Official Match Thread S29 Round 5 East Side Hawks vs Baghdad Bombers at Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe that society these days could partake in many more resilience-building practices than we do and not get to the stage where we need to openly discuss our depression as a way of dealing with it.

Kvetch to get things off your chest every now and then, yes. Complain all the time, no.

Prevention better than cure and all that.
Depression needs to be understood by the person and their support network in order to best manage it and help build resilience. By talking about it is the first step in that journey. It should be encouraged to help reduce that stigma and educate those to better understand the illness. It also helps reduce the high suicide rates particularly in men by getting the right treatment that is needed.

Wow. I went to bed last night thinking this thread was all but over. I was happy to declare unbeaten once again. Then BRABSMum showed up. Wow, what a humble and HOT woman! I think I might stick around a little longer now. Hopefully she can get BRAB into bed a little earlier tonight so we can get to know each other a little better!

Talking about mental illness and obesity.

Each person is different, and will manage it differently. The amount of help they need all depends on the individual. Obesity AND depression can often go hand in hand. I’m sad. Food makes me happy. I’ll eat. I hate what I see in the mirror. I’m sad. Food makes me happy. I’ll eat... it can be a never ending cycle.

I’ll go off topic just a little here.
I wonder what would happen if there was no social media, like it was absolutely nuked for some reason. Banned. Whatever. Then we’d see some real improvement.

People would actually venture outside and contribute to society, get some fresh air, smell the roses. Perhaps the world would be a better place?!

I also came across an interesting thing recently. Instapram has removed the amount of “likes” people can see. The person who posts a picture of their sandwich, their cat, or legs at the beach can see the amount of likes, but their followers can’t?! Can anyone who uses Instapram confirm this? How did it make you feel?

Imagine if Bigfooty went down this path?! How many of you would be displeased?

Honest question.

Talking about mental illness and obesity.

Each person is different, and will manage it differently. The amount of help they need all depends on the individual. Obesity AND depression can often go hand in hand. I’m sad. Food makes me happy. I’ll eat. I hate what I see in the mirror. I’m sad. Food makes me happy. I’ll eat... it can be a never ending cycle.

I’ll go off topic just a little here.
I wonder what would happen if there was no social media, like it was absolutely nuked for some reason. Banned. Whatever. Then we’d see some real improvement.

People would actually venture outside and contribute to society, get some fresh air, smell the roses. Perhaps the world would be a better place?!

I also came across an interesting thing recently. Instapram has removed the amount of “likes” people can see. The person who posts a picture of their sandwich, their cat, or legs at the beach can see the amount of likes, but their followers can’t?! Can anyone who uses Instapram confirm this? How did it make you feel?

Imagine if Bigfooty went down this path?! How many of you would be displeased?

Honest question.

I think Bigfooty would be better, less people fishing for likes.

Don’t use instaspam

How did that make you feel? When I love reacted your post? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
A simple “like” can make a person feel so good.
Instaspam. Good one. What about the other stuff?

It’s a good indicator of whether a joke is well received or not. If I say something I think is funny, but gets ignored or disliked I just go “well won’t repeat that again” and move on. Doesn’t affect me much apart from that.

This is a pretty serious accusation of my good friend Tony.

You need better friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back