Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 Dragons FFC vs Roys FFC at Dragon Island

Remove this Banner Ad

I've only just stumbled into this thread, but you can't possibly be someone from PERTH slinging s**t on Brisbane, can you?
I didn't expect to be slinging s**t either, but this city is surprisingly awful.

You seem to be getting around a bit lately ST. Work related ?
Yep. February is packed full of conferences over east, but the rest of the year I'm back home.

Brisbane update. Friday 0140. How hard is it to get a drink after 11pm in this archaic city? I thought Perth was bad and Sydney was restricted by lockout laws...but Brisbane takes the cake. Fine! I'll keep my (the company's) money!!

Brisbane update. Friday 0140. How hard is it to get a drink after 11pm in this archaic city? I thought Perth was bad and Sydney was restricted by lockout laws...but Brisbane takes the cake. Fine! I'll keep my (the company's) money!!
This makes me so very upset ST

tenor.gif
Some things you just wish you could un-see. :oops:

Final team practice today before this week's game, my fellow Dragons. Let's run hard, kick straight, leap high, and have a productive team meeting.
Take it easy on Hatchy1992 ...he had a rough night. I know he'll recuperate well. He has a strong constitution.
We'll be ready and pumped for Sunday! Beware, Roys! :devil:

GO DRAGONS!! :greenheart: 🦕

Quick test...yep...perfect. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 830460
View attachment 830461
(Actual Knee)
Hi Roys, sorry I missed training, but I had a partial knee replacement on Wednesday. Still in hospital, but I am going to bust out and play in Sunday’s big game.

Hope you make a speedy recovery mate, you won’t need to run around too much this weekend - it’s not like our opponents won the flag or anything.....

Hope you make a speedy recovery mate, you won’t need to run around too much this weekend - it’s not like our opponents won the flag or anything.....
Did i mention we were 45 points down in the last quarter and kicked nine goals in a row to win last week.

Did i mention we were 45 points down in the last quarter and kicked nine goals in a row to win last week.

Really ??? I don’t remember you mentioning this ?

Next you will be saying that someone got 151 points in a GF.....

Saw it live in London's West End. Amazing!
Same - but back in 2008. I also saw it when it came to Perth years later but it wasn’t quite as spectacular. I was in London in December and wanted to see it again but was outvoted - we saw Come From Away and Phantom of the Opera instead.

Pardon the interruption to a match thread humming a long quite nicely as it should in the midst of #WondersWeek

Here is a Public Announcement you may have missed

Public Announcement : Public Announcement : Public Announcement

On the streets leading to the SFA stadium, barriers are already being erected for the Saturday morning Parade for the Wonders and the um ..Demons.

Seating will be provided for the younger Rookies from other teams as well as the Roys and assorted tossbags, dignitaries such as HOFs and simmers and skippers from the lesser 10 teams. It is understood every player from Oppo teams will be attending.

The weather forecast for the game is not yet determined, but tomorrow morning the sky will be clear and the conditions will be balmy (if not barmy). Appropriately enough the street will be halved in sun and shade. Wonders please note you will march down the sunny side of the street; Demons you will be on the shady side.

The parade will be led by Mobbs who will bear the Foundation Cup.

The Parade will set off at 9.00am. There may be speeches. There will certainly be some terrific food and beverages available for sale at the Wonders' Concession Stands. Word has it the Wonders have already set up three stores on the route to sell Wonders memorabilia, Sab22 replica jumpers and Ant Bear's monograph, "The joys of playing at half back."

More news as it comes in as the entire Sweet FA goes nutsoid about #WondersWeek.

Pardon the interruption to a match thread humming a long quite nicely as it should in the midst of #WondersWeek

Here is a Public Announcement you may have missed
I hope you're not using the same caterer that the MCG had that fateful day last year...keep the medic staff on hand. :smirkcat:
I love Ant Bear's ears. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back