question to the other clubs .....do you have the skills and want for the contest , to engage the Bombers on & off field .....SFA, it's time for you to test yourself against the best !

ND: So that’s a no then. Ok, which player do you believe will have a posting “break-out” season?

Phil:
Now his school days are behind him, I expect Sparkle to stand out from the crowd this season. He's also been added to the leadership group, so he's highly regarded amongst the group.

WW19: cadsky, Riviat and Antonio BlueVein to come out of their shells.

ND: ABV’s was in a “shell” for his rookie season? Good god….. Ok, if you had to insult each other using only two words, what will they be?

Phil:
Spammy pest.

WW19: Hebetudinous Comic

ND: Thank you very much for joining me fellas, all the best for the upcoming season! Any final words?

Phil:
it's difficult to know how the coming season will play out: you'd have more luck guessing what CazC30 will say next.

WW19: Yes ...I have words ....what the fu** has happened to this place ....you used to be challenged in a Qooty match, ..put your head in the wrong place & it was knocked off

Now this place has gone all syrupy .... afraid to banter ....afraid to show up in match threads, for fear they're going to be offended .....which reminds me of the time I used to ride my pony thru fields of daffodils & butterflies.... soaking up life ......a joyous time between young man & pony.... as the pony went to the glue factory the next day ....expensive little buggers

To the social welfare seeking clubs ......we will be responsible, but try and compete, don't bleat that we have to lower our standards .....lift yours, compete ....do something, don't think (we don't want to place too high a expectation) ....just do something in S29

Prediction

Draw

Captains, please remember to post your team sheets by Thursday 11.59 pm AEDT

Thanks to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Butler is ready to serve you Swamprats a nice piece of humble pie bring it on.....
First game Butler40 ....feeling nervous? .....first step in your head to head battle with Santoz .....to win the League EKA, as best first season player

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back